LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Dec 8, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #1,096 of 1,793
Thats why its such a shame that the faceplate looks like it does....it can turn people away from it instantly... :sob:

Ya tis a pity I had a few friends that I recommended the A7 to, they didn't even consider it due to the looks.

I told them, once the IEM is inside the ears, only the sound matters, you can't see it anymore, and I rather take an ugly IEM with good sound than the other way round. But well it's their loss.

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #1,097 of 1,793
Ya tis a pity I had a few friends that I recommended the A7 to, they didn't even consider it due to the looks.

I told them, once the IEM is inside the ears, only the sound matters, you can't see it anymore, and I rather take an ugly IEM with good sound than the other way round. But well it's their loss.
It's funny though... is the A7 really truly ugly??? I don't think so. It has this oldskool industrial vibe. The looks really grew on me. But oh well, their loss and our win :wink: . To give an idea of how good I think the A7 is. Fidue Artemis and Fidue Sirius MK2. The A7 is like a creation of those two iems. Not in looks. But in sound.

Dec 8, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #1,098 of 1,793
It's funny though... is the A7 really truly ugly??? I don't think so. It has this oldskool industrial vibe. The looks really grew on me. But oh well, their loss and our win :wink: . To give an idea of how good I think the A7 is. Fidue Artemis and Fidue Sirius MK2. The A7 is like a creation of those two iems. Not in looks. But in sound.
Yeah, the looks don’t bother me at all. It is a nice shape, sturdy, well built, has a nice textured black finish, and the text is so small I can’t really see it well (yeah, yeah, yeah, I’m getting old and now need reading glasses :rolling_eyes:). Transients and detail on the A7 are crazy good.

Oh, does anyone have any other recs on how to deal with a channel imbalance, probably from some humidity in the nozzle, no wax or residue.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #1,099 of 1,793
Oh, does anyone have any other recs on how to deal with a channel imbalance, probably from some humidity in the nozzle, no wax or residue.
Hmmm....humidity in the nozzle....Florida....
Looks like Arizona is in your future?

On a serious note, maybe a hairdryer/blower?

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #1,100 of 1,793
Yeah, the looks don’t bother me at all. It is a nice shape, sturdy, well built, has a nice textured black finish, and the text is so small I can’t really see it well (yeah, yeah, yeah, I’m getting old and now need reading glasses :rolling_eyes:). Transients and detail on the A7 are crazy good.

I also have a hard time reading the text and I need to look at it close to read it clearly. (im 20, dont think its just your eyes...i hope :joy: )

This mod seems to fix the moisture problems on the A6: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lz-...nd-review-thread.919056/page-28#post-15738679

Dec 8, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #1,101 of 1,793
Hmmm....humidity in the nozzle....Florida....
Looks like Arizona is in your future?

On a serious note, maybe a hairdryer/blower?
:slight_smile: while the humidity of FL gets to me frequently, I really can’t tolerate the arid climate of many states out West. It really messes with my sinuses, eyes, skin, etc. I’ve just been using the A7 indoors thus far.

I also have a hard time reading the text and I need to look at it close to read it clearly. (im 20, dont think its just your eyes...i hope :joy: )

This mod seems to fix the moisture problems on the A6: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lz-...nd-review-thread.919056/page-28#post-15738679
:smile: Thanks for the link.

Dec 8, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #1,103 of 1,793
Anyone else find that pair as very source sensitive?
I feel like on my fiio m5 dap the sound quality is better by far than the btr3k with ldac codec.. add to this the dolby atmos that also has bad effect combo with this pair..
What do you think?

Dec 8, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #1,104 of 1,793
Nice. I know a few here have said the Blessing 2 doesn't have that natural timbre, how does LZ A7 compare to the Moondrop Blessing 2 in terms of technical performance?
The A7 is beating the B2 on all factors lol.

Soundstage, detail, instrument separation, imaging and even timbre...

And this is with the warmest config as well. :joy:
Just A/Bed both for few a minutes. In my perception the details, instrument separation and imaging would go to B2, while soundstage and timbre to A7 (black&monitor). Both are very good IEMs though, don't want to miss neither. ^_^'

Dec 8, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #1,105 of 1,793
Just A/Bed both for few a minutes. In my perception the details, instrument separation and imaging would go to B2, while soundstage and timbre to A7 (black&monitor). Both are very good IEMs though, don't want to miss neither. ^_^'
If you want something on the bright-neutral side, I would go with the oxygen over the Blessing 2 due to the ba timbre in the B2. The oxygen is also a much more ergonomic with the fit due to the size.

Dec 8, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #1,106 of 1,793
If you want something on the bright-neutral side, I would go with the oxygen over the Blessing 2 due to the ba timbre in the B2. The oxygen is also a much more ergonomic with the fit due to the size.
I do have Oxygen. The fit is not the best for me though. They are quite small but very heavy and end up literally lying on bottom of my ears. The sound is exceptional though. Quite impressive what one singe DD IEM can do.
TheHolly3nity.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #1,107 of 1,793
I do have Oxygen. The fit is not the best for me though. They are quite small but very heavy and end up literally lying on bottom of my ears. The sound is exceptional though. Quite impressive what one singe DD IEM can do.
Well, I guess we all got different ears. To me the B2 are too big and uncomfortable.

But yes, what the Oxygen does with a single DD is very impressive.

Dec 8, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #1,109 of 1,793
Anyone else find that pair as very source sensitive?
I feel like on my fiio m5 dap the sound quality is better by far than the btr3k with ldac codec.. add to this the dolby atmos that also has bad effect combo with this pair..
What do you think?
Why do you bother with dolby atmos? That's a software gimmick that detracts from the nice sound the A7 outputs :p
The only software based audio manipulation worth using is a parametric equalizer IMHO.

Dec 8, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #1,110 of 1,793
Why do you bother with dolby atmos? That's a software gimmick that detracts from the nice sound the A7 outputs :p
The only software based audio manipulation worth using is a parametric equalizer IMHO.
I agree! Though, with all of the available options, I haven’t found EQ necessary at all with the A7.

Right now, the A7 has my vote for IEM Of The Year, 2020, which is a HUGE deal, considering how many other superb IEMs have come out this year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back