Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with AKM AK4414; Wooden backplate; Silver / Gold version
Apr 21, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #31 of 122
1. The latest firmware is at my first post, 1.0.1.5 for now.
2. I assume it is the same update method as L5, just put it onto on-board memory and restart the device. A window asking you whether to update will show.
3. Later this month shhhhhhhh.

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #32 of 122
Thanks John

Assume they OK with waiting for any review to be posted until DAC fw capability released?

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #33 of 122
  Thanks John

Assume they OK with waiting for any review to be posted until DAC fw capability released?

Yeah, my thoughts are the same.  Without a doubt, LP5 is a powerhouse when it comes to sound quality.  Also it has a "boutique" look, very unique and luxurious!  But outside of that, GUI is not the most feature packed, so at least having a bonus of USB DAC would add to it's value.

@JohnYang : can you please confirm if a new file sorting method is going to be implemented (by alphabet, at least) in the new firmware?  And I guess, I shouldn't hold my breath for EQ, right?

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #37 of 122
John

Can you please let them know that I think there is something wrong with my unit.  I cannot get it to accept or read any micro SDXC card.  They are definitely in the right way.  I've tried 3 different cards now - both FAT32 and exFAT.  All make no difference. I've already had one card fail to eject (I took the unit to pieces and was able to slide it out once I could get more "purchase").  Plugging the USB cable recognises the internal memory fine - just no external for me (a real pity).

Vince/Alex - are you having any joy with external cards?

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #39 of 122
  John

Can you please let them know that I think there is something wrong with my unit.  I cannot get it to accept or read any micro SDXC card.  They are definitely in the right way.  I've tried 3 different cards now - both FAT32 and exFAT.  All make no difference. I've already had one card fail to eject (I took the unit to pieces and was able to slide it out once I could get more "purchase").  Plugging the USB cable recognises the internal memory fine - just no external for me (a real pity).

Paul, I think something is probably wrong with your unit.  I did try microSD, straight from my X3ii (fat32 format), and it was recognized without a problem.  On the other hand, tried connecting LO cable for external amp (used jds labs short patch cable), and I had a very hard time plugging/unplugging it.  That 3.5mm port is a bit too tight.

Apr 22, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #40 of 122
John

Still waiting on a separate card I bought exclusively for this unit.

I picked up a 32gb samsung class 10, and hoping that it will work.

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #44 of 122
May 1, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #45 of 122
My review also posted.  The LP5 is an incredible sounding DAP - particularly with full sized headphones.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/luxury-precision-lp5-32bit-dsd-portable-lossless-music-player/reviews/13030

Users who are viewing this thread

Back