LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 24, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #2,881 of 5,225
Just a cheap ali cable i got for around $20, personally I find no sound difference between this cable and a 8 core silver cable I borrowed from a friend but that's just my opinion.
Search up "high quality custom made silver and copper nicehck" on aliexpress and you'll find it. I think they're having a sale on it right now but i'm not too sure, best of luck.

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #2,883 of 5,225
  Hey, long time lurker here and finally decided to make an account at headfi. I would like to thank you all for bringing the LZ A4 to my attention, an excellent IEM at its price point.

http://imgur.com/a/K7xsi

Sorry that i'm unable to post the picture up directly, I don't have the post count required to obtain permission to upload pictures.

Welcome to the club!

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #2,886 of 5,225
you went the extra mile. hopefully your ears are grateful...

Must say, it's been one of the funnest iem's i've ever purchased. Played around with the tuning, started from Black/b and Blue/f to Black/b and Black/b. Now i've settled at Grey/f and Black/b, willing to take to take the hit to the soundstage for those sweet sweet mids. Best $195 i've ever spent.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #2,888 of 5,225
  I saw there are many new suggested combos, any chance we can collect all of these suggestions? I made a list before, but it is outdated and not informative enough. 

Yes good idea, and add it to post #1 or #2.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #2,889 of 5,225
I saw there are many new suggested combos, any chance we can collect all of these suggestions? I made a list before, but it is outdated and not informative enough. 

I reckon reviewer Hisoundfi -- liking Red and Red.

There's at least 3-4 people liking all combinations of Grey nozzles with all 3 bass combinations. I haven't tried it with open/no bass filter yet.

for future reference, you can also compile a list of everyone's rig too; maybe that can help as well.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #2,890 of 5,225
Let's see if this works or not. 

Rules:
1. Copy the list and add 1 or 2 of your favourite combos in the list below with this format: front nozzle colour/genre(s)/cable/source/user
2. You can change your own suggestion(s) if you change your mind later.
3. The list is sorted in alphabetical order according to the front nozzle colour.
4. Add your suggestion(s) to the most updated list.
5. Don't copy these rules or quote this post unless you want to remind others with the rules.

Black back filter, with nozzle filter
Red/pop/stock/X3+E12DIY/duyu

Blue back filter, with nozzle filter

Red back filter, with nozzle filter

Others (like no filter, mod, etc. Please specify)

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #2,892 of 5,225
I have become interested in hearing an LZ-A4 since they seem really good for the price 
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #2,893 of 5,225
Well I tried the Black/b and Blue/f combo for several hours over the last couple of days.  I do feel the sound has an addictive quality about it and the soundstage seems more open, airy and 3D or holographic BUT the higher frequencies seem hollow.  I am not sure how to describe it.  
I cant recall who else felt the higher frequencies are bit off with the Blue filter but I can agree...although there is still an addictive quality with Black/Blue combo.
I went back to Black/Black(or stealth mode as per Jackpot77 
beyersmile.png
).  The sound is less airy but it seems smoother and more cohesive ...just more correct to my ears.   this looks to be where I will stay again(just keep coming back to this combo)

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #2,895 of 5,225
Well I tried the Black/b and Blue/f combo for several hours over the last couple of days.  I do feel the sound has an addictive quality about it and the soundstage seems more open, airy and 3D or holographic BUT the higher frequencies seem hollow.  I am not sure how to describe it.  
I cant recall who else felt the higher frequencies are bit off with the Blue filter but I can agree...although there is still an addictive quality with Black/Blue combo.
I went back to Black/Black(or stealth mode as per Jackpot77 :beyersmile: ).  The sound is less airy but it seems smoother and more cohesive ...just more correct to my ears.   this looks to be where I will stay again(just keep coming back to this combo)

That was me. Something weird about the blue treble. Hallow? Maybe, something time that. Tizzy maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back