Lyra Phono Cartridges
Dec 28, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #16 of 20
Hey Sal1950,

Where you been? Vinyl is back and going very strong. And for pure sonic quality, most people feel it is superior to digital reproduction... and trust me, I thoroughly enjoy my fine quality equipment. Sorry you feel the way you do but you are the one missing out. Even modestly priced vinyl gear sounds great. And why would you come into this thread and say what you said?  What does that say about you???

Todd

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #17 of 20
  Hey Sal1950,

Where you been? Vinyl is back and going very strong. And for pure sonic quality, most people feel it is superior to digital reproduction... and trust me, I thoroughly enjoy my fine quality equipment. Sorry you feel the way you do but you are the one missing out. Even modestly priced vinyl gear sounds great. And why would you come into this thread and say what you said?  What does that say about you???

Todd

Yes I know, it's awesome, I retired and sold off my complete vinyl system at just the right time. You can't believe what people paid me for my worn out 30+ year old Dynavector Ruby and Supex 900 Super cartridges off ebay.  They along with my TT and about 400 LPs including mint copies of most all the original MFSL pressings of 70-80s rock really cushioned my move to FL. Before I sold everything I did 24/96 needle drop recordings of everything using my vinyl equipment and Audacity so I still have all the wonderful music on my harddrive.
Listening to Van Morrisons - Poetic Champions Compose right now, it sounds wonderful.
A complete win-win for me IMHO.
Happy Holidays To All

PS, I removed my second post,it was inappropriate.

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #18 of 20
Yes I know, it's awesome, I retired and sold off my complete vinyl system at just the right time. You can't believe what people paid me for my worn out 30+ year old Dynavector Ruby and Supex 900 Super cartridges off ebay.  They along with my TT and about 400 LPs including mint copies of most all the original MFSL pressings of 70-80s rock really cushioned my move to FL. Before I sold everything I did 24/96 needle drop recordings of everything using my vinyl equipment and Audacity so I still have all the wonderful music on my harddrive.
Listening to Van Morrisons - Poetic Champions Compose right now, it sounds wonderful.
A complete win-win for me IMHO.
Happy Holidays To All

PS, I removed my second post,it was inappropriate.

I'll remove my response...

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #19 of 20
Hi Sal1950,

Wish I would have been there when you were selling that gear. You had some nice stuff and the MoFi records would have looked nice in my collection. Sorry if I sounded harsh - I have listened to a lot of different cartridges and I really like the Lyra cartridges. And yes, they are expensive and hard to get.

I hope you have a great New Years and hope to be able to talk to you and serve you someday at TTVJAudio.

Todd

Dec 30, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #20 of 20
  Hi Sal1950,

Wish I would have been there when you were selling that gear. You had some nice stuff and the MoFi records would have looked nice in my collection. Sorry if I sounded harsh 

I hope you have a great New Years and hope to be able to talk to you and serve you someday at TTVJAudio.

Todd

No problem, I asked for it, I can be a bit aggressive in my opposition of high end vinyl.  We couldn't be further apart in our approach to High Fidelity but in the end it's about the music, not the gear..
Have a great and prosperous 2016!
Sal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back