LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Dec 5, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #1,081 of 1,793
Somewhat to my surprise after trying various combinations I am currently settled on Blue filter / POP. I generally enjoy detail, frequency balance with a bit of treble sparkle and not too much warm coloration so I expected to favor monitor. However monitor lacked the euphonic quality that makes music more than the sum of the notes, sounding a bit flat, even wooden with some recordings. Blue / Pop adds musicality, stage and separation and I really don't perceive loss of detail or clarity.

More experimentation to follow but I'm glad to have found a combination this evening that brings a smile, I suspect more to follow. A7 is a versatile IEM to be sure!

Dec 6, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #1,082 of 1,793
yesterday I took some measurements with my UMIK-1 and a silicone tube. Curves are not calibrated but good for comparison.
I think results are not releveable under 40hz and above 5-6Khz due to my improvised equiment

A7 vs H40, same insertion deepth, same volume setting, same tips (neutral). A7 was equiped with black nozzle, monitor mode.

I really better understand my first impression ! H40 seems to have too much emphasis on the low. Don't know if it's my model or if all are in the same shape.
And the other way, A7 is my less bassy IEM...

REW psychoacoustic smoothed
A7 vs H40.jpg

But they are very enjoyable ! full detailed stuff !

Listening to certain complicated songs allows you to hear certain details that are embedded in the mass. The reverbs are full and come alive.
Most striking for me is the way the music is applied in front of me.
In front, you have the global envellope, the synths, the backing vocals, and then the instruments are placed on it. This guitar is there, located at a precise point with its own envellope throughout.
This sax is further to the right, the same, it has its own envellope which allows it to stand out from the rest.
It's really amazing!

And there we say to ourselves that we are putting one foot in the big leagues! We understand better what the move upmarket brings... :ksc75smile:

this kind of song takes full advantage of the A7s and sounds rough on my other IEMs:

Dec 6, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #1,083 of 1,793
Somewhat to my surprise after trying various combinations I am currently settled on Blue filter / POP. I generally enjoy detail, frequency balance with a bit of treble sparkle and not too much warm coloration so I expected to favor monitor. However monitor lacked the euphonic quality that makes music more than the sum of the notes, sounding a bit flat, even wooden with some recordings. Blue / Pop adds musicality, stage and separation and I really don't perceive loss of detail or clarity.

More experimentation to follow but I'm glad to have found a combination this evening that brings a smile, I suspect more to follow. A7 is a versatile IEM to be sure!
There is a separate thread where people are talking about their choice of filters and why they made those choices. To my knowledge, nobody has voted for the blue filter yet so you could be the first. Just search on A7 filters. Anyway enjoy the A7!

Dec 7, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #1,084 of 1,793
AliExpress is currently running a year end sale... Just grabbed this LZ at Us260.97 after discounts at NICEHCK official store

Dec 7, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #1,085 of 1,793
AliExpress is currently running a year end sale... Just grabbed this LZ at Us260.97 after discounts at NICEHCK official store

That's a mighty fine price, congrats! Hope u enjoy it!

Dec 7, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #1,086 of 1,793
Got my LZ A7 today and I'm pleasantly surprised:
- best fit & seal of all the IEMs i own right out the box (many silicone tips are included to roll through, which i didn't even need for the first time)
- sound is pretty amazing right out of box (black filter & DIP-Switch on monitor). Don't feel like trying other filters at all.
- The thing that i was most worried when ordering A7 was the weird piezo timbre (all implementation of piezo that I heard so far did sound waaaay off), but i can't say nothing bad about piezo drivers in LZ A7. Highs sound very natural and crisp.
- decent cable that doesn't tangle

If i had to nitpick:
- the "faceplate" and the lettering on it look very ghetto and amateurish.
It's like those where put together in MsPaint in under 5 minutes by someone who had no idea what he was doing ^_^'. Same goes for the LZ logo. IMHO LZ would really benefit from a decent designer to make the most of their products.

- I did struggle a bit with the MMCX connection, since I had to apply a LOT of force for the connectors to snap in.
I wish the ports were 0.78mm 2pin instead (it almost feels like I'm disarming a bomb, every time I swap MMCX cables on my IEMs ^_^')

Lets see how LZ A7 keeps on performing. Hope for no moisture issues like reported with LZ A6, since humidity is off the roof here in GER.

Current favs:
1. LZ A7 (great sound & fit. No cons so far, except maybe for visual aesthetics)
2. Tanchjim Oxygen (great sound and very natural timbre. Very heavy for it's tiny size with a not very secure, "dangly" fit in my ears)
3. Moondrop Blessing 2 (great technicalities, timbre is something "to get used to" on those. A huge IEM with almost 7mm fat nozzles which can cause discomfort during longer listening sessions)

Dec 7, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #1,087 of 1,793
So, unfortunately, the blue nozzles with the Tanchjim filters applied developed a channel imbalance. I checked it by switching nozzle sides, and the imbalance shifted accordingly. Silver nozzles had no imbalance. I first noticed this a couple of days ago, and didn’t use them for a day, but the imbalance is still there. How do I get it to resolve? Do I need to somehow let the nozzle “filling” dry out adequately? I was wearing them with the elliptical ear tips and a very deep insertion, that may have made contributed.

Dec 7, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #1,088 of 1,793
So, unfortunately, the blue nozzles with the Tanchjim filters applied developed a channel imbalance. I checked it by switching nozzle sides, and the imbalance shifted accordingly. Silver nozzles had no imbalance. I first noticed this a couple of days ago, and didn’t use them for a day, but the imbalance is still there. How do I get it to resolve? Do I need to somehow let the nozzle “filling” dry out adequately? I was wearing them with the elliptical ear tips and a very deep insertion, that may have made contributed.

Maybe try attaching the filter on inner side instead of the outside? Not sure how blue filter looks like from the inside though.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #1,089 of 1,793
Got my LZ A7 today and I'm pleasantly surprised:
- best fit & seal of all the IEMs i own right out the box (many silicone tips are included to roll through, which i didn't even need for the first time)
- sound is pretty amazing right out of box (black filter & DIP-Switch on monitor). Don't feel like trying other filters at all.
- The thing that i was most worried when ordering A7 was the weird piezo timbre (all implementation of piezo that I heard so far did sound waaaay off), but i can't say nothing bad about piezo drivers in LZ A7. Highs sound very natural and crisp.
- decent cable that doesn't tangle

If i had to nitpick:
- the "faceplate" and the lettering on it look very ghetto and amateurish.
It's like those where put together in MsPaint in under 5 minutes by someone who had no idea what he was doing ^_^'. Same goes for the LZ logo. IMHO LZ would really benefit from a decent designer to make the most of their products.

- I did struggle a bit with the MMCX connection, since I had to apply a LOT of force for the connectors to snap in.
I wish the ports were 0.78mm 2pin instead (it almost feels like I'm disarming a bomb, every time I swap MMCX cables on my IEMs ^_^')

Lets see how LZ A7 keeps on performing. Hope for no moisture issues like reported with LZ A6, since humidity is off the roof here in GER.

Current favs:
1. LZ A7 (great sound & fit. No cons so far, except maybe for visual aesthetics)
2. Tanchjim Oxygen (great sound and very natural timbre. Very heavy for it's tiny size with a not very secure, "dangly" fit in my ears)
3. Moondrop Blessing 2 (great technicalities, timbre is something "to get used to" on those. A huge IEM with almost 7mm fat nozzles which can cause discomfort during longer listening sessions)

Nice. I know a few here have said the Blessing 2 doesn't have that natural timbre, how does LZ A7 compare to the Moondrop Blessing 2 in terms of technical performance?

Dec 8, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #1,090 of 1,793
Does anyone else feel the A7 has some serious sub bass slam? Testing out on my 9038s gen 3 and wow. They seriously can give out some kick but with my Smsl M500. The low end is insane. I been comparing it to my Ultrasone Edition 11 and the A7 impresses me. No it's not bass head level but damn. The texture is to die for. I am not certain if I'll like the other filters as I feel silver filter for me is perfect. They just keep getting better and better

Dec 8, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #1,091 of 1,793
Does anyone else feel the A7 has some serious sub bass slam? Testing out on my 9038s gen 3 and wow. They seriously can give out some kick but with my Smsl M500. The low end is insane. I been comparing it to my Ultrasone Edition 11 and the A7 impresses me. No it's not bass head level but damn. The texture is to die for. I am not certain if I'll like the other filters as I feel silver filter for me is perfect. They just keep getting better and better
+1 Agree! The bass slam just gets better and better! The texture of the bass is one of my personal best! :beerchug:

Dec 8, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #1,092 of 1,793
Hi, I find the lz a7 to be fatigue after long time of listening..
I use s10e > btr3k > lz a7.
Someone has an advices to solve it? Maybe specific ear tips ?

Edit: I think I solved the problem!
For some reasons the dolby atmos make this pair to become patigue, and the sq really much better with the feature off!
Thats my first pair that the dolby atmos harm instead of improving.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #1,093 of 1,793
Nice. I know a few here have said the Blessing 2 doesn't have that natural timbre, how does LZ A7 compare to the Moondrop Blessing 2 in terms of technical performance?
The A7 is beating the B2 on all factors lol.

Soundstage, detail, instrument separation, imaging and even timbre...

And this is with the warmest config as well. :joy:

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #1,094 of 1,793
The A7 is beating the B2 on all factors lol.

Soundstage, detail, instrument separation, imaging and even timbre...

And this is with the warmest config as well. :joy:
Of course it depends some on one’s preferences, but IMO, the A7 can go head to head with a lot of kilobuck IEMs, and be superior in many aspects.

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #1,095 of 1,793
Of course it depends some on one’s preferences, but IMO, the A7 can go head to head with a lot of kilobuck IEMs, and be superior in many aspects.
Thats why its such a shame that the faceplate looks like it does....it can turn people away from it instantly... :sob:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back