Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Nov 14, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #5,266 of 5,290
My L&P W2-131status:
- Macbook M2 13inch 2022: Work
- Macbook M2 pro 14inch 2023: Not work
- Iphone 15: Not work
Maybe my last L&P product. Hate this kind of issue, so annoying.
Why not my last Apple product? :smiley:

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #5,268 of 5,290
Just for your information, Chord products (Mojo1, Mojo2, Hugo2) and the entry-level dongle iBasso DC04 Pro have worked flawlessly with almost Apple products in 3 years recently including iPhone 15 series, Macbook Air M1/M2, Pro M1/M2.

Nov 15, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #5,270 of 5,290
I was asked to ship my W2-131 to China for L&P to make it work with the latest iPhone. The caveat is this only goes for the 15 not for the 15 Pro Max.
They also asked me to cover the cost of shipping. Thanks but no thanks- why not let users do whatever needs doing themselves? Surely software related...

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #5,271 of 5,290
I was asked to ship my W2-131 to China for L&P to make it work with the latest iPhone. The caveat is this only goes for the 15 not for the 15 Pro Max.
They also asked me to cover the cost of shipping. Thanks but no thanks- why not let users do whatever needs doing themselves? Surely software related...
It doesn't work with the latest Snapdragon 8gen2 either, useless with my new Sony Xperia 1 V. Where as my Mojo1 and FiiO BTR7 still works fine.

Paying for shipping to make a brick work? Great service for quite a premium dongle...

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #5,272 of 5,290
It doesn't work with the latest Snapdragon 8gen2 either, useless with my new Sony Xperia 1 V. Where as my Mojo1 and FiiO BTR7 still works fine.

Paying for shipping to make a brick work? Great service for quite a premium dongle...
Strange, works fine with my Samsung Z Fold 5, which is also a Snapgradon 8 Gen 2 chip.
This whole episode is only helping reinforce my lack of love for dongles in general.

Nov 15, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #5,273 of 5,290
So, after all this complaining turns out you have another new phone that w2 works perfectly fine with? Just stick to Samsung and get on with your life. Works fine with my S23 as well. Clearly, l&p has terrible customer service but your constant complaining (across multiple threads) won't make any difference.

Nov 15, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #5,274 of 5,290
So, after all this complaining turns out you have another new phone that w2 works perfectly fine with? Just stick to Samsung and get on with your life. Works fine with my S23 as well. Clearly, l&p has terrible customer service but your constant complaining (across multiple threads) won't make any difference.
Constant complaining? Multiple threads?

I would have appreciated someone doing the same- we are a community after all.
I would have been absolutely pissed off if I had just bought a recently released product that requires a short trip to China for it to work with my phone of choice.

Whether I have another phone is not the point here. If you have an issue with my posts just ignore them.

Nov 15, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #5,276 of 5,290
According to L&P their product works with iPhone 15 just not with the Pro. Seems like something that should be addressable via a firmware update.
They actually told me it can work if I send the product to China for them to update. Naturally, I would need to pay for that ROFL
I doubt it is just a software fix. L&P is using some non-standard USB controller to allow it to draw more power beyond the usual limitations. Some USB host may function normally, but some just refused to work. Same thing happened to my OnePlus 9 Pro. I think they will actually replace the PCB or at the very least reflash the USB controller's EEPROM with a special jig, hence requiring you to ship them back.

One solution is to force the USB host to work strictly on USB 2.0 protocol, and there are a few ways to do this. One is to use USB C hub with USB A female ports, then connect the W2 with USB A male to USB C male. Another method is to use a charging bypass adapters like DDHifi TC28C Pro (or TC28i Pro for iPhones with Lightning). I prefer the latter since I have the option to add an external charger.

That said, I hate this kind of non-standard USB implementation and L&P isn't alone at doing this. Cayin RU6 and RU7 are also doing similar things but in a different way.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #5,277 of 5,290
They claim it can be solved by updating the firmware, but it needs to be sent back to them to do the update. That's what I did. Still waiting to get my W2-131 back to see if it really works.

PS. I live in China, so it's easy to send it to them. Not sure about overseas users.
Update:
I received my W2-131 back from L&P after some kind of firmware update. It does work with my iPhone 15 Pro and M1 Pro Macbook now.

Nov 16, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #5,280 of 5,290
They just said they updated the firmware. It's now 1.0.5.6. I didn't pay anything apart from the shipping to them.
Mine is now also at 1.0.5.6- still not working with the 15PM.
L&P advised it will never work with the new Pro Max due to the A17 Pro chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back