LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 29, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #2,236 of 5,225
Today I made a experiment with my KZ Acoustics eartips ,  i take a fome eartips and put them in the Acoustics eartips like this, 

Heyyy friends it's really works for me ,  i able to get a really excellent solid seal,  i owned the A4 about one and half months now but honestly today I actually feel the excellent bass capabilities of these bad boys ,  that hard hitting punch and thunderous sub bass even with the black back plate ,  the soundstage is also improved noticeably specially the height of headspace now it's feels more 3D and holographic , , ,  

Jan 29, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #2,237 of 5,225
Today I made a experiment with my KZ Acoustics eartips ,  i take a fome eartips and put them in the Acoustics eartips like this, 

Heyyy friends it's really works for me ,  i able to get a really excellent solid seal,  i owned the A4 about one and half months now but honestly today I actually feel the excellent bass capabilities of these bad boys ,  that hard hitting punch and thunderous sub bass even with the black back plate ,  the soundstage is also improved noticeably specially the height of headspace now it's feels more 3D and holographic , , ,  

Looks good. Glad it works nicely for you.
When I tried this with Spiral dots I was not happy with how sound changed and the fit had less of seal. Funny how it works great for you and not my ears.
But makes want to try again because maybe I did something wrong.
Maybe works better with the KZ acoustic tips

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #2,239 of 5,225
  I just ordered this cable (albeit for my Sony Z5s) and will try it out on my A4 to see if there is any noticeable improvement. I suspect not. I love the A4 cable, though I admittedly have not directly compared its sound characteristics to anything else. 

http://penonaudio.com/DUNU-GZ-OCC2701-MMCX-Connector-Detachable-Earphone-Cable

-Collin-

That's a beautiful cable.

I like how it's from Dunu instead of some random seller, so you know you at least have a trusted brand behind it.

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #2,240 of 5,225
Does anyone have any charts of these guys outputs?

Frequency? I did some a while ago, although AudioTools (the program I used) does wierd things sub 250hz. I will redo the graphs, eventually.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/812329/lz-a4-impressions-and-discussion-thread/1830#post_13184736

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #2,242 of 5,225
Personally I saw nothing sexist about my delivery comments whatsoever. They are pretty much factual and based on my own and many friends personal experiences with our significant others.

TWIN

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #2,243 of 5,225
Hey guys, could we leave this off topic for pm? Sure for a couple of people, there's a bone to pick OT. If it's ok with everyone involved I'd like to keep things on track.

I think it's tough enough for all of us in a relationship :wink:

SeeSax - having kids brings it up next level.make sure you two go on dates often. :wink: it's probably the best advice someone gave me. I don't imply anything about anyone's relationship here but hey it's always a life saver.

Edit: My LZ-A4 are super awesome!

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #2,245 of 5,225
Hey guys, could we leave this off topic for pm? Sure for a couple of people, there's a bone to pick OT. If it's ok with everyone involved I'd like to keep things on track.

I think it's tough for all of us in a relationship
wink.gif

@SeeSax - having kids brings it up next level.make sure you two go on dates often.
wink.gif
it's probably the best advice someone gave me.

Are you making the case for leaving sexist, or otherwise inappropriate posts stay up on the forums, while insisting the people who have an issue with inappropriate posts resort to private messages? 

There is an undeniable trend of sexism in audiophile - it's not egregious, it's not super blatant, but it's there, and the culture needs to change.  When the discourse on Head-fi is presumed that users are all male, it creates a subtle but unwelcoming environment to women.   Trying to sweep it under the rug as you are suggesting is not the solution.  The reason sexism and other intolerant attitudes (even if they are just jokes) need to be called out publicly, is because that is the only way people will change their behavior.   In this particular situation, I would say it's pretty minor and innocuous, so I'm not going to belabour it anymore.   Personally I wasn't offended, but if on Head-fi we are expected to be sensitive about what we say so as not to insult anyone's favourite headphone, I don't think it's too much to ask to be sensitive to half the human population.  

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #2,246 of 5,225
[@]jazzkamer[/@] - you can leave me out of it. Here's something I would have done: use moderator flag. I'm simply here to discuss the A4.

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #2,247 of 5,225
Are you making the case for leaving sexist, or otherwise inappropriate posts stay up on the forums, while insisting the people who have an issue with inappropriate posts resort to private messages? 

There is an undeniable trend of sexism in audiophile - it's not egregious, it's not super blatant, but it's there, and the culture needs to change.  When the discourse on Head-fi is presumed that users are all male, it creates a subtle but unwelcoming environment to women.   Trying to sweep it under the rug as you are suggesting is not the solution.  The reason sexism and other intolerant attitudes (even if they are just jokes) need to be called out publicly, is because that is the only way people will change their behavior.   In this particular situation, I would say it's pretty minor and innocuous, so I'm not going to belabour it anymore.   Personally I wasn't offended, but if on Head-fi we are expected to be sensitive about what we say so as not to insult anyone's favourite headphone, I don't think it's too much to ask to be sensitive to half the human population.  

I need to jump back in here. I made a mistake and made several comments I regret. This lead to others from different members but I think I started it.

I regret the comments. I am sorry to any of our female members. It was not appropriate.

Please accept my apologies to all the thread participants. I proud of this thread in so many ways. I feel terrible it's getting off topic because of those comments.

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #2,248 of 5,225

Received the A4 today, so here's a late A4 + guitar pic haha

OOTB impressions are positive! I have to go back to work now, so I can't give them a proper listen yet...

EDIT: reduced the image size for mobile users

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #2,249 of 5,225

Received the A4 today, so here's a late A4 + guitar pic haha

OOTB impressions are positive! I have to go back to work now, so I can't give them a proper listen yet...

That's one sexy looking A4 you got there! :wink: noooice

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #2,250 of 5,225
Fwiw I purchased the penon audio BT cable with MMCX connector and should be receiving it tomorrow or Tuesday. I will post my thoughts on how it works with the A4
The cable was $20. I use an iPhone 7 so Aptx is not important. The specs did not mention that codec. It did mention AAC and SBC
I know lurker650 has one that he gave to his girlfriend while he had not used it much, he thoughts seemed general positive.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be a nice option to have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back