M3 - Second Biggest Disappointment Ever
Jul 6, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #166 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
I see that the problem is that you guys either forgot through all the threads I created about the "etc etc etc" or that you guys weren't in the majority for the "etc etc etc."

Screw it. For some reason everybody is turning on me and saying that I got the wrong headphones and the wrong amp and blah blah blah, even though I researched this in great depth and was really cautious before I made the purchase. But then suddenly I get it, I'm disappointed, and everybody blames me for ignoring them and for getting something that was never recommended. All ********I say...

Just close the damn thread. I'm done here, ban me, whatever, I don't give a **** anymore. I'll leave and give you guys the peace that's been missing ever since I started posting and annoying everyone.

This thread might've turned out very differently if you made your original post with the intention of a serious discussion rather than an attack on 'audiophiles'. Once you start that kind of momentum in a discussion, it tends to keep going.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #167 of 249
Quote:

Just close the damn thread. I'm done here, ban me, whatever, I don't give a **** anymore. I'll leave and give you guys the peace that's been missing ever since I started posting and annoying everyone. Everybody celebrate, I'm out of this **** hole.

I support the banning. But before you get banned, you should sell your M3 to me for $200 or something.
tongue.gif

Jul 6, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #168 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by cclragnarok
I support the banning. But before you get banned, you should sell your M3 to me for $200 or something.
tongue.gif

Somebody said something very similar to me on instant messenger last night.
tongue.gif

Jul 6, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #171 of 249
Most of the people here are not trying to insult you. They're very much trying to be helpful, and suggesting to you that the SA5000 may not be for you is based on the impression that, while you seem to like them, there may be something better out there and you seem to have a desire to improve your listening experience. So, people suggest ways of accomplishing this. The headphones you've listened to aren't a particularly good representative sample of what's out there, so I don't understand why you're getting so indignant about someone suggesting you try something else. The SA5000 may be the best of what you've heard, but that doesn't necessarily entail that they're the best in this price range for you.

Anyhow, I can understand wanting to have the money around for other things, so I don't see your wanting to "downgrade" to have available funds as totally lacking sensibility. However, I do disagree with your treatment of the hobby and I think you're being a bit sophomoric about it. Various paths in this hobby hit seriously diminishing returns at different rates, and the one you took is probably one that reached a brick wall more quickly than some of the ones others have taken. Attending meets, macro or mini, can be really helpful in avoiding costly mistakes and maximising price/performance. From this thread, I've gotten the impression that your information-gathering methodology failed you in some manner. It doesn't look like the people who are advising you now are all the same as the people you talked to before. We have different views on what works, and so you're seeing that disagreement. Acting like we're a bunch of hypocrites for advising you different ways seems pretty senseless to me.

Anyhow, good luck with whatever decision you make.

Jul 6, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #172 of 249
Azure...

I recently had a demo of an m3 amp from a different builder at my house. I must say with all of my Grado's,Senn's,and sensa's I found the amp just annoying. The builder did a great job with the making of it but I think the probelm I had was the sound sig of the m3 design. I can relate to what your hearing off yours cause I had a very close impression of the m3 with different cans. Of course I personaly think the Sony 5k's are horrible also..but thats besides the point :)

what I would do is return the amp to sft no questions asked and try some other amp for you and your sony ways.

When I heard the sony's I remember thinking they need a messy and weighted tube amp to get them to their best, since the sonys are 70ohm's maybe try a ec-01 that drives 60-300ohm's?

well either way take my thoughts along with everyone elses with a grain of salt.
best of luck man!

Jul 6, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #173 of 249
Quote:

Screw it. For some reason everybody is turning on me and saying that I got the wrong headphones and the wrong amp and blah blah blah, even though I researched this in great depth and was really cautious before I made the purchase. But then suddenly I get it, I'm disappointed, and everybody blames me for ignoring them and for getting something that was never recommended. All of this is bull I say...

Sorry, but all of that you are writing is bull, I say.

People are trying to help if you didn't notice. On the other hand, something you can't do is blame other people for your own decisions and actions.

Quote:

Just close the damn thread. I'm done here, ban me, whatever, I don't give a **** anymore. I'll leave and give you guys the peace that's been missing ever since I started posting and annoying everyone. Everybody celebrate, I'm out of this **** hole.

I'm sorry you feel that bad, but seriously (and not trying to insult anyone), after all the really good advise from several headfiers that you got in this thread, your ungrateful response just brings to mind the wise and sad saying "Cast not your pearls before swine..."

PS. Thread Tools (click) Unsubscribe from this thread (click)...

Jul 6, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #174 of 249
My CE595 just arrived 20 minutes or so ago. Just felt the need to post impressions:

NO DIFFERENCE

Jul 6, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #175 of 249
Quote:

My CE595 just arrived 20 minutes or so ago. Just felt the need to post impressions:

NO DIFFERENCE

I thought you were done here?
confused.gif

Jul 6, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #176 of 249
Good lord what is the point of this thread? The OP makes a post about his disappointment, and everyone tries to help him, but he just refuses to listen. Instead, he attacks us as being "crazy" and insinuate that we've all lost our minds and blown our money. I'm just wondering if the OP was really looking for advice to make his system better or just using it as a spring-board to bash on "audiophools".

We should just let this thread die, because it ain't going anywhere.

Jul 6, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #177 of 249
Quote:

NO DIFFERENCE

A lot of things from here on out may not be huge differences. Headphones are the biggest change and a lot of other changes require time to sink in. You need to be patient and listen closely... that's just the way it works.

Jul 6, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #178 of 249
Quote:

NO DIFFERENCE

everyone here already knew that.

Jul 6, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #179 of 249
@Mercuttio:

Dude, it's pointless to tell him that. He doesn't believe in listening patiently, because according to him, if you don't get WOWed with each and every single upgrade, that upgrade is a "disappointment". And he doesn't believe in actually just living with the system for a while and learn to appreciate its character. I frankly think that you are just wasting your time in trying to help him, good as your intentions are.

Jul 6, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #180 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanflyz
@Mercuttio:

Dude, it's pointless to tell him that. He doesn't believe in listening patiently, because according to him, if you don't get WOWed with each and every single upgrade, that upgrade is a "disappointment". And he doesn't believe in actually just living with the system for a while and learn to appreciate its character. I frankly think that you are just wasting your time in trying to help him, good as your intentions are.

Yeah, I know you're right. Well, if he doesn't want to approach it that way, he may as well sell off all of his stuff to someone who can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back