LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 1, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #241 of 790
I really can't get over how enveloping the A3 soundstage is. Like at times it feels like am wearing full size headphones :/

The entire soundstage feels so dense and filled in with sound. The sound definitely feels like its coming from outside my head. Crazy stuff! Was watching the new star wars movie today and holy smokes the A3 is so good for watching movies! Will try it with gaming later and see how it fares in that application. 

I am not one to really love warmer sounding headphones but the A3 definitely caught me off guard. And in a good way. I am glad I gave it a chance despite being disappointed with out of box listening. 
L3000.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #242 of 790
any after-market cable recommendations for them anyone ?

Apr 2, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #243 of 790

Linum BAX cable. Nothing is more comfortable.
http://www.linum.dk/home

Apr 2, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #244 of 790

http://fiio.net/en/products/10

Those FiiO cables are really good quality, esp considering their price. I am not really a big advocate of cables making a huge change in sound. In the case of the A3 I think it might be an issue of the stock cable having too high an impedance maybe. Would 't be the first time a company has messed up like that *cough*Philips*cough*

Apr 2, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #245 of 790
This combination is effing blowing my mind, impressing me more than my Sony XBA Z5 ever did :O

LZ A3 + FiiO X7 =  

Seriously, the A3 scales so darn well with gear! If you want the best out of the A3, you need to feed it a really damn good source. It has been giving me continuous eargasms since I started using this particular combo. 

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #246 of 790
Apr 2, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #247 of 790
These are just going to sound bad out of an iphone 6 right  ? That is what my friend has....

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #248 of 790
  These are just going to sound bad out of an iphone 6 right  ? That is what my friend has....

Nope. Just tried it from my iPhone6 - they sound pretty darn great there too. 

Cheers!

Apr 2, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #249 of 790
RedJohn, you have X7, envy you! I'm still using the old X3. I remember X7 can be replaced with a Muses02 amp module. This must be awesome.

Guys, I recommend one CD which is called "Nature's Concerto". By listening to this,you know how amazing A3's soundstage is.

Apr 2, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #250 of 790
cool.gif
Well..... Mine are on the way from Chicago (FINALLY!!!), should be here Tues. or Weds. HUZZAH!  I've been using my XDuoo X3 almost continuously since I Rockboxed it. Yes It was a little problematic getting it figured out but OH SO WORTH IT. It has Dramatically increased the sound quality even though I still run it Flat-EQ'd. Coupled to my Fiio E12 it's just awesome.

I highly recommend this firmware change, if you don't know about it or are considering it.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #252 of 790
http://fiio.net/en/products/10

Those FiiO cables are really good quality, esp considering their price. I am not really a big advocate of cables making a huge change in sound. In the case of the A3 I think it might be an issue of the stock cable having too high an impedance maybe. Would 't be the first time a company has messed up like that *cough*Philips*cough*
I agree those Fiio cables are good value and quality and sound great only problem is their "Teflon" coating causes quite a bit of microphonics and memory. It's not a supple cable in the least. They're fine until you take them out of the house. When mobile I have to use a cable clip to clip it to my shirt and I feel like a dork. Otherwise that swooshing cable noise drives me crazy! I tried dipping the cable in Coke a Cola a bunch of times to eat away the "Teflon" coating but it didn't work. Google revealed there are certain hardcore chemicals that can strip away Teflon but that's where I gave up on the cable.

Apr 3, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #254 of 790
RedJohn, you have X7, envy you! I'm still using the old X3. I remember X7 can be replaced with a Muses02 amp module. This must be awesome.

Guys, I recommend one CD which is called "Nature's Concerto". By listening to this,you know how amazing A3's soundstage is.

There's a track on Kahil Gilbran Songs of the Poet by
Laurice Peters called Nature's Concerto that displays a fairly incredible SS. Could that be the same you're talking about? It's a world music genre with a female vocalist.
VB

Apr 3, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #255 of 790
There's a track on Kahil Gilbran Songs of the Poet by
Laurice Peters called Nature's Concerto that displays a fairly incredible SS. Could that be the same you're talking about? It's a world music genre with a female vocalist.
VB

This one.
http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Concertos-VARIOUS-ARTISTS/dp/B000BBOTW8

Highly recommended. Excellent recording

Users who are viewing this thread

Back