LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 13, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #586 of 5,225
Yep, this was my 73'rd review in here and the first one that I couldn't find a significant enough weakness to list it in the "Cons" section.
Yeah, I'm thinking of picking up another pair as well to have one balanced and one single ended without having to switch cables all the time.

I am loving these so much I ordered a second pair, these are definitely my kind of iems.  Like you, I'll probably have one pair with a balanced cable permanently attached to my pono player, it makes for a stunning combination.

Dec 13, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #588 of 5,225
Just like peter123, i now settled with the Black - Back and Red - Front. ^.^

I think that this might be my go to combination for a long time, if not forever. They still sound crystalclear despite the treble being smooth and non-fatiquing, while the bass is adequate and a touch too much with the Red - Back and the mids are just perfect to my ears now combining a lushness with some warmness while remaining clear and not getting overshadowed.
etysmile.gif

Dec 13, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #589 of 5,225
Just wondering how do these compare to the Pinnacle P1? Which has the better detail retrieval? And which just has the better lows, mids & highs. I'm trying to decide between the two and am currently stuck. And how is the build quality on the A4?

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #591 of 5,225
My replacement PM4 earpiece arrived today so at least they're working properly now. Should be able to give a comparison to the A4's when I get some time with them but I can already say that they do not perform anywhere near the A4's.

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #592 of 5,225
My replacement PM4 earpiece arrived today so at least they're working properly now. Should be able to give a comparison to the A4's when I get some time with them but I can already say that they do not perform anywhere near the A4's.

I actually meant to add a comparison with the PM4 in my review but I completely forgot because I actually have forgotten about the PM4. They're just so MEH. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #593 of 5,225
I actually meant to add a comparison with the PM4 in my review but I completely forgot because I actually have forgotten about the PM4. They're just so MEH. :D

Seems as if we hear them similarly :wink:

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #595 of 5,225

Oh boi, the LZ A4 is on a rampage. It really is that good though...

Man, these with the Black back and Red nozzels have such a magical midrange :xf_eek:

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #596 of 5,225
Just wondering how do these compare to the Pinnacle P1? Which has the better detail retrieval? And which just has the better lows, mids & highs. I'm trying to decide between the two and am currently stuck. And how is the build quality on the A4?

I owned the P1 for a long time before selling it and the A4 trounces it in every sound department - soundstage, detail retrieval, natural midrange etc. A4 has better lows mids and highs than the P1 imho. 

Out of the two hands down I would pick the A4 every single time, and twice on sundays.

You know, if someone had blind folded me and told me to listen to the A4 for the first time without telling me what it was and had asked me to guess the price based only on SQ - I would EASILY say $600-700 CAD. 

I am gonna call it now, the first chinese iem to be truly TOTL at a stupidly low price. Best iem of the year for me.

@Peter123 Is it just me, am I nuts or what? :p 

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #597 of 5,225

I am loving these so much I ordered a second pair, these are definitely my kind of iems.  Like you, I'll probably have one pair with a balanced cable permanently attached to my pono player, it makes for a stunning combination.

I bought a second pair too. Never done that before on any IEM. In fact I bought an A2 Pro as well, for good measure. lol

-Collin-

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #598 of 5,225

I owned the P1 for a long time before selling it and the A4 trounces it in every sound department - soundstage, detail retrieval, natural midrange etc. A4 has better lows mids and highs than the P1 imho. 

Out of the two hands down I would pick the A4 every single time, and twice on sundays.

You know, if someone had blind folded me and told me to listen to the A4 for the first time without telling me what it was and had asked me to guess the price based only on SQ - I would EASILY say $600-700 CAD. 

I am gonna call it now, the first chinese iem to be truly TOTL at a stupidly low price. Best iem of the year for me.

I was going to chime in as well that I would take the A4 over the P1 nine times out of ten. Only thing I think the P1 has the A4 beat on for me is comfort. Well, they're both comfortable, but I prefer the shape of the P1. The A4 are very comfortable, but you won't forget you have them in your ear. It's understandable as they have three drivers and an elaborate tuning system and the P1 has only one DD. 

-Collin-

Dec 13, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #599 of 5,225

I strongly believe in it. Mr LZ worked hard on the development. Remind me of an image that I was impressed. The iems that served as comparison / inspiration on his desk, all TOTL $300~$2000. 
eek.gif

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #600 of 5,225

I was going to chime in as well that I would take the A4 over the P1 nine times out of ten. Only thing I think the P1 has the A4 beat on for me is comfort. Well, they're both comfortable, but I prefer the shape of the P1. The A4 are very comfortable, but you won't forget you have them in your ear. It's understandable as they have three drivers and an elaborate tuning system and the P1 has only one DD. 

-Collin-

The number of drivers is not an issue, some of the best iems in the world are single dynamic drivers :wink:  Its all in the implementation as you know. Plenty of hybrids sound like utter garbage, which makes what the A4 has accomplished all the more astonishing.

People need to stop buying multiple cheap budget iems and save up for the A4 and call it a day - legit end game. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back