Lyr 3 - The new Coherence™ and Continuity™ hybrid amplifier from Schiit - Impression & discussion thread
May 8, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #856 of 3,350
Anyone running E-Mu Teak's on the Lyr 3?
Also the Oppo PM3's?
I'm just more and more into this amp and i'm about one finger away from pulling the trigger.
It seems like it's got the sound, quality and looks I want.

May 8, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #857 of 3,350
I wouldn’t worry about it honestly...if you bought from a reputable tube vendor online then your fine, and if they suck they’ll let you return them...if you bought on eBay, it’s a gamble regardless who you go through. There just isn’t anyone holding anyone accountable on eBay, and people can write what they want whether they tested something or not. If you did your research and the tubes look real, even if they’re not brand new they’ll be nice. Hopefully the guy u bought from has a good return policy if something doesn’t seem right to you, but I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Agree completely.

May 8, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #858 of 3,350
Anyone running E-Mu Teak's on the Lyr 3?
Also the Oppo PM3's?
I'm just more and more into this amp and i'm about one finger away from pulling the trigger.
It seems like it's got the sound, quality and looks I want.
Truthfully neither one of those really need that much power and low gain woyld be enough or the vali 2 would be enough on low gain. The Lyr 3 is overkill. However they would sound great on the lyr 3.

May 8, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #859 of 3,350
I also own Hd 6XX and would like to get either Aeon's or LCD2C, so i'm trying to make this a bit future-proof.
Also, the fact that I can swap tubes and a tad on sound signature is something that interests me immensely.

May 8, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #860 of 3,350
Hey guys I currently have the Fostex HP-A3 Amp/Dac and I was thinking about upgrading it.

Would the Eitr + Mumby + Lyr 3 be a good upgrade from the Fostex?

I have the Sennheiser HD700 and Shure SRH1540 headphones.

Thanks so much for your response!

May 8, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #861 of 3,350
I also own Hd 6XX and would like to get either Aeon's or LCD2C, so i'm trying to make this a bit future-proof.
Also, the fact that I can swap tubes and a tad on sound signature is something that interests me immensely.
Well in that case yes it is a great upgrade for the hd6xx as well as either the Aeon or the Lcd.

May 9, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #863 of 3,350
sigh my Mimby is still backordered from the 5/3/18 due to no Australian Wallmarts and Schiit doesn't respond to emails.
I ordered the Lyr 3 through the US website last Thursday and still no news on shipping... maybe they’re pretty busy with orders... I’ve emailed them this morning, I’ll post updates if they say something :)

May 9, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #865 of 3,350
I ordered last Thursday aswell, weird they don't send emails when delay with orders. They do send emails when they ship your item tho.
They replied me... they said that there are some problems with parts and the shipment will be in few weeks... I don’t know for any other product thow...

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #867 of 3,350
sigh my Mimby is still backordered from the 5/3/18 due to no Australian Wallmarts and Schiit doesn't respond to emails.

...due to no Australian Wallmarts

I consider that an extremely positive attribute of your country. :slight_smile:

May 9, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #868 of 3,350
I ordered the Lyr 3 through the US website last Thursday and still no news on shipping... maybe they’re pretty busy with orders... I’ve emailed them this morning, I’ll post updates if they say something :)
Ordered mine May 2, shipped May 4 while their rep told me the 230V will be delayed for a few weeks. That was fast.

May 9, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #869 of 3,350
Here is the stock 6H8c tube. the glass is a bit loose, but Schiit said if if it goes out in 90 days they would replace it
VqEip0J.jpg

EOvQvpH.jpg

yGfjFHD.jpg

4wrrPAQ.jpg

May 10, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #870 of 3,350

Users who are viewing this thread

Back