M-80s Vs Diamond tears? which to choose?
Feb 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #31 of 39
Quote:
I said it before and I will say it again..
M80=superior in every way..
Better mids and highs over the tears.
Better clarity and musicality.
Smaller, more portable,
more comfortable,
more flexible/adjustable headband.
More lower profile visually doesn't stick out of your head.

Diamond Tears:
Fingerprint magnets all over,
The tiny spray bottle will last 30min trying to clean the fingerprints more than listening.
The headband is a gummy polyurethane looking gel.
It is an super dust magnet and will grab at hair.
The headphones have strong clamping pressure
The plus is they're beauty have strong placebo effect
So users will think they have a quality can.
They have enough sound to get away with it.

And yes I owned both.
Sorry to be so blunt.
Just clarifying my previous post a while back

i'm just double checking, i know some people like bashing monster products before even listening to them  soo i figured id ask... monster is like a taboo on these forums before the new lineup

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #32 of 39
i'm just double checking, i know some people like bashing monster products before even listening to them  soo i figured id ask... monster is like a taboo on these forums before the new lineup
actually I have and will always like the Monster DNA and consider this signature to be their best.
Very seductive.
I bash but I always state my mind without hesitation.
A friend told me you should always give your opinion whether positive or negative.
But...
Value your own ears over what anyone tells you.
Also:
Monster *DNA*, and Tears are their best sounding and
Still better than any beats product.

But who knows what the future holds. .

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #33 of 39
Quote:
actually I have and will always like the Monster DNA and consider this signature to be their best.
Very seductive.
I bash but I always state my mind without hesitation.
A friend told me you should always give your opinion whether positive or negative.
But...
Value your own ears over what anyone tells you.
Also:
Monster beats and tears are their best sounding and
Still better than any beats product.

But who knows what the future holds. .

i appreciate your opinion and thanks for clarifying. BTW since your brought it up do think maybe you could give me some insight into dnas? since is even cheaper than the diamond tears and i like the look, i'm sure more colours will be out soon

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #34 of 39
I got to listen to the Diamond Tears for a few minutes yesterday. I own both the V-MODA V-80 and the M-100, but I only had the M-100 on hand to directly compare. Going from memory, I prefer the more spacious V-80 sound and the more pronounced mids.

However, the Diamond Tears, at least on my medium-sized head, isolated much more than the V-80. The ear cups completely covered my entire ear and had an almost suction-cup effect on my head. The room got eerily quiet when I put them on. The V-80s isolate well, but their clamp force has weakened over time. I have no problems using them on the subway, and I don't mind the noise of the track that much. Most conversations are blocked out or heavily muted, although loud obnoxious people or panhandlers/performers can break through and be disruptive. Still, the V-80s, from memory, sound better to me.

Mar 12, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #35 of 39
i appreciate your opinion and thanks for clarifying. BTW since your brought it up do think maybe you could give me some insight into dnas? since is even cheaper than the diamond tears and i like the look, i'm sure more colours will be out soon

The DNA have a magnified focus in the mids.
You will hear easy to follow details on the level of higher end headphones.
Consider them like a poor man's beyer1350.
They also have detail in the bass.
The sound signature is very mid focused yet very engaging.
I believe it is their low impediance that does it.
They are very loud as well.
Very mid-centric with a decent (not heavy) bass that has good sub bass
The sound is louder but not larger than the m80 wich by the way are more balanced and sweeter.
If you must get a monster headphone at all, definitely go for those DNA ..
The sound is just as captivating and you might prefer it to the m80 if you like the treble clean and pencil smooth but not bright or hot.

Remember the m80 are a step up in musicality though.
Remember as well that the diamonds don't shine above these two ..

May 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #38 of 39
I've had experience with both.

If you really like the look of the diamond tears go with them.

However in terms of build and sound quality the m80s are much better.

Keep in mind neither sound bad, but the m80s just sound better at a lower price and also don't look gaudy.

May 30, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #39 of 39
Everything is so subjective and relative. I find the M-80 to be going toward warm, but just toward it. Perhaps it is my music? I use 320 Apple M4a files through my Z10 (love how the DAC sounds in the Z10, very detailed, yet musical and not fatiguing) and with Neutron as the player. Really impressed with the M-80, and I did not expect to be impressed, I actually thought I was going to be let down by them. Not at all, they are portable keepers for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back