LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 13, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #4,051 of 5,225

May I ask which source you've used for the review? Given the nature of sacs and amps, we'd all get different results. No doubt the LZ-A4 is a V-shaped offering, but in my experience I haven't experience with recession the mids (which I totally love).

I've totally been surprised how I ended up getting a different favorite configuration when I went from the Xuelin 770 or Shanling M3, and have now favored the pink/black combo when going balanced with the Opus#1. In fact, I miss the versatility that came from the less expensive sources when throwing different combinations. I am also smitten over my iem dedicated amp that power them nicely.

I figure I'd ask your source so that others may use it as a reference. Thanks and congrats on this offering!
-Pony.

Hopefully I can throw in a comparison next week since I'm expecting a final audio design package coming my way :)

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #4,052 of 5,225
May I ask which source you've used for the review? Given the nature of sacs and amps, we'd all get different results. No doubt the LZ-A4 is a V-shaped offering, but in my experience I haven't experience with recession the mids (which I totally love).

I haven't mentioned any explicit recession in the midrange and I certainly love the A4s mids as well :wink: when you're listening to the Westone UM3X or the Audeze SINE, you'll know what I mean by liking my mids more forward :)

My source is the LG G5 with B&O module (DAC : ES9028C2M Amplifier : Sabre9602C). Sources, in my opinion, don't make THAT much of a difference, as soon as there is a halfway decent DAC and amp section (which unfortunately isn't the case even in expensive DAPs nowadays)

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #4,053 of 5,225
Anybody here had tried the front vent block modding on A4,  i am using this mod from the last 3 months and it's seems i can't go back to the open vented A4, 
Just try it ,  it is very easy to make and much easier to remove , 

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #4,054 of 5,225
  Anybody here had tried the front vent block modding on A4,  i am using this mod from the last 3 months and it's seems i can't go back to the open vented A4, 
Just try it ,  it is very easy to make and much easier to remove , 

Can you describe how this changes the sound more to your liking?

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #4,055 of 5,225
  What source were you using for your review?  I find that these change quite a bit from source to source.  Using my Opus #1, the bass is tamed quite a bit, but still present.  I also had to switch from the blue front filters to black as the treble on my LG V10 was a bit more laid back.  The blue front filter was pretty overwhelming on the Opus.

That's right, the A4 are so source dependent its unreal.
But that usually shows a great SQ is possible (usually like this with Summit-Fi stuff)  if you keep dialing for that window of 'WOW' synergy with different gear.

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #4,056 of 5,225
What source were you using for your review?  I find that these change quite a bit from source to source.  Using my Opus #1, the bass is tamed quite a bit, but still present.  I also had to switch from the blue front filters to black as the treble on my LG V10 was a bit more laid back.  The blue front filter was pretty overwhelming on the Opus.

Since going balanced and the latest #1 FW update I find the Blue nozzles with Black Back perfect for me.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #4,057 of 5,225

Can you describe how this changes the sound more to your liking?

Yea sure ,  currently i am on Black+Black combination with this mod ,  the sound is more smooth without missing any details in the music ,  bass is more tight and textured ,  soundstage feels more dimensional specially the height is improved noticeably the vocals are full and very beautiful/enjoyable , , , , 

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #4,059 of 5,225
Hey All :)

In need of IEMs and keep coming back to the LZ-A4 thread...

I have a passion for all types of Electronic Dance Music...Deadmau5, Daft Punk are two very quick examples but also House, Trance, Breaks, D&B, Trap, Liquid D&B, Deep House, Electro House, Melodic Dubstep, Indie Dance, Melodic House and the Euphoric Liquid uplifting varieties in particular with some lush female vocals, on certain tracks anyhow.  I can go on and on but hopefully, you can see the pattern. Liquid & Uplifting music is nectar to my ears.

Will the AZ-A4's satisfy my need? I am not even going into all the other genres of music I love, just want to know how the bass and low end stacks up. 

A budget of £300 - But am more than happy to spend less...! I know these are near half the amount, but I am more interested in performance or bang for buck so to speak. 

Advice, help and guidance are really appreciated.`

Cheers

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #4,060 of 5,225

[COLOR=002060]I have a passion for all types of Electronic Dance Music...Deadmau5, Daft Punk are two very quick examples but also House, Trance, Breaks, D&B, Trap, Liquid D&B, Deep House, Electro House, Melodic Dubstep, Indie Dance, Melodic House and the Euphoric Liquid uplifting varieties in particular with some lush female vocals, on certain tracks anyhow.  I can go on and on but hopefully, you can see the pattern. Liquid & Uplifting music is nectar to my ears.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=002060]Will the AZ-A4's satisfy my need? I am not even going into all the other genres of music I love, just want to know how the bass and low end stacks up. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=002060]A budget of £300 - But am more than happy to spend less...! I know these are near half the amount, but I am more interested in performance or bang for buck so to speak. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=002060]Advice, help and guidance are really appreciated.`[/COLOR]

[COLOR=002060]Cheers[/COLOR]

I've heard better bass elsewhere. what I mean by that is more control and texture (e.g. flc8s, dn2000, etc), but there's good quantity to be found here in the LZ-A4.Give yourself a good source, then it does get a good bump up! The mids here are full of expression for the price tag, and I cannot say that enough. Head fi is a tricky place but I can confidently say that this is definitely a safe investment. doesn't cost much relatively and there's enough interest in this one that someone else might wanna buy used. there! it's not hard when you've got a value gem here.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #4,061 of 5,225

[COLOR=002060]I have a passion for all types of Electronic Dance Music...Deadmau5, Daft Punk are two very quick examples but also House, Trance, Breaks, D&B, Trap, Liquid D&B, Deep House, Electro House, Melodic Dubstep, Indie Dance, Melodic House and the Euphoric Liquid uplifting varieties in particular with some lush female vocals, on certain tracks anyhow.  I can go on and on but hopefully, you can see the pattern. Liquid & Uplifting music is nectar to my ears.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=002060]Will the AZ-A4's satisfy my need? I am not even going into all the other genres of music I love, just want to know how the bass and low end stacks up. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=002060]A budget of £300 - But am more than happy to spend less...! I know these are near half the amount, but I am more interested in performance or bang for buck so to speak. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=002060]Advice, help and guidance are really appreciated.`[/COLOR]

[COLOR=002060]Cheers[/COLOR]

I love listening to Markus Schulz on the A-4.

These are great iem's for their cost.

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #4,062 of 5,225
I just wanted to give my 2 cents about cable upgrade on LZ A4's.

I got this cable:
http://s.aliexpress.com/IzmQFj6B

Mids are more clear, treble is better extended and BOY THE LEVEL OF DETAIL WITH THESE. It actually improved a lot. Soundstage is tad wider and imaging is even more accurate. Bass quantity is around the same, definitely didn't recess, that's for sure. But it IS tighter. A lot tighter actually.

Overall a very nice imrovement over the stock cable, I was pleasantly surprised.
P.S. cable was a bit bright in the first 50-60 hours. I'm 100 hours in now and it's smooth and super detailed.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #4,063 of 5,225
Does anyone know if those colored eartips included are sony hybrids? I notice they match colors of the sony hybrid tips, and am wondering if they are the same...

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #4,065 of 5,225
  Does anyone know if those colored eartips included are sony hybrids? I notice they match colors of the sony hybrid tips, and am wondering if they are the same...

My A4's didn't come with any Sony tips ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back