M50 with 440/840 Pads
Feb 3, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #91 of 94
Since i own the Srh 840 and the M50..I was giving my computer a fresh install and then the thought struck me to change the pads...I wasn´t even looking at head-fi when i got the idéa. Armed with the 840 pads i tore of the stock m50 pads and installed the 840pads.

Now a listen..Well hey there! More comfort...And more clarity..Lack of bass? Well maby just a tad..but the bass is overall better..I like this!

Then again, since i bought the m50s for their some what bassy sound..And since i allready have the SRH-840 which is to me a very clear and upper focused can. This is like blending the two cans together ( which you basicly do with the pads ) 

So maby for a first time buyer..Who wants bass, comfort and clear..Well just say a good All-round can..This combo might be THE one. Its something in between the Srh 840 and the M50..I like it, ALOT!

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #93 of 94

Quote:
I wonder if the KRK KNS8400 pads will fit?  The set runs $30 however.  These KRK pads are memory foam and are super comfortable.

They're too small and proprietary and will only work with the KRKs unfortunately. They kind of snap into place so there would be no way to fit them on the M50. The cups of the KRKs are a little smaller.

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #94 of 94
I was thinking of getting M50 pads for my  MK2s. After reviewing this thread I decided to try 840 pad on my ATH-700 MK2s. They fit perfectly and are now much more comfortable. I cannot really tell much difference in sound but the seal is better. 840 pads are much softer to the touch than MK2 pads. Totally worth the $15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back