M50 owner poll - How long can you wear them?
Feb 18, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #17 of 33

Quote:
I wear them at work all day long except for when I get up to go to the bathroom, get something from the printer, or go on breaks. So probably at least 6.5 hours a day just at work. For a while after I got them they'd cause me severe discomfort towards the end of the day. Literally sharp pain in my right ear. The pain gradually lessened, but it never went away. Until I rotated the right ear cup around. Now I can wear them all day with nary a hint of discomfort or pain.:-D

Good to hear that. No pain no gain as they say. So enjoy the music while having some pressure on your head is just a part of life. Also, mind-over-matter approach will solve the uncomfortable issue.
biggrin.gif

PS: Try my HD 280, you will appreciate the M50s. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #18 of 33
Someone in that M50 appreciation thread was also having pain and discomfort and said it went away after trying what I did. So, if you find them uncomfortable, try rotating the pads. You never know.

I also have the 280, and I personally find them to be pretty comfortable. But maybe that's because they're super broke-in.

Quote:
Good to hear that. No pain no gain as they say. So enjoy the music while having some pressure on your head is just a part of life. Also, mind-over-matter approach will solve the uncomfortable issue.
biggrin.gif

PS: Try my HD 280, you will appreciate the M50s. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #19 of 33
My daily coach bus commute is one hour each way, and it's no sweat (no pun intended) for that. I've had them on for 2+ hours though when on the couch at home cruising the head-fi website and I've had no issues with them getting uncomfortable.

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #21 of 33
Since mine is fairly new, I can only wear them for about 30 mins to an hour before I start readjusting due to hot ears and such. I think the M50 is giving me a rash behind my ears even though I wash there frequently and wipe my pads on the M5

Also, how far do you stretch it when you stretch it over night? I'm scared to stretch it too far.

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #22 of 33
I hated the M50's clamp when I first got it. Regular use and placing books between the pads when I wasn't listening to it alleviated that over time. The only issue after that was allowing my ears to breathe after about an hour.

I want to buy them again for times I'm away from my desktop amp/dac, but I'm not sure I'd be able to tolerate the comfort for extended use after being spoiled by the HD650.

Feb 20, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #23 of 33
The actual build is fine for me. If I have to take them off, it's more because of fatigue than anything else. The M50 are a little brighter than I'm generally used to.

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #24 of 33
3-4 hours .... no problem.

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #27 of 33
I got mine two days ago and the longest stretch I've had so far is 2 hours with no issues. Considering I didn't even think my v700djs were uncomfortable, I don't think I'll ever have an issue with the m50s.

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #28 of 33
5+ hours easily. I don't see how people find these uncomfortable. The sweating inst really an issue, the pads do warm up but they don't warm up to the point where your ears burn and you can't listen to them.

Feb 21, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #29 of 33
Optimum conditions... 3-5 hours.

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #30 of 33

Quote:
Optimum conditions... 3-5 hours.

air conditioned, 65-70 degrees Fahrenheit, sitting down, I'd say the same for those conditions, even after that, my ears still feel sweaty afterwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back