LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 8, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #2,476 of 5,225

I think LZ made a strategic mistake by not approaching Brooko with a demo pair.  His review of the FLC8S had amazing charts showing the effects of various filter configurations.

If you are into graphs Brooko really set a new standard with that review.  Hats off to both Nic and Brooko for their reviews of the FLC8S.

Now we just need to get LZ to send a pair of the LZ-A4 to those two.  I broke down and ordered the A4 because of the great reviews here and my love for the A2.

I'd be happy to loan @Brooko one of my two pairs of A4 if he wants to review them. 

-Collin-

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #2,477 of 5,225
I'd be happy to loan @Brooko
 one of my two pairs of A4 if he wants to review them. 

-Collin-

or try Nik too nmatheis, another true passionate audiophile. I can only suggest, because good things happen when we ask. (5 star members of this community! I honestly wouldn't have an idea on what's out there if it weren't for you both! my wallet curses you both, though my ears are forever grateful...so that's two against one.)

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #2,478 of 5,225
Feb 9, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #2,480 of 5,225
Did you get it with the LZ-A4? Still waiting for my pair of A4, it has been airborne for 14 days.

I purchased it separately from NiceHCK store for $20,  it is an excellent cable from every aspect ( looks and performance ) ,  this is my 2nd pair because i am satisfied with this cable so much , , , , 

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #2,481 of 5,225
  I'd straight out pick the IM02 - it has excellent mid and bright treble without annoying peaks. I had tried it on collections of Depapepe and Acoustic Alchemy and I can confirm the IM02 is superior for the genre. Also on Sony NWA-35.

In my memory, as my A4 is on its way for replacement, the A4 is more recessed but at the same time it is airy and more open sounding because of highly vented but at the price of poor noise-isolation, unless played at high volume. The IM02 excels much better in noise isolation on the other hand.

However with the IM02 you might need some tip-rolling and change the cable, as I hate that stiff, heavy cable. I use Sony Hybrid's and Lunashops's supplest cable I've own. Might add more price on it. Also comfort-wise I'd hand the award to the IM02 as it is significantly smaller than the A4 and make it an easier earphone for wear ( Sorry, LZ-A4!!)

Also with a grain of salt, the IM02 can be aggressive and more "in your face" than the A4, but the forward mid of IM02 gives excellent clarity. 

Thank you so much for your inputs. I have opted for the ATH-IM02 hopefully it will pair well with my AK120.

Cheers.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #2,482 of 5,225
I purchased it separately from NiceHCK store for $20,  it is an excellent cable from every aspect ( looks and performance ) ,  this is my 2nd pair because i am satisfied with this cable so much , , , , 

Does the cable make a noticeable difference to the sound signature to the A4? I am currently using it with Red back / Blue front combi, and it does help to bring out the sparkle in the treble and highs quite nicer, even more so on my DX90. So will the cable bring out the highs even more?

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #2,483 of 5,225
Haven't listened to these in almost two weeks. Haven't listened to much gear honestly. Just put these on and wow they somehow sound better than I remember. Guess a good break is needed once in a while. Current setup is:

Black Black with Large Auvio tips via my Opus #1

Feb 9, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #2,485 of 5,225
I will be listening to the a4's with my lg g4, will getting a 100$ portable dac/amp (cant waste more than this on dac/amp) a significant improvement that is worth it?
Maybe aomething like xduoo or fioo or whatever 100$ budget amp.

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #2,486 of 5,225

Does the cable make a noticeable difference to the sound signature to the A4? I am currently using it with Red back / Blue front combi, and it does help to bring out the sparkle in the treble and highs quite nicer, even more so on my DX90. So will the cable bring out the highs even more?

Yess,  this cable works exactly as you want ,  it makes the sound more clean and transparent brings out more details so the highs definitely gets more sparkle but keep in mind that this cable tamed the bass a bit but bass becomes more tight and accurate,  

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #2,487 of 5,225

I think Gearbest wanted to slow down orders due to a Chinese holiday.  Looks like my order is delayed at least a week per their post.

Mine are also still on "processing", first time with Gearbest, so don't know if that's normal.
Maybe they are out of stock, due to the big sales while on discount.
Haven't contacted them yet, wait a couple a days more.
Chinese newyear is allready over, so should be working normally overthere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back