LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Oct 12, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #496 of 1,793
I had it for long time, but with a wrong software. Bought the AudioTools and few more couplers and now I am getting more consistent results.
They look awesome! Thanks for posting.

Now you just need to design your own watermark.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #497 of 1,793
I really should unwatch this thread. It’s making me really want to get the LZ A7, and I can’t right now. I don’t have a piezo IEM yet though.
I had been waiting and waiting for YOUR A7 impressions before I ordered! :wink:
I understand--I'm gonna have to unwatch a bunch of other threads too, and the discovery thread--so scared something 'even better' is coming around the corner every day.

Oct 12, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #498 of 1,793
I had been waiting and waiting for YOUR A7 impressions before I ordered! :wink:
I understand--I'm gonna have to unwatch a bunch of other threads too, and the discovery thread--so scared something 'even better' is coming around the corner every day.
Well, then I’ll eagerly await your impressions now. :smile:

Oct 12, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #499 of 1,793
Ok pop red is pretty amazing. I love how every time I buy an upgrade i get to appreciate music that I couldn't before. I was hoping these would have been less noise cancelling so that I would have a use for my er2xr. I do however get some of what I think to be driver flex and I hope that it doesn't affect the longevity of these iems

I do hope these lasts because I don’t feel anything lacking in it that makes me seek an upgrade. In my experience however, China brand products don’t tend to last in my hands

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #502 of 1,793
Sell some of your b stock IEMs and get these. I did just that.
I think that's going to be my plan. Sell a couple of good IEMs that just aren't quite my taste, to fund an A7.

Oct 13, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #504 of 1,793
Does it ship with the black nozzle on? Is black/pop the settings straight out of the box? The silver nozzle is the brightest treble tuning and gold the bassiest?
How tip-dependent is a7? Sounds less so than other iems.
Looking forward to hearing it!
- mine shipped with black pop
- none of the nozzles influence bass, just 1.5k to 5k
- in my opinion, the LZ A7 is very tip tolerant. Every thing sounds good.

Screenshot_20201012-214158_AliExpress.jpg

Oct 13, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #505 of 1,793
The interaction of the filters with perceived bass and treble response is more complex than the above chart might indicate. Impacting the midrange frequencies can have interesting results.

Red is less subdued than you might think for example. Gold has a good blend of black and red and for people that are sensitive to sibilance it might be a great choice. I personally like an extended high end with a bit of bass elevation; black (whether in monitor or pop) gets me there.

But it may not work that way for you and that is why there are 5 x 2 options. I was a big fan of a unit with 36 options but in that case I ended up narrowing things down to 2 filters. And with the A7 I am down to one filter I am digging (at least for now) and two switch settings. The tunability is a very cool feature.

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #507 of 1,793
sad day. my car was broken into and my backpack taken. :frowning2:

r.i.p. LZ A7. I hope the thief at least appreciates good IEMs. I had a big backpack, unfortunately... all this in it.

rip laptop and iems.jpg

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #509 of 1,793
What would be a good wanna-be LZ A7, as cheap as possible? I got to get a new laptop, so can't spend as much as I'd like on replacing all the buds and iems that were stolen. argh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back