Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Nov 26, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #1,562 of 3,495
Quote:
To Surf,

Your computer will handle normal files (.wav, .flac, .mp3) with no problem.  You get skips or dropouts if you use audirvana to play high res files.  I had this issue on my 2010 Macbook until I upgraded to 8gb of RAM.  Keep in mind this was only the case when my computer was multitasking with safari, word and A+ running playing high res.  If you stick to only audio while playing high res files I don't see you having a problem with 2gb of RAM.

There was also a dropout problem with the direct/integer beta in the last build.  It you had integer capable DAC or bridge, that build gave random dropout when direct mode was activated.  A new build was release today that seems to fix it.

http://audirvana.com/?p=304

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #1,563 of 3,495
Meh, I bought it black Friday and that's been my first Mac since like 2003-2004. I wanted to give it another try but I just don't think it's for me. Also 2,200 is a lot of money to a guy like me when I could get the same configure for half the price.

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #1,564 of 3,495
Man, I really like the new iTunes 11, but I can't figure out how to show bit rate and sampling rate anymore. I really hope they didn't do away with that feature..

Nov 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #1,565 of 3,495
Bit rate can be displayed in traditional list view (songs tab only atm it seems). Right click on the column header to show / hide specific attributes. The songs were sorted by added date first time I opened itunes11 just like the previous version.

Audirvana + seems to work just fine with itunes11. Tried with the "up next" listening playlist in full view and mini player mode ands it's all fine it seems! Really like the new interface, larger fonts / less clutter. It should also look pretty good on a 11' screen (am using a 15' mbp).

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #1,567 of 3,495
Ah yep, didn't see that songs was the "classic" display. I like the artists and album views more, as my entire library is full albums and meticulously organized. But thanks for that.

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #1,568 of 3,495
Quote:
Man, I really like the new iTunes 11, but I can't figure out how to show bit rate and sampling rate anymore. I really hope they didn't do away with that feature..

I didn't even hear about iTunes 11 until I saw you post. Thanks for the update! I'll be checking it out once it's downloaded.

MAN that is one ugly interface! I miss the old iTunes 10 already...and I've only used 11 for 5 minutes. :frowning2:

Bit rate:

Ewww....

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #1,569 of 3,495
Sounds like an allergic reaction to change rather that meaningful complain (like we all get with anything in life as we grow older :wink:).

If all you need is a column browser, just ditch itunes altogether and use simpler players like box or audirvana "stand alone".

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #1,571 of 3,495
Quote:
Sounds like an allergic reaction to change rather that meaningful complain (like we all get with anything in life as we grow older
wink.gif
).
If all you need is a column browser, just ditch itunes altogether and use simpler players like box or audirvana "stand alone".

I do use Audirvana Plus, but I have some iTunes downloads.

There IS an option to bring back the sidebar! Yay, iTunes functionality/navigation = restored somewhat
At least I don't need to move the mouse much to go to different media (movies, music, podcasts) and interfaces (iTunes Store, iPod, library). I don't know WHY they decided to put those 2 things on the opposite side of the screen.

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #1,574 of 3,495
Maybe I should display my Alpha section. Sans Adele but I got Al Green - Anne Akiko Meyers - Astrud Gilberto - Abraham Laboriel, Sr ect..
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back