LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 23, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #107 of 790
It's kinder strange that I feel them very neutral. But many said the sound is warm. I guess the sound signature of LZ-A3 is highly depended on the source.

I listened to them for over 20 hours so far. The very balanced sound is very comfortable continuous listening.

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #108 of 790
It's kinder strange that I feel them very neutral. But many said the sound is warm. I guess the sound signature of LZ-A3 is highly depended on the source.

I listened to them for over 20 hours so far. The very balanced sound is very comfortable continuous listening.

with stock tips, out of almost everything I have, they sound anything but neutral to my ears. Like opposite of neutral. In fact I was quite disappointed on first listen :p

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #112 of 790
Just got them as well. They definitely have a slight bass tilt. But more in an organic smooth kinda way.
Call me impressed.

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #113 of 790
Along with first impressions, if anyone could offer quick comparisons to things like the tk12 and the dqsm it would be helpful. Thanks.

OOTB, the A3s are on the same tier SQ-wise. However the signature is more a downsloping frequency response. In comparision the DQSM is way brighter to the point where I couldn't stand them. The TK12 is not that far off the A3- It has a bit more authority in the bass and is a bit splashier, however not by much. Other than that, fairly similar.

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #114 of 790
I allso find the A3's tilted towards bass, though I don't agree with the "smooth/organic" sentiment I, unfortunately, find them a bit harsh from the upper mids and above. I like them, but I'm not overly impressed. I'm coming up on the 50h mark and will continue listening throughout easter. Happy listening!

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #115 of 790
I allso find the A3's tilted towards bass, though I don't agree with the "smooth/organic" sentiment I, unfortunately, find them a bit harsh from the upper mids and above. I like them, but I'm not overly impressed. I'm coming up on the 50h mark and will continue listening throughout easter. Happy listening!

What tips and source are you using?`I haven't tried anything other than the included foamies.

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #117 of 790
I am seeing a lot of very different opinions on the signature on the A3. We saw the same for the A2, which some perceived as rather bass light and some as bass heavy. It turned out there were fabrication problems making the sound inconsistent from earphone to earphone, which probably was the reason why they discontinued the A2. 
I am wondering if there are some differences between the A3's as well...?

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #118 of 790

Yeah, it really comes down to source. I just had a proper listen to most of my benchmark tracks and I definitely have to retract my statement. It sounds a bit like my V-Shaped MusicMaker TK11, albeit more refined. I usually don't believe in burn-in, but this time I will make an exception.

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #119 of 790
  Yeah, it really comes down to source. I just had a proper listen to most of my benchmark tracks and I definitely have to retract my statement. It sounds a bit like my V-Shaped MusicMaker TK11, albeit more refined. I usually don't believe in burn-in, but this time I will make an exception.

I just looked through your review of the TK11, and I had the impression that the A3 was more mid-centered - warmer sounding, and less bass. Is the tuning really similar to TK11?

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #120 of 790
What tips and source are you using?`I haven't tried anything other than the included foamies.

Yeah I do believe these are rather source dependent, straight out of lg g3 they imo sound terrible. Now I'm burning them in and listening though my desktop (a Theta dac and a cavalli Liquid Carbon). I'm using comply's which probably adds bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back