LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Sep 21, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #226 of 1,793
Hi guys, new user here!

I've been looking around for a new pair of iems and I eventually came across RikudouGoku's reviews and tier list. I've been looking at three different pairs -- Thieaudio Legacy 5, LZ A6, and the LZ A7. Since aliexpress has a minor sale where I can use select coupons, I'm looking to buy in the next 4 days. I listen to a lot of indie rock and electronic music, preferring rich bass. Any suggestions?
Personally I would wait to see how the A7 reviews come out. I have the Legacy 3 and its pretty good for the price so I would not count out the Legacy 5. However, LZ makes a fine product and as noted it will be configurable to your tastes at some level. Keep in mind that even with tuning, IEMs do have a general sound profile that remains fairly consistent. I used to have the FLC8S which are very tunable but there is a core sound that stays with the tunings. I ended up going with the 8D which is actually less tunable. My point is the A7 will remain an A7 even with some tuning options.

Sep 21, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #228 of 1,793
I also forgot to say I think the A7 looks kind of ugly. :sweat_smile:

Well, LZ iems can look pretty particular if you look at their previous models.

At least it beats a certain tramp stamp tattoo that you'll see on another more expensive set. (Not gonna mention it here 😅)

Sep 21, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #229 of 1,793
The A6 has moisture issues, so it is automatically disqualified unfortunately.

Still working on my A7 review (gonna take a while) and I dont have the L5 so cant comment on that. But since the A7 does have 10 different sound configs, it is more likely to suit you.
If A7’s filter is used on the A6 it shouldnt have moisture issues right? I wonder if LZ would sell the filters on its own anytime soon.

Sep 21, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #230 of 1,793
If A7’s filter is used on the A6 it shouldnt have moisture issues right? I wonder if LZ would sell the filters on its own anytime soon.
True, that should prevent the moisture issues on the A6. But the filters on the A7 are tuned for the A7, so not sure how they would sound like on the A6.

Sep 21, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #231 of 1,793
I also forgot to say I think the A7 looks kind of ugly. :sweat_smile:
lol
I'll take ugly as long as it fits decently well and sounds good!

Sep 21, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #232 of 1,793
anyone graph the A7 yet?

Sep 22, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #238 of 1,793
If it’s not too much to ask then could you try it out whenever you have the time?
Maybe, my ears are busy with the A7 and I also have a lot of earbuds I havent even tried lol.

Sep 22, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #239 of 1,793
If I were to give the A7 a nickname, it would be "The ugly chameleon with a godly voice". :joy:

But I really want them to change the faceplate texts. I would remove the "1" and "ON" text because they are redundant when you already got the "Monitor"/"Pop" text. Increase the font sizes of the "Pop"/"Monitor" text so it is easier to read. (They dont look that small on the pictures, but they are pretty small IRL.)
And remove the white border near the "LZ Hifi Audio" text, it makes it look like those pavement chalks that kids use. The font style for the "LZ Hifi Audio" isnt to my liking either but fine if it is left as it is, although I prefer the font used on the LZ A6 more.

Inked20200918_165500_LI.jpg

Sep 22, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #240 of 1,793
If I were to give the A7 a nickname, it would be "The ugly chameleon with a godly voice". :joy:

But I really want them to change the faceplate texts. I would remove the "1" and "ON" text because they are redundant when you already got the "Monitor"/"Pop" text. Increase the font sizes of the "Pop"/"Monitor" text so it is easier to read. (They dont look that small on the pictures, but they are pretty small IRL.)
And remove the white border near the "LZ Hifi Audio" text, it makes it look like those pavement chalks that kids use. The font style for the "LZ Hifi Audio" isnt to my liking either but fine if it is left as it is, although I prefer the font used on the LZ A6 more.

Inked20200918_165500_LI.jpg

Nice to see you here man! When I get reviewers like you or @peter123 on the same thread, I know I'm in for a truly exciting ride! Keep the impressions coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back