M11+ - A Mini Review
Dec 22, 2010 at 7:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

darknessproz

100+ Head-Fier
I recently got my hands on the Meelectronics M11+ IEM's, and i decided to do a mini review of these amazing IEM's. Retailing for $64.99, it is Meelectronics top of the line(for the moment, new models will be released soon) model.

Build Quality:

It appears to be quite solid, and able to withstand some levels of rough usage. I only got them for a week, and usually take good care of my headphones, so i am not really able to comment on how well they will last if abused. However, if taken good care of, i feel confident that they will last a few years.

The cable, while not the best, is actually quite good. Microphonics is nearly nonexistent when the shirt clip is used. The only gripe i have with the cable is that it is actually VERY long.

Comfort:

These tiny IEM's are REALLY comfortable to me. Compared with the past IEM's i owned ( Metro.fi 170, Triple.fi 10, UM3X), i would rank the M11+ as the top in terms of comfort.

Noise Isolation:

I was able to achieve decent isolation using the bi-flange tips.

Accessories:
The M11+ comes with ten sets of silicone tips, a cable winder and a carrying case. At its price point, it is a nice set of accessories.

Sound:

Lows:
The bass on the M11+ is VERY VERY good. It has a nice impact, and extends quite well. Quite detailed as well.

Mids:
This is the part where the M11+ doesn't perform very well. While not recessed, the mid range is slightly overpowered by the bass and treble, and felt sort of distant.

Highs:
The highs are great, providing good details. However, it felt slightly harsh at times.

Overall:
The M11+ has a very fun and musical signature. In fact, i liked the M11+ more than my previous IEM, the UM3X. While the UM3X is clearly the more superior IEM, the M11+ is just a lot more FUN! It kinda reminds me of the TF10, without the fit problem. At its MSRP, it is a great contender. At the price i got it for($22 M-WHAT promo), it is unbeatable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back