LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Nov 17, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #886 of 1,793
Anyone realized you could attempt a deeper insertion into your ears with stacking of rubber washers on the filters or buying thicker version of it like watch gaskets.

I will try that when I'm free😄

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #888 of 1,793
These keep impressing me more and more. The soundstage though, it's very wide for an iem. It does nit compete with my open backs but what makes the A7 so damn special is that black background and depth. These have such an open feeling to them and air which makes them feel and sound open. The instrument placement and accuracy is TOP Tier. I have settled on the silver filters. I feel that the cable I am using tames the highs just slightly while giving more extension in the treble and keeping that amazing detail. It also helps add some sub bass while keeping it extremely clean and precise. With the stock cable I feel silver filter can sometimes but just a touch on the brighter side but still very goood.
What cable pray tell?

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #889 of 1,793
I received the A7 bundle from Linsoul, very fast delivery, less than a week, considering that I live in Chile, it surprised me. The bundle comes with the Tripowin Nucool 3.5 mm cable. The sound of the A7 first impression is very good, I am impressed.

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #890 of 1,793
Are there any iems that compete with lz a7 at this price bracket?

The blessing 2? That's it?

Tri I3, although is much cheaper?

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #891 of 1,793

Not that I have heard.

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #892 of 1,793

I3 is very different sounding from the A7 but technically a tier to a tier and a half behind I feel. Blessing 2 screams at you, A7 doesn't but can if you want it to, the versatility of the A7 is really a strong suit and overall quality wise I feel it doesn't lose out at all to the b2

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #893 of 1,793
I3 is very different sounding from the A7 but technically a tier to a tier and a half behind I feel. Blessing 2 screams at you, A7 doesn't but can if you want it to, the versatility of the A7 is really a strong suit and overall quality wise I feel it doesn't lose out at all to the b2
yeah, take the strongest factor of the B2, the technicalities. The A7 is still on another level. (and I am using the config with the most treble reduction....so suffice to say the rest of the configs are beating the crap out of the B2 on the technicalities).

And the A7 sounds much more natural than the B2.

Nov 18, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #894 of 1,793
[QUOTE = "MikonJuice, post: 15983764, membro: 192400"]
Ci sono iem che competono con lz a7 a questa fascia di prezzo?

La benedizione 2? Questo è tutto?

Tri I3, anche se è molto più economico?
[/CITAZIONE]
NM2+ ?

Or maybe Tanchjim Oxygen ? :confused:

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #895 of 1,793
[QUOTE = "MikonJuice, post: 15983764, membro: 192400"]
Ci sono iem che competono con lz a7 a questa fascia di prezzo?

La benedizione 2? Questo è tutto?

Tri I3, anche se è molto più economico?
[/CITAZIONE]
NM2+ ?

Or maybe Tanchjim Oxygen ? :confused:
Not any better, just different. A7 is one of the most versatile IEMs, where almost everyone should thoroughly enjoy it.

Nov 18, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #898 of 1,793
yeah, take the strongest factor of the B2, the technicalities. The A7 is still on another level. (and I am using the config with the most treble reduction....so suffice to say the rest of the configs are beating the crap out of the B2 on the technicalities).

And the A7 sounds much more natural than the B2.
I really need to un-watch this thread. :)

The first thing I'm going to do when I land a new job is re-purchase the LZ A7. the A7 was easily the most satisfying audio purchase of 2020 for me.

Nov 18, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #899 of 1,793

I'm curious because I ordered TRI I3 and it has to arrive. Is there anything where TRI I3 wins over LZ A7 or loses across the board in comparison?
Yup there are, staging wise the I3 just sounds massive, the A7 layers better and images more precisely but in terms of raw size the I3 is better. I3 also conveys sense of scale better, so it sounds properly big. In terms of tone the I3 has those lovely planar mids that are really lush and immersive, whereas the A7 is more like a musical sounding monitor. If I owned both at the same time there would definitely be days where I'd reach for the I3 over the A7. So really it's not like the I3 is a lost cause, I loved mine and I still think it's excellent in its price bracket, it's just that the A7 is more versatile and also more refined around the edges, like in terms of detailing, fine texturing, bass control and overall micro and macro dynamics the A7 just performs that bit better than the I3, which is to be expected given the cost difference

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #900 of 1,793
I bought and returned the i3. As long as you have enough power in your DAP its a pretty cool unit for what it is. The low end of the register if quite "meaty" with the i3. After a while having that much bass got to be too much of a good thing for me but it was fun to try these. I think the i3 fell in to the category of fun for an appetizer but not dinner or dessert. The A7 is more like a full course meal cooked your way (e.g. the filters).

I decided to clear out all my IEMs except for two once I settled in with the A7. The pair is kind of miss is actually the ThieAudio Legacy L3. They had a nice clear sound and struck me as a lesser version of the A7. The BLON 03 were not bad; but the fit was a tad rough even with proper tip selection. In case you care; I stuck with the FLC8D (also using the gunmetal filter). Probably should mention I use the Airpod Pros a great deal due to convenience and easy to admire sound profile. Not audiophile perhaps but ultra easy to use and comfortable.

One thing about the A7 is that they can sound good even with inferior sources. But when you have a good source they can be amazing.
Some monitors don't sound all that great if fed stuff that was not recorded all that well; the A7 can smooth that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back