LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 13, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #4,622 of 5,225
It's good enough that I've stopped looking for a daily driver.... you'd have to double the price to find something that would blow you away better I think. And that's amazing.

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #4,623 of 5,225
Anyone on here know when the A5 is likely to be released?

Nov 13, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #4,625 of 5,225
Very curious as to what LZ has planned for the A5. More than a little skeptical that it will be able to truly take the A4 out of the conversation.

Nov 14, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #4,628 of 5,225
I'm hoping Mr. LZ can continue making custom tunable iems... he seems pretty crafty with his designs!

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #4,629 of 5,225
Guys I just received the LZ-A4 upgrade cable from Penon. I have to tell you these things are incredible! The cable is white, and got that braided/woven style to it. It's super soft and light. The quality of it gives me ZERO fear of these ever fraying or cracking. On the MMCX side the male connector is larger/longer than what I had with the VE or even the original cable, and fits very snugly into the A4. Both sides plug in and have a nice click sound so you know for sure it's in.

I'm not going to get into a debate about differences in cable but I do find this Silver cable to be slightly brighter in sound than the VE copper cable. YMMV.

I'm definitely a rookie when it comes to different cables but man oh man this thing is absolutely gorgeous.

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #4,630 of 5,225
Guys I just received the LZ-A4 upgrade cable from Penon. I have to tell you these things are incredible! The cable is white, and got that braided/woven style to it. It's super soft and light. The quality of it gives me ZERO fear of these ever fraying or cracking. On the MMCX side the male connector is larger/longer than what I had with the VE or even the original cable, and fits very snugly into the A4. Both sides plug in and have a nice click sound so you know for sure it's in.

I'm not going to get into a debate about differences in cable but I do find this Silver cable to be slightly brighter in sound than the VE copper cable. YMMV.

I'm definitely a rookie when it comes to different cables but man oh man this thing is absolutely gorgeous.

Great to hear this!
I have the exact same setup coming from Penon (scheduled to arrive on the 24th)..
I can't wait to get it now! :)

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #4,632 of 5,225
you chose express shipping?
No, it was just a standard "e-packet from China"...
What's even more shocking; they were ordered from their AliExpress store during the 11.11 sale..
I wouldn't normally believe it, but the USPS was who notified me that I could expect it by the 24th..

Here is a tracking quote from USPS:
"November 17, 2017 at 3:49 am Arrived at USPS Facility CARSON, CA 90746"

I keep hearing all these complaints about AliExpress and 11.11 shipping yet I'm about to get these in a week or less (I am in AZ so I bet I'll see these before the 24th)...
Very excited! :)

Nov 18, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #4,633 of 5,225
No, it was just a standard "e-packet from China"...
What's even more shocking; they were ordered from their AliExpress store during the 11.11 sale..
I wouldn't normally believe it, but the USPS was who notified me that I could expect it by the 24th..

Here is a tracking quote from USPS:
"November 17, 2017 at 3:49 am Arrived at USPS Facility CARSON, CA 90746"

I keep hearing all these complaints about AliExpress and 11.11 shipping yet I'm about to get these in a week or less (I am in AZ so I bet I'll see these before the 24th)...
Very excited! :)

Penon is a very good store... They're the exception to the rule regarding Ali and 11.11 shipping woes. Also, your in AZ? Me too!

Nov 18, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #4,634 of 5,225
Ugh, I'm so disappointed. I ordered the A4 on eBay and I received a notification that it would be delivered in 2 days. That's been over 2 weeks ago and no A4 have arrived. I was so excited to finally be able to hear them, and now I'm fighting for a refund so I can order them from another seller. I ordered a LZ upgrade cable from Penon the same day I ordered the A4 and I received the cable yesterday already, which makes this ordeal all the more frustrating. Anyways, just needed to vent, lol.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #4,635 of 5,225
I am one lucky person it would seem as Santa is delivering a pair of LZ-A4 to me early this year...! Just a few weeks to go! :)

In anticipation of them, is the general feeling to upgrade the stock cable? Would anyone be so kind to link a few examples and maybe explain the benefits found in Stock vs Refined? My apologies as this have been discussed in this sizable thread! Also, are there any thoughts on which tips work best? I know each to their own, but a general direction or general pull/trend towards some would be helpful as I would then buy a test pack with S M L. After I have chosen the size and which type gives me the seal but comfort as well I will have most tip brands going but all in the sizes I do not need or use. When I have chosen the ones for the LZ-A4 with hopefully some guidance I can do the idea below.....

I am willing to send out the rest of the tips, all the top brands all still packaged or if not, they will be hand wrapped up keeping them clean. No tips that have been tried will be sent, that's a promise. Also, the last thing I ask is someone who is new to the World IEMs requests them. They add up to some cost, so am hoping that since I paid, someone new can go for free. Does that make sense? Happy to post them myself anywhere in the UK - If, in Europe, I may ask for a small contribution to postage.

Hope OK peeps and look forward to your thoughts on tips & the stock cable!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back