M50 owner poll - How long can you wear them?
Feb 18, 2011 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

DefBringer

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to gauge how many of you experience the "sweaty ears" syndrome with these headphones, and if so, how long you wear them before they become just too uncomfortable?

If you don't notice any discomfort or sweaty ears, I'd like to hear from you too! Thank you.

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #3 of 33
frown.gif

I sure hope that most people can wear them longer than that!!

Feb 18, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 33
At first, I could only have them on my head for about an hour or so.

After some extensive use and minor stretching, I got used to them and can wear them for many hours on end (4+ hours). 

Of course the ears get quite hot, but it's not that bad.

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #7 of 33
At first I could only listen 15-30 minutes without making major readjustments, but now I can go for hours without problems most of the time, though some minor readjustments are sometimes needed. I've heard the SRH-840 pads help this problem a lot.

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #8 of 33

Quote:
At first I could only listen 15-30 minutes without making major readjustments, but now I can go for hours without problems most of the time, though some minor readjustments are sometimes needed. I've heard the SRH-840 pads help this problem a lot.

Interesting, I didn't know those pads would fit the M50's. Thank you for the head's up.

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #14 of 33
Probably like 4 hours with the stock pads. Its not that the ears got hot but they got very sore and I would have to rub them a lot.
Try the x11 pad on it. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #15 of 33
I wear them at work all day long except for when I get up to go to the bathroom, get something from the printer, or go on breaks. So probably at least 6.5 hours a day just at work. For a while after I got them they'd cause me severe discomfort towards the end of the day. Literally sharp pain in my right ear. The pain gradually lessened, but it never went away. Until I rotated the right ear cup around. Now I can wear them all day with nary a hint of discomfort or pain.:-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back