LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 22, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #77 of 790
receive lz a3, had a 30 minutes of listening. first impression is that it is worth the price. the sound is unique. The deep bass is quite weak (the heart stopping booming effect). The clarity is there. Most impress by the extremely wide sound stage. It has a gentle and smooth sound signature, good for female vocal. The cons will be weak bass, colouring and wire kinda of fragile. The pros will be the sound stage, and vocal and clarity. 
i feel it win the fake ie800 in soundstage too. 

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #79 of 790
  receive lz a3, had a 30 minutes of listening. first impression is that it is worth the price. the sound is unique. The deep bass is quite weak (the heart stopping booming effect). The clarity is there. Most impress by the extremely wide sound stage. It has a gentle and smooth sound signature, good for female vocal. The cons will be weak bass, colouring and wire kinda of fragile. The pros will be the sound stage, and vocal and clarity. 

When you say "weak bass" what do you compare them too? 

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #80 of 790
  When you say "weak bass" what do you compare them too? 

i compare them to piston, the bass im referring to is those speaker woofer bass, the deep feeling. Xiaomi does have that, however it just 1 or 2 level deeper, obvious but not having an extreme presence of that deep bass.
of course that is burn in have not started compared to my xiaomi of 1 years 

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #81 of 790
Personally I would burn them in for a MINIMUM of 20 Hours before I arrived at any kind of coclusion (Other than an initial impression) about their bass.

It could fill in real quick.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #82 of 790
Well after about 20h of burn in the bass has really filed out! Still though there is something about the upper mids/lower treble I feel sounds off. What's going on with your order Twin?

Mar 22, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #83 of 790
I posted in the LZ-A2 thread, not knowing there's an LZ-A3 thread already haha.

I got mine about 4 days ago, still doing burn in for the past few days. I went back to the earlier pages on the thread and noticed there was something about LZ issuing new cable replacements for the early batches. I ordered mine through Shenzhen HCkexin on March 7th, but didn't receive until the 17th. So far my only problem with the cable is one side doesn't lock "click" while the other side does. The cable still stays in place, but not clicked side one is much more easier to pop out than the other. It looks like the problem for the connector is there's still excess rubber on the MMCX head that prevents it from locking properly, but also looks slightly misaligned.

I looked at the first post and I mostly can't tell a difference photos wise between the old and new one, least on the outside. I did contact my seller to check on the replacement cable offer though.

EDIT: I double checked the photo and noticed the extra rubber stress relief at the end of the MMCX. I looked at mine and mine is lacking that, so I definitely have the old cable.

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #84 of 790
There is something to be said for presentation, packaging and how you secure the package before shipping. Received LZ A3 and Z02A review units from the AE Store Shenzhen HCkexin Electronics Co LTD. They packed the boxes to survive a nuclear war, which is not a bad thing, clearly they took care to make sure it doesn't get messed up along the way.

Also, looks like they include bonus stuff like cases and extra tips and accessories if you order from them. 

With that said, pics are worth a thousand words or something like that :wink:

Will be a battle royale with The LZ A2, LZ A3 and MusicMAKER Shockwave III in the house. Cant wait to pit them against each other. If anyone has specific questions will try to answer them.

Also, i have a balanced cable so I will be running the A3 balanced later as well, out of my LH Geek Out V2 :)

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #85 of 790

Could you tell us your setup?

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #87 of 790
Guys btw i painted my A3 to black, in the process i block the air vent. Any kind souls can help me point out where are the original air vent so i can make a hole back at the original location?
picture of my painted A3

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #88 of 790
They are about 2mm from the bottom of the chamfered edge. They are also on the "bottom side" with the L, R, and Logo facing up right. The concave surface (curving inward) should be facing the bottom and that's where the holes are, the convex surface (curving outward) should be facing up towards the ceiling if you laid them down on the sides

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #89 of 790
hello what do you mean by "They are about 2mm from the bottom of the chamfered edge. They are also on the "bottom side" with the L, R, and Logo facing up right." cant spot them cause they are cover in paint, haha. Do you mind posting a picture instead? I have only spotted the one appear in your picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back