M3 - Second Biggest Disappointment Ever
Jul 8, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #241 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_cs
you know youve struck a chord with me here. from others posts, it seems you are perhaps around 20 or perhaps less? and ths post i agree with personally. i am 24, and am only really recently starting to appreciate small improvements. i still think it may be some time before i genuinely can hear and feel the improvements properly. i can definitely say when i was 20 i didnt not care for hi-fi, rather i wanted punchy, big bass production over all else. other are obviously different, but i can see you are perhaps quite similar to me.

maybe now, you genuinely cant appreciate the differences, but in 5 year you will begin to? maybe in 1 year you will
smily_headphones1.gif

i reckon you should do what you tihnk is best, you are after all, the best judge of what entertains YOU.

You nailed it! And now perhaps we all can have understanding rather than critisim of both the gear or Azure and his experience with it !!!

Jul 8, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #244 of 249
Oh man. I didn't check in on this thread yesterday.

My favorite part is when Azure says that meets are not worth the trouble of going to.

If there's a moral here, it's that you should listen to gear before you buy it. Even two years and 1,400 posts WILL NOT lead you to the right gear unless you listen to it first. Meets are good for this. That is, unless you're willing to roll the dice on purchases. Which is what he did. What was he thinking?

Jul 8, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #245 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen
You nailed it! And now perhaps we all can have understanding rather than critisim of both the gear or Azure and his experience with it !!!

There'd be no point for head-fi to be around then
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 8, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #246 of 249
Well I'll say right off the bat that Azure scares me. I hope he is the exception rather than the rule. He did make some valid, if extreme, point in the first couple of page I read before giving up ( I think I had the general idea by then).

Point is, I'm a head-fi, headphone newb, and have just "dove into" my first purchase, the UM1's on sale. I guess if there's a middle ground between the "audiophiles" aural bliss and Azure's Stereo Armageddon I should be a happy camper.

Well at least I can look at the bright side. If this whole headphone experiment turns out to be a huge disappointmen, at least I can say it didn't take me two years and 1,400 posts to figure it out.
eggosmile.gif

Jul 9, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #247 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_cs
you know youve struck a chord with me here. from others posts, it seems you are perhaps around 20 or perhaps less? and ths post i agree with personally. i am 24, and am only really recently starting to appreciate small improvements. i still think it may be some time before i genuinely can hear and feel the improvements properly. i can definitely say when i was 20 i didnt not care for hi-fi, rather i wanted punchy, big bass production over all else. other are obviously different, but i can see you are perhaps quite similar to me.

maybe now, you genuinely cant appreciate the differences, but in 5 year you will begin to? maybe in 1 year you will
smily_headphones1.gif

i reckon you should do what you tihnk is best, you are after all, the best judge of what entertains YOU.

I'm 16, I don't think age has to do with whether you can enjoy a quality stereo system or not.

Jul 9, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #248 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
I'm 16, I don't think age has to do with whether you can enjoy a quality stereo system or not.

i dont think age always has do to with it, but it sometimes can. some people can get straight into it all and genuinely appreciate it, i wanst one of those people. i was just mentioning that perhaps azure is a bit like i was, then again maybe he isnt.

edit: and while age might have nothing to do with it, being able to afford what you can at 16 might have something to do with enjoying quality audio
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #249 of 249
i believe age is not such an important factor as musical maturity, and exposure!

I've been a semi professional musician for a couple of years now, and I have always been able to appreciate really good sounding music, but to be honest, listening to hi-fi music through headphones never crossed my mind until recently I do not know why, but I used to think bose was where its at... sad, but at least i'm enlightened now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back