M50
Feb 21, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #3 of 13
Or a safer way to enjoy:
- Don't put them on when you first get them.  Burn them in with a looped playlist of music at medium low volume until you sleep (Do not listen to them), and then burn them in overnight for at least 7 hours on medium high volume (Do not listen to them).  THEN, the next day, listen to some crapbuds for a few minutes.  THEN put your M50s on. :)
- Remember not to expect much from your headphones.  They will be a big improvement if they are your first good headphone, yes, but your songs aren't actually going to become different songs.  Enjoy the music and not the headphone.
- Never come to this site again! :D

This is 100% serious.  Please take my advice.

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
Or a safer way to enjoy:
- Don't put them on when you first get them.  Burn them in with a looped playlist of music at medium low volume until you sleep (Do not listen to them), and then burn them in overnight for at least 7 hours on medium high volume (Do not listen to them).  THEN, the next day, listen to some crapbuds for a few minutes.  THEN put your M50s on. :)
- Remember not to expect much from your headphones.  They will be a big improvement if they are your first good headphone, yes, but your songs aren't actually going to become different songs.  Enjoy the music and not the headphone.

haha, is that how you did it?

Dec 9, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #5 of 13
Dec 9, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #6 of 13
haha, is that how you did it?

Ooh, bust!

I noticed a difference in the midrange after an overnight of white noise but I think since then I haven't noticed any difference. So I'd say give it a little FM static burn in at a moderate volume for a few hours and after that just enjoy.

Two tips:

1. listen at a low volume -- the M50, in my opinion, works very well at these lower volumes and you'll enjoy it more

2. you might consider the coax pad mod -- two 9.5 inch lengths of normal coax cable, tucked inside the earpads -- comfort, more sense of space and air, slightly tamed highs

Dec 9, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
Or a safer way to enjoy:

If you value your bank balance, this is solid advice!

But I definitely +1 just putting them on and listening to them, without worrying about burn time. It's true that the general consensus is the M50s benefit from burn in, but you listening to them right away versus you playing music on loop won't hurt the earphones in any way. Personally I'd just put them on and enjoy your new purchase, then loop music and leave them playing as you head to sleep, repeat for a few nights.

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #12 of 13
Just burn them in a natural way which is put on your head :)
There is no need for accelerated burn, just enjoy your music and headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back