LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 16, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #694 of 5,225
peter123 - just got a quick hour in with them, with the black back and red front filter. I can see why you like them - is that your preferred setup (I know our sonic preferences overlap a bit).

Too early to make any useful statements yet, but there is a nice feel to the sound. Is there any recommended burn in / brain burn in time for these? Finding the highs just a little gritty right out of the box, but that is coming straight from the Campfire Vega and Dorado, so have been spoiling myself with their particular sound signature for a while! :wink:

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #695 of 5,225
peter123 - just got a quick hour in with them, with the black back and red front filter. I can see why you like them - is that your preferred setup (I know our sonic preferences overlap a bit).

Too early to make any useful statements yet, but there is a nice feel to the sound. Is there any recommended burn in / brain burn in time for these? Finding the highs just a little gritty right out of the box, but that is coming straight from the Campfire Vega and Dorado, so have been spoiling myself with their particular sound signature for a while! :wink:

Yeah, black back and red front are my choice for now when using them at home.

I'm surprised that you find the highs gritty but as you say it might just be in comparison to something you're used to and as always YMMV :wink:

I typically just use my IEM's and let them play through the night a couple of times when they're new since I'm not a big believer in burn in. What I noticed with the A4 though is that they (to me) don't have a sound that WOW'ed me upon first listening but that I've grown to love and appreciate over time.

I'd be very interested in comparison to the IT03 once you've gotten some time with the A4's.....

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #700 of 5,225
Any recommendations for a compatible cable with an android compatible in-line mic & control  to use with these?
I realize the issues that may come from using a cable like this but as I'm currently using my v20 as my daily driver & the cables currently in my possession don't have this feature I was hoping to get some help.

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #702 of 5,225
Please compare the Pinnacle P1, LZ A74 and Ibasso IT03.Anyone?

A4 vs P1 = No contest, A4 is superior.

A4 vs IT03 = Closer, but the IT03 doesn't really do anything significantly better than the A4. Least not enough to justify the loss in versatility from the filters & I do believe it warrants being said the fit of the IT03 can be amazing or the most uncomfortable thing on the god damn planet... I seem to fall into the latter camp, YMMV.

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #705 of 5,225
  A4 vs P1 = No contest, A4 is superior.

A4 vs IT03 = Closer, but the IT03 doesn't really do anything significantly better than the A4. Least not enough to justify the loss in versatility from the filters & I do believe it warrants being said the fit of the IT03 can be amazing or the most uncomfortable thing on the god damn planet... I seem to fall into the latter camp, YMMV.

Hmmm, thanks for that. I have the IT03 and I definitely fall into the latter camp as well, though I have managed to find a very very shallow fit using large spin fit tips (and modded with foam) that actually seems to be halfway comfortable to me and seems to seal decently well.

From what you said, it sounds like the sound on the IT03 is a bit superior, though you are obviously locked into that sound signature. I love the sound on the IT03, but hate the fit (though as I said, its manageable at least). The A4 sounds like a great value, and I would like to hear a more in depth comparison with the IT03 before making any decisions, especially since I have PM6 and Noble X already on order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back