LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 5, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #301 of 790
:cool: Hey Guys, some preliminary Pics before I do the full review of the [COLOR=0000FF]EE[/COLOR] UEs Customs. I posted these here as I believe, (according to the Descriptions of the LZA3), that THESE are going to be the most direct comparison sound wise. I really like these. Smooth, darker, relaxed with very good resolution and Bass to satisfy a Basshead without being bloated.

It should be interesting Dual DD drivers, (7? and 10mm) with Separate crossovers on each driver V.S.  a  DD + 2 BA.

Pretty, Like a Christmas Ornament:

I get my LZA3 today. Happy dance, Happy dance.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Let us know if these can stand toe to toe with the LZ A3!

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #302 of 790
What is this better-than-sex gadget?! Looks really fancy.

Yes, sounds fancy too. It's a Wooaudio WA8 Eclipse. DAC and transportable tube amp (not portable, transportable) - runs on batteries as well as wall power.

Love the glow of tubes in the evening.

Cheers.

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #303 of 790

cool.gif
These are quite good but truthfully from JUST FIRST IMPRESSIONS the SQ on the LZA3 is a little better. Also Based on my initial impressions I think the LZA3 is going fall Right in Between the STELLAR (but Bright) Shockwave III and the Darker but VERY listenable TK12. They split the Difference in EQ and SQ. Just first impressions, mind you. I could change my opinions after the LZA3 are fully burnt in.

The UEs will be in Fourth Place followed by the LZ-Z03A. Considering their Price, the UEs ARE the Best Value/ Performance. So Far.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #304 of 790

cool.gif
These are quite good but truthfully from JUST FIRST IMPRESSIONS the SQ on the LZA3 is a little better. Also Based on my initial impressions I think the LZA3 is going fall Right in Between the STELLAR (but Bright) Shockwave III and the Darker but VERY listenable TK12. They split the Difference in EQ and SQ. Just first impressions, mind you. I could change my opinions after the LZA3 are fully burnt in.

The UEs will be in Fourth Place followed by the LZ-Z03A. Considering their Price, the UEs ARE the Best Value/ Performance. So Far.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Yeah, I liked your impressions on SW3 (and all IEMs so far....you're the devil of user impressions !!) but bright is a deal breaker for me, as is v-shaped.

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #305 of 790
Yeah, I liked your impressions on SW3 (and all IEMs so far....you're the devil of user impressions !!) but bright is a deal breaker for me, as is v-shaped.
yes, the Keggers could be called slightly bright and slightly v-shaped... They sound more and more like my mid-fi stereo with sub set to lowest.
IMHO they are the best iem's that have been discovered here! I have not heard them all but the Keggers destroy most anything I've ever heard!

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #306 of 790

cool.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

So, Twin, are you saying that the LZA3 is brighter than the TK12? That would bum me out, as the TK12 is bright.

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #307 of 790
:cool: Cheese, I don't hear the brightness on the TK12 In fact the highs are somewhat rolled off and the frequency response graph is damn near linear.

Keep in mind my initial LZA3 impressions are OOTB with no burn in. I will do a full review sometime by the weekend.

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #308 of 790
So mine finally arrived today and I just listened to them for a couple of hrs but oh boy the eargasm!!

I feel they need to burn in so I won't even try to talk about SQ but I must say the cable looks pretty darn good to me, probably it's the 2nd revision already but they snip in place pretty tight and I don't feel any looseness nor weakness at all. Also the tips, I don't know you but I feel super confortable with the stock ones.

Apr 6, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #309 of 790
  Got my LZ-03's today and have been messing with tips and cables all afternoon (paired with a xduoo x3+Fiio e12).  Purchased a replacement cable when I ordered them and I liked the look and feel of it better so I went with that right away and some comply tips which have been my GOTO tips for everything I have ever owned.  I have been listening to the DQSM constantly since I got them so the lz-03 seemed a little dark in comparison with the foamies.  Switched to the stock yellow silicones which seemed to brighten them up quite a bit, tried the stock black silicones and liked the sound best.  To bad because I like the sound isolation better with the complys, I will try again after my ears adjust to these.   After a few hours of earbliss I switched to the stock cable for fun (the newer version) and lost 50% of the volume and music.  Switched back to my other cable and all good.....that cant be right, went back to the stock cable and it sounded fine.  Don't know what I did maybe the connection was not solid but for sure it sounded very bad first time I connected it.  At any rate I like the replacement cable better so that's what will live on it.

After 6hrs of continuous listening I have the following conclusions:

1) WOW these are the IEM's I am looking for
2) comfort concerns eliminated
3) Wont be giving the DQSM's, xiomi hybrids or Sure 215's any ear time in the foreseeable future.
4) Sound directly from x3 or in combination with E12 is about the same to my ears.

OK I figured out what I did, the cable is fine.... I just plugged it into line out instead of the headphone out the first time :)

Tried the foamies again today and ended up switching back to the black silicones pretty quick :frowning2:

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #310 of 790
So mine finally arrived today and I just listened to them for a couple of hrs but oh boy the eargasm!!

I feel they need to burn in so I won't even try to talk about SQ but I must say the cable looks pretty darn good to me, probably it's the 2nd revision already but they snip in place pretty tight and I don't feel any looseness nor weakness at all. Also the tips, I don't know you but I feel super confortable with the stock ones.

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #311 of 790

cool.gif
DC after some extended listening, unfortunately NO they cannot. They are very good. Great SQ and Non-Fatiguing, but the LZA3 are simply a Next-Level earphone. But there is also a 3X price differential. If you consider Price / Performance then the perceived Value becomes much closer.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #312 of 790
One thing about the LZ-A3 though, they sure got a unique form factor. My GF did comment that she wouldn't want to be seen with me wearing them but then again, she gets easily embarrassed. I really don't care but yeah, I wouldn't consider these very stylish. It's got more of a "i don't care how strange these look as long as they sound good" vibe going. Not for everyone.

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #313 of 790
:cool: DC after some extended listening, unfortunately NO they cannot. They are very good. Great SQ and Non-Fatiguing, but the LZA3 are simply a Next-Level earphone. But there is also a 3X price differential. If you consider Price / Performance then the perceived Value becomes much closer.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

:frowning2: I was expecting too much. I'll just wait and see what other good budget iems that has over the ear form factor with removable cable and rivals or is on par with my dunu titan 5...thank you for your impressions anyway! Always good to see people like you trying out good stuff and giving us feedbacks!

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #314 of 790
frown.gif
I was expecting too much. I'll just wait and see what other good budget iems that has over the ear form factor with removable cable and rivals or is on par with my dunu titan 5...thank you for your impressions anyway! Always good to see people like you trying out good stuff and giving us feedbacks!

There is an iem that is coming out very soon that is poised to take on the big boys and its made of real rosewood and the cable is a litz cable. I have a beta/review unit on the way, and from others are saying it might be a game changer. Considering that it will be priced at only $50.

Check it out here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/803785/shozy-zero-50-iems-with-real-rosewood-taking-on-the-500-big-boys

http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #315 of 790
There is an iem that is coming out very soon that is poised to take on the big boys and its made of real rosewood and the cable is a litz cable. I have a beta/review unit on the way, and from others are saying it might be a game changer. Considering that it will be priced at only $50.

Check it out here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/803785/shozy-zero-50-iems-with-real-rosewood-taking-on-the-500-big-boys

http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/

Ohhh, now this looks interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back