Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Apr 27, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #2,071 of 3,495
Agreed; I'm anxiously waiting for version 2, which supposedly will eliminate the need for iTunes, and also provide its own iPad/iPhone Remote style app.

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #2,072 of 3,495
Agreed; I'm anxiously waiting for version 2, which supposedly will eliminate the need for iTunes, and also provide its own iPad/iPhone Remote style app.

Colour me suddenly interested. I detest iTunes with a passion!

Apr 27, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #2,074 of 3,495
Of course, you can use Audirvana in stand alone mode now, but version 2 will supposedly offer more in the way of library/organization features.  I use it in iTunes integrated mode now.  I like the look of iTunes, but enjoy bypassing it as the default music player.

Apr 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #2,075 of 3,495
I want true folder navigation and an app that works as a remote. Not much to ask.

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #2,076 of 3,495

Although I enjoy using A+, I haven't kept up with development news. Any idea when v.2 will hit the street?

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #2,077 of 3,495
Yes, in fact user interface of Audirvana Plus 2.0 will look very much like that of iTunes with main window showing album tittles/artworks, artist and song names. Both applications can be used separately without interference. Of course the only way to know final implementation is to wait for its launch in near future.

Really? I don't like the look of iTunes though... :frowning2:

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #2,078 of 3,495

Really? I don't like the look of iTunes though...
frown.gif

Gotta screenshot of a music database you really like?
popcorn.gif

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #2,079 of 3,495
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/539740/mac-os-x-music-players-alternatives-to-itunes/2055#post_10387701 layout=inline] [/CONTENTEMBED]
Really? I don't like the look of iTunes though... :frowning2:

Gotta screenshot of a music database you really like?
:popcorn:

I don't use a database though. I like drag-n-drop files like the current Audirvana Plus does, which allows me to listen to certain tracks as I want without having to sort them manually in a database and make separate playlists for them.

If I want to listen to a specific playlist, I simply open the .m3u file saved on my desktop.

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #2,080 of 3,495
I don't use a database though. I like drag-n-drop files like the current Audirvana Plus does, which allows me to listen to certain tracks as I want without having to sort them manually in a database and make separate playlists for them.

If I want to listen to a specific playlist, I simply open the .m3u file saved on my desktop.

I too, use A+ in this way. But when enjoying 8 hour + listening sessions overnight... 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #2,081 of 3,495
There is a thread over in Computer Audiophile  with some discussion of version 2.  Damien Plisset, the author of the program, occasionally posts there.  Back in early March, he cryptically mentioned that spring would come a bit late this year.  Here's a link:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/audirvana-1-5-12-a-19028/index8.html

There are some screen shots of what the interface might look like, also.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #2,082 of 3,495

+1

Even if I wanted to use a library, it'd be small and/or mostly MP3s. All my FLAC is on an external hard drive. I have way too much music to keep on any of my mac's internal hard drive.

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #2,083 of 3,495

+1

Even if I wanted to use a library, it'd be small and/or mostly MP3s. All my FLAC is on an external hard drive. I have way too much music to keep on any of my mac's internal hard drive.

+ 2

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #2,084 of 3,495
  There is a thread over in Computer Audiophile  with some discussion of version 2.  Damien Plisset, the author of the program, occasionally posts there.  Back in early March, he cryptically mentioned that spring would come a bit late this year.  Here's a link:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/audirvana-1-5-12-a-19028/index8.html

There are some screen shots of what the interface might look like, also.

biggrin.gif
 Though I lurked head-fi for 7 years before registering mid-2010, I took interest at CA much earlier; have a diff username over there. Occasionally have exchanges with Damien but haven't followed CA of late (business).  That's for getting me up to date!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back