M-80s Vs Diamond tears? which to choose?
Feb 5, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #17 of 39
Diamond tears definitely not better than m80.
Just another alternative or side step option at most.
I got rid of mine as they not only not better but also much more clamp on my head and I have a small head.
They are not only fingerprint magnets wich detracts and annoy.
They are super dust magnets on the headband portion wich will annoy.
They are larger & more a fashion statement.
Beautiful placebo effects to the fullest.
They are still much better than any "beats" .
They are worth no more than $150 at most in my book.
But now that the m80 are selling for $129.99 in Radio Shack.
Just no contest. M80
Actually its not even a fair comparison ha

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:
Diamond tears definitely not better than m80.
Just another alternative or side step option at most.
I got rid of mine as they not only not better but also much more clamp on my head and I have a small head.
They are not only fingerprint magnets wich detracts and annoy.
They are super dust magnets on the headband portion wich will annoy.
They are larger & more a fashion statement.
Beautiful placebo effects to the fullest.
They are still much better than any "beats" .
They are worth no more than $150 at most in my book.
But now that the m80 are selling for $129.99 in Radio Shack.
Just no contest. M80
Actually its not even a fair comparison ha

Since you have experience with both do you mind telling me your thoughts on both?? if you have a review posted already, i'd be happy if you could link me.

i actually saw the diamond tears on sale on new years in canada for 150 no tax (best buy), and m50s aren't available anywhere i look in Toronto canada. soo i'm stuck with amazon and its 160 before shipping for the white pearl

Personally if i can get better isolation from the diamonds and their on par with the m80s even if a bit behind in sound quality. id take the comfort and isolation over the m80s. i heard a lot of different views on the isolation on the m80s due the the vents and etc. i'm using it to commute to and from school on the bus and subway soo i'll need some isolation. 

then again i would have to wait a while till the next time they drop 150 again soo it'll be a long while.( i didn't get it initially because i got the noontec zoros 3 months back and i felt that even if its half price it still didn't justify buying a another headphone over $100)

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #19 of 39
I herd the white m80 won't stay white very well.
The diamond are very good at isolation.
In the end you should buy the one you like,
Not anyone's suggestions.
If you can't hear them the diamonds & vmoda both good mids & bass, although different.
It is the treble differences stated in there respective threads.
Truthfully the diamonds are ok, its just an unfair comparison as the m80 are higher quality in both sound and construction.
Personally I already purchased the new audio technica ath es700 for only $151 check the thread as the Japanese yen continues to fall all this year..

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #20 of 39
Quote:
I herd the white m80 won't stay white very well.
The diamond are very good at isolation.
In the end you should buy the one you like,
Not anyone's suggestions.
If you can't hear them the diamonds & vmoda both good mids & bass, although different.
It is the treble differences stated in there respective threads.
Truthfully the diamonds are ok, its just an unfair comparison as the m80 are higher quality in both sound and construction.
Personally I already purchased the new audio technica ath es700 for only $151 check the thread as the Japanese yen continues to fall all this year..

thanks for your input, do you have personal experience with both the diamonds and the m80 ??

i would like to test the diamond tears on my own music but the only one i can find is at future shop and it doesn't let me plug into my own iphone it just plays the commerical. 

in regards to the m80s they aren't accessible up here in canada.

Feb 22, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #21 of 39
thanks for your input, do you have personal experience with both the diamonds and the m80 ??

i would like to test the diamond tears on my own music but the only one i can find is at future shop and it doesn't let me plug into my own iphone it just plays the commerical. 

in regards to the m80s they aren't accessible up here in canada.

I'm a Canadian (Alberta) as well, and ordered the M80s directly from the vmoda site. They allow price matches from verified resellers (American sites as well) if you contact their support. Shipping is 20 bucks for the cheapest option and 40 for priority. They partial refund you after you make your order. I'm waiting for them now!

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #22 of 39
I have M-80 and they sound very good for the price.
In terms of isolation, I think many people like to exaggerate the effect of the side vents. 
It may be a fraction worse than a fully closed back cans, but it still isolates very well. 
At a decent listening volume, I can't hear most noises around me. 
Sound leakage is not too bad either. 
The biggest downfall is comfort I think. 
My head and ears are on the small side but I usually need a break after 2-3 hours as my ear starts to hurt. 
I'm happy with the bass and the mids, but the treble is definitely its weak point. 
I increase the treble by around 7dB on my rockboxed ipod and it sounds a lot better.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #23 of 39
I have not heard the Monster Diamond Tears. I have tried a number of portable headphones including the lineup of V-Moda's. I really enjoy the M-100s, slim profile on head, fairly comfortable, ear pads are all little small for larger ears, quality parts, strong construction, very durable, fun sound signature and a great value.

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #24 of 39
Quote:
I have M-80 and they sound very good for the price.
In terms of isolation, I think many people like to exaggerate the effect of the side vents. 
It may be a fraction worse than a fully closed back cans, but it still isolates very well. 
At a decent listening volume, I can't hear most noises around me. 
Sound leakage is not too bad either. 
The biggest downfall is comfort I think. 
My head and ears are on the small side but I usually need a break after 2-3 hours as my ear starts to hurt. 
I'm happy with the bass and the mids, but the treble is definitely its weak point. 
I increase the treble by around 7dB on my rockboxed ipod and it sounds a lot better.

thanks for your reply, i guess some people might exaggerate, but after hearing similar comments about the noontec zoros 
( which i bought a few months ago) i thought it would okay still but after buying them it doesn't isolate well enough for the average commuter (subway, and bus)---> it sounds fantastic at home and while walking around in fairly quiet neighbourhoods 

but i do most of my listening during my commute

im actually fine with its discomfort ( as weird as that sounds) i usually take them off every now and then  (1hour) and let my ears breathe plus they get sore from on ear pressure

plus i prefer a tighter fit to increase isolation ( if anything i can just stretch out the headband to make it looser)

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:
I'm a Canadian (Alberta) as well, and ordered the M80s directly from the vmoda site. They allow price matches from verified resellers (American sites as well) if you contact their support. Shipping is 20 bucks for the cheapest option and 40 for priority. They partial refund you after you make your order. I'm waiting for them now!

oh wow if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay total for them?

it sucks we canadians can't try em, i have a hard time getting my head around dropping over 120 dollars on something i haven't held or listen to before. but from the looks of it and reviews its construction is top notch 

its just the comfort and sound i haven't had first hand experience

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:
Both over priced, they are on the same level with the tears being more fun to listen to. There is much better headphones on that price range. Ath m50, shure440, HM5.

i think so too but in all fairness these are pretty good looking headphones in their own right imo ( i'm 20 dunno if that makes a difference though)

i'm sure a lot of the money went to design but it serves it function very well from the reviews i've been reading about both of them. 

i guess you could say i want a pair of portable ( on ear) stylish or at least not ugly headphones ( i don't want my head to look like a melon) with some of the headphones i could think of like monoprice 8323 ( i own it, its rectangle headband makes my average size noggin look huge), or like the cheap panasonic headphones, or even quincy jones headphones and yea the shure 440 is huge

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #27 of 39
Quote:
I have not heard the Monster Diamond Tears. I have tried a number of portable headphones including the lineup of V-Moda's. I enjoyed the M-80s but to my ears I really think the M-100s are a great value.

thanks for your input, 

i heard the m100s are great, i love the hinges on those. did you find them heavy? cause i know the build quality is superb, but if its that good i would think it weighs a ton ( i use to own a pair of beats pros (fake) but they weight similar to the real thing and their almost an extra lb on my head!!)

i'm feel like i'm waiting for val kolton to put those hinges on the m80s then i think that will make me pull the trigger. and since he already created the hinge i feel its only a matter of time when he decides to mass produce the new line of m80s

i'm thinking in the next year or so 

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #28 of 39
I said it before and I will say it again..
M80=superior in every way..
Better mids and highs over the tears.
Better clarity and musicality.
Smaller, more portable,
more comfortable,
more flexible/adjustable headband.
More lower profile visually doesn't stick out of your head.

Diamond Tears:
Fingerprint magnets all over,
The tiny spray bottle will last 30min trying to clean the fingerprints more than listening.
The headband is a gummy polyurethane looking gel.
It is an super dust magnet and will grab at hair.
The headphones have strong clamping pressure
The plus is they're beauty have strong placebo effect
So users will think they have a quality can.
They have enough sound to get away with it.

And yes I owned both.
Sorry to be so blunt.
Just clarifying my previous post a while back

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #29 of 39
About 150 after conversions and shipping and whatnot. I think American radioshack has (had?) the m80s going for 120 last week, I'm not sure if it's still going. I didn't check their list, but I'm going to assume they're a verified reseller.
I got the deal during their valentine promo, so I feel it's a pretty sweet deal. Never heard them yet and I'm afraid of their comfort, but I decided to jump on it anyway. They do have a 60 day test drive, but I'm not sure what that refunds. I doubt it covers shipping costs though.. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Good luck.
Edit: here's radioshack link, but it's out of stock online. http://m.radioshack.com/radioshack/product/detail.do?itemId=11938792&op=%22http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11938792%22

I'm not sure if they'll still match it. Keep googling for prices haha.

oh wow if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay total for them?

it sucks we canadians can't try em, i have a hard time getting my head around dropping over 120 dollars on something i haven't held or listen to before. but from the looks of it and reviews its construction is top notch 

its just the comfort and sound i haven't had first hand experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back