Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Feb 16, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #241 of 5,290
Their own advertisement is also comparing it with 3000 RMB (around $400-500) DAPs.
Yes, comparing the W1 to a $4/500 DAP, such as Hiby R5, iBasso X160 etc. could mean that the W2 might be comparable in terms of sq to a DAP in the $6/800 range, such as the R6 2020 or the M6

Feb 16, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #242 of 5,290
Yes, comparing the W1 to a $4/500 DAP, such as Hiby R5, iBasso X160 etc. could mean that the W2 might be comparable in terms of sq to a DAP in the $6/800 range, such as the R6 2020 or the M6
The L6 from L&P is $699

Feb 16, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #243 of 5,290
Feb 16, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #244 of 5,290
Probably more comparable to the L4 as it has the same CS43198 DAC chip
That was my mistake for saying 6 and not 4. I meant 4.

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #246 of 5,290
W2 has more power output then S1 and if will sound few times better, certainly will sell really well.
I do hope to see this W2 coming soon to market - after Chinese new year .... i definitely will try it out - I am very pleased using the W1 already and if W2 has more output power and even better sound - i would be very happy.

Feb 18, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #249 of 5,290
I do hope to see this W2 coming soon to market - after Chinese new year .... i definitely will try it out - I am very pleased using the W1 already and if W2 has more output power and even better sound - i would be very happy.

If you don't need the additional power then I would think there is very little, if any, audible difference. The W1 already measures superbly well.

Feb 18, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #250 of 5,290
If you don't need the additional power then I would think there is very little, if any, audible difference. The W1 already measures superbly well.
Then I would definitely need the W2, as I would use it also with my full-size headphones which are somewhat power hungry.

Feb 19, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #252 of 5,290
Ootb

Oem Cables are pretty good, even though it ain’t braided, they feel quite good, rubbery feel but kinda gives security since they are going to be flexing in pockets.

sound
3.5 jack (cause im lazy to get my 4.4 cable right now) WOW! Sound wise it’s quite organic, I’m testing with imr pb2 (one of the most source dependent pairs I own) and sound is quite impressive, though soundstage feels a wee small (again, im on my iPhone with a 3.5 Jack)

Plenty of options for eq (staying on normal or no eq right now) high and low gain really similar to ltps1 (low for highly sensible iems) Dac filter options as well (slow, fast, ll slow, ll fast) Option to shut down the screen and a hid button option (thats the only thing i have no idea what is it for...) I’m quite impressed with it, will report in a couple of days.

quick edit: plugged to my laptop, as ltp s1, it just got better... WAY better

quick edit 2: this thing is worth every penny, damn... leave alone the measurements and the numbers, Master of Puppets (studio Track) just ... DAMN! the earman sparrow and e1da 9038s g3 are good... but this thing WOW... seriously... and im still in 3.5... the headroom and the background are outstanding and the presentation is just impressive. im saying this cause the pb2 has been a pain in the butt to drive properly, and ive been playing around with iems all week long (thanks lockdown) and with this, i can hear Cliff in all its splendor, im just a/b 'ing with ztella and xduoo xd05+ the L&P makes em dust
Wonder have you heard the dx160 before to compare with the w1? It has the same dac chip but I find dx160 a little dry sounding. Is w1 on the warm or cold sounding side, relative to say the e1da 9038s or apple dongle or paw s1? Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #254 of 5,290
Thank you for this comment - you may be right - i got so much improvement with the W1 compared for example to a Fiio BTR5 that I am not sure if this improvement would be the same when going for a W2... it could end up being a disappointment and wasted money - since i am very happy with the W1. I keep your comment in evidence:gs1000smile:
thanks !

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #255 of 5,290
Thank you for this comment - you may be right - i got so much improvement with the W1 compared for example to a Fiio BTR5 that I am not sure if this improvement would be the same when going for a W2... it could end up being a disappointment and wasted money - since i am very happy with the W1. I keep your comment in evidence:gs1000smile:
thanks !
I don't entirely agree with this assumption. A higher power output and dedicated balanced line outs with dual dacs means a much cleaner presentation and the extra power (even if not really needed) will offer better control of the drivers, resulting in better sound. This is speculative logic at this time since it hasn't been released, but I think it's foolish to think that the dual dac/extra power set up won't be much of an improvement. More like what someone says that already has the W1 and can't afford the upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back