M³ Project Announcement
Feb 28, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #526 of 565
I happened to notice nother product called M³ (with the superscript and everything) on TV today. It is the new model manual razor (with battery!) from Gillette.
It is way to late to change name for this amp now anyway, and I believe the name was used long before any of us knew about this product, but it might still be a bit funny as you choose not to call it M3 since there was another product with that name...

Feb 28, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #528 of 565
silvervarg, it's too late to change the name. Bte, the Gillette razor is called M3 here in the US, not M³. I always thought that was a bit funny, because there is a competing product from Schick called "Quattro" (with reference to cars).

z2trillion, you can blow out the dust with compressed air.

Feb 28, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #529 of 565
i think we're all getting a bit dust-crazy
smily_headphones1.gif
point made.

Feb 28, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #531 of 565
btw: this is a bit late in coming, but you guys deserve a big round of applause for all this. very exciting. if your ever in the denver area, glad to offer you a brew
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #532 of 565
kasra, the recommended bias is 80mA per channel, but you can pump it up some more if you want, as long as your power supply has the capacity. Of course the 2" heat sink will allow you to do this more than the 1.5" version, but it all depends on how well ventilated the case is. If the heat sink gets uncomfortable to touch for more than a few seconds, then you know it's too hot!
biggrin.gif

I had experimented with 250mA per channel in an open-air environment (uncased) on 2" heat sinks and 24V supply. It got hot, but was still safe. However that's likely too much within a case even with good venting slots.

uzziah, thanks for the compliments. We're having a lot of fun with this too.

Mar 1, 2005 at 2:58 PM Post #533 of 565
amb:
Thank you for the clarification, the reason is im going with a 80mm (external) chassie. I also found that the heatsink model in question is available in 2.5" height, which might be fun to play around with
eggosmile.gif

Ive also read through your homepage, and it is magnificent and great information source for builders!

Which of the options is prefred for the compensation of N-channel´s less capacitance? (C3 vs. adj. R8+-)

Mar 1, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #534 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by kasra
Which of the options is prefred for the compensation of N-channel´s less capacitance? (C3 vs. adj. R8+-)

No preference... it's up to you.

Mar 2, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #537 of 565
*sigh* just as the iron is cooling from my dynalo and i start to look forward to a break, morsel answers my eternal question
600smile.gif
eggosmile.gif

off to buy i go!

Mar 2, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #538 of 565
hows about that pars-metal groupbuy about now?
smily_headphones1.gif
now that us folks can buy ourselves the goods, we're probably going to want to get to building. wasn't someone going to arrange that?

we should start a seperate thread, get the dimensions we want down quickly, and get er done, eh?

i hope whoever offered to do that could, but if that falls through i can do it.

(i'd much rather have them do it, though
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Mar 2, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #539 of 565
Quote:

i hope whoever offered to do that could, but if that falls through i can do it.

Have at it.
I have to many other things going on right now to take on the group buy anyhow.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back