Mac (USB) -> Fiio E7&E9 -> Senn. PXC 450?
Dec 2, 2010 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

alvinleong01

New Head-Fier
Hi all, my first post here. 
beerchug.gif

Been lurking around head-fi for quite sometime now and recently heard about the new Fiio E9.
I currently own a pair of PXC 450 (direct line out from early '08 macbook) for home listening
as well as Denon C551 (with iPod nano 1st gen) for my portable rig.

Would like to purchase the Fiio E9 along with E7 (that acts as the USB DAC if i comprehend correctly).

So this will probably be the setup I'll be having.

Macbook (USB) -> E9&E7 -> Senn. PXC 450.
Ipod nano 1st gen -> E7 -> Denon C551 

Does the boost in audio performance justify the ~200 USD? (S$280 over here, singapore dollars btw).

Anyway, I'm wondering if the USB DAC is going to work when i hook it up over a USB hub as my poor macbook only has 2 USB ports 
tongue.gif

Thanks all 
beyersmile.png

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 4
I have a Macbook Air with only 1 usb port. I have external hard drives that hold my music. The external drives are all portable and draw power from the usb connection. I've found that those cheap $2 unpowered hubs from Meritline will not work with more than one usb device that requires power from usb. So, in order to get my usb DAC (iBasso D4 on USB power) and portable drives to work, I had to hook them into a powered usb hub that you plug into its own wall/powerstrip socket. I got a Macally one on Amazon for $15. Works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back