Lyra Phono Cartridges
Nov 2, 2015 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

We received news last week that the Lyra phono cartridges were going up in price - a LOT!  We have some in stock and can sell them at the old prices but once they are gone we will have no choice but to increase the prices as they are going up a lot to us. Lyra builds about 400 cartridges a year and approx. 300 are bought and sold in the USA. Demand for these great cartridges has them back ordered from the US importer 3-6 months! It has been that way now for over a year.  These are our favorite cartridges and the ones we recommend for a MC cartridge. We have used the Lyra Titan (now replaced with the Etna) in our high end vinyl rig for years. Nothing has matched it for overall sound from top to bottom. Lyra gets our highest recommendation!

The Lyra Delos is in stock and is currently $1650. It is going up to $1995. Once we sell out of the 2 we have in stock the new pricing will take affect.

The Lyra Kleos is currently $2995 and is going up to $3995. I have 1 in stock for the lower price and then it will be going up, up, up.

The Lyra Etna is currently $6995 and is going all the way up to $8995. I have one coming in at the lower pricing. If you order this one you will have up to a 3 month wait but you will save $2000 over the new pricing.

The mighty Lyra Atlas is currently $9500 and is going to $11995. I have one coming in so there will be a 3-4 month wait and only one at the old price and then the new pricing will be in order.

You have been fairly warned - get one now if you want one of these great products at the old, lower pricing!

Todd

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #2 of 20
....for a phono cartridge?!?!  
eek.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #4 of 20
Helikon was the best cartridge I have owned! Took a sidestep to koetsu, not an upgrade just different. Regret selling the Lyra, dug DEEP in to the emotions transcribed on to vinyl like no other cart. Can't imagine what the Titan or Atlas can reveal?l!

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #5 of 20
Sweet Mother of Pearl!
They are going way up!
I guess I'm not getting that Delos I had my eye on!

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 20

It’s amazing how much they jack the prices up, you guys in America are lucky you should come and live in the UK.

The Lyra’s are lovely cartridges.

I use the Roksan Shiraz and the price has just jumped up to £3950 that is up by £1250, not funny.

Nov 8, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #9 of 20
$9500.... D:
That costs more than my MacBook Pro, DAC, amp, linear power supply, headphones, and probably my whole music collection combined! This thing better transform my music rig.

You are comparing apples to oranges. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #10 of 20
HI All,

There is no doubt the Lyra cartridges are expensive and getting even more so. But these are all hand made and in my opinion, the best all around phono cartridge on the market. I have put them against a lot os their competitors and the Lyra always comes out on top. I cannot see myself using another cartridge on my turntable - even if it is the Delos!

Chris J, I have one still available at the old price so if you hurry you can still get it for the original price. And it is in stock so there is no wait.

One thing everyone has to understand with hand made products that are this good - there is a very limited supply and a very high demand for them. They compete and beat the competition even at the higher prices. There has been a 3-6 month lead time on all of these cartridges for over a year. Demand is exceeding supply by a lot. And thus the prices have gone up. At least they have made improvements to the newest models and not found short cuts to keep the pricing low.

Todd

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #11 of 20
"The mighty Lyra Atlas is currently $9500 and is going to $11995. I have one coming in so there will be a 3-4 month wait and only one at the old price and then the new pricing will be in order."

ROTFLAMO

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #13 of 20
Until you hear a truly high end vinyl rig I would advise you to consider withholding your rotflmao. Granted, this is for the very few who can afford it - but those who have bought them are satisfied that they got a great value. Its the difference between a Yugo and a Rolls Royce. They both work but one is just much better in every way. Now this is not to say that less expensive cartridges cannot bring satisfaction - I used a Grado Sonata and was delighted with my vinyl rig. It drew me back into listening to vinyl regularly and I could live with that older rig of mine if I had to - I have been fortunate and have been able to move my way up the chain and the very best stuff sounds so good. I would be sitting in my chair relaxing my AZZ off or simcrmao

The review of the Delos is very accurate. I have been using Lyra cartridges for the last 12 years and can highly recommend them. I did put my money where my mouth is.

Todd

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #14 of 20
Deleted

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #15 of 20
deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back