MacaW GT100s(inverted dynamic driver) impressions thread
Jun 19, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #16 of 235

Sound

TThey sound to me almost like what I remember the Ety ER4S sounding like, but brighter. Even when it comes to the shoving-detail-down-your-throat and holy-macrel-these-are-clear qualities of the ER4. They also aren't very impactful, so they won't make you feel like you're getting whacked in the head during drum solos; whether that's a good or bad thing is gonna come down to personal preference. I enjoy getting whacked in the head, myself.

So they are on par with Ety Er4s? How do they differ in SQ?

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #17 of 235

Thanks...you're really going to make me buy this!

Not a fan of the over the ear design though. Is it easy to wear them straight down instead?

How forgiving are they of low quality files?

I doubt they'd be too comfortable straight down but I dunno. I'm good at wearing IEMs that are designed to be worn down, up, but have no experience in wearing IEMs designed to be worn up, down. I like up. I haven't really listened to any low-quality files with them, so I dunno. Sorry for this worthless response.

Quote:

So they are on par with Ety Er4s? How do they differ in SQ?

I'm only going by memory of the ER4, and we all know how reliable that tends to be. But the GT100s shares that same lean and clean qualities about its sound.

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #18 of 235

Thanks...you're really going to make me buy this!

Not a fan of the over the ear design though. Is it easy to wear them straight down instead?

How forgiving are they of low quality files?

These really can't be worn cable down unless you have gigantic, elephantine ears. I have very large concha (the inner circle in your ears) and I can't do it.  As for low quality files... eh, no.  These are incredibly revealing headphones and you will definitely be noticing issues with low quality rips.

Jun 20, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #20 of 235
  Thanks for the help guys! I've placed my order from penonaudio.

Hope you like 'em!

Doing some back-and-forth with the GT100s and the KC06. They're priced similarly, and both IEMs are made by birds, so maybe a good, quick comparison.
tongue.gif
First thing you notice is, as is becoming par for the course, the GT100s is clearer. It makes what is generally considered to be a very clear earphone(the Ostrich) sound a little bit on the stuffy side, exacerbated by the better instrument separation of the Macaws.

A few posts back I said "These things are just soooo clear and they have an almost audible black space between instruments, if that makes any sense", and in reading Twister's review I noticed he experienced the same thing but maybe said it in a way that makes better sense.

You literally hear layering airy effect between sounds.

The KC06 is warmer, bassier, and places vocalists much closer to you. The GT100s has a stronger treble response.

Jun 20, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #21 of 235
  Hope you like 'em!

Doing some back-and-forth with the GT100s and the KC06. They're priced similarly, and both IEMs are made by birds, so maybe a good, quick comparison.
tongue.gif
First thing you notice is, as is becoming par for the course, the GT100s is clearer. It makes what is generally considered to be a very clear earphone(the Ostrich) sound a little bit on the stuffy side, exacerbated by the better instrument separation of the Macaws.

A few posts back I said "These things are just soooo clear and they have an almost audible black space between instruments, if that makes any sense", and in reading Twister's review I noticed he experienced the same thing but maybe said it in a way that makes better sense.

The KC06 is warmer, bassier, and places vocalists much closer to you. The GT100s has a stronger treble response.

Stronger but not peaky or edgy treble I assume? How is the treble detail retrieval on GT100s compared to say Havi B3? 

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #26 of 235
I've got the Ostry KC06A and love them but the design of these look awesome. Isolation was a problem with the KC06As so I'm hoping these will solve it. Ordered!

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #27 of 235
  I've got the Ostry KC06A and love them but the design of these look awesome. Isolation was a problem with the KC06As so I'm hoping these will solve it. Ordered!

Isolation is good. Not as good as say, the Rockets, but definitely better than the KC06. 

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #28 of 235

Isolation is good. Not as good as say, the Rockets, but definitely better than the KC06. 

Thanks for that. How does it compare with the VSD5 for isolation? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back