Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Oct 3, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #4,081 of 5,290
What a combination, fantastic sound. I really recommend them both.

Attachments

• 20211003_122601.jpg
    20211003_122601.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Oct 4, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #4,083 of 5,290
SAM_1888.jpg

My definition of the heavenly sound.

Oct 5, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #4,084 of 5,290
I have been following this thread for a few days
Did read every page (yes i did!)
Pulled the trigger
It is hard to believe how good this is with my Isabellae. Pure bliss.

Amazing device

Guys, did anybody open it to check what on earth is inside? How this performance is achieved?

Oct 5, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #4,085 of 5,290
I have been following this thread for a few days
Did read every page (yes i did!)
Pulled the trigger
It is hard to believe how good this is with my Isabellae. Pure bliss.

Amazing device

Guys, did anybody open it to check what on earth is inside? How this performance is achieved?
It's got magic dust inside, so don't open it or it will spoil the sound.

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #4,088 of 5,290
Anyone else experienced issues with the USB C connector on the unit itself. After about 3 months, my unit is now extra sensitive to any movement and would disconnect often. Tried it with different USB C cables and still doing the same thing. The stock white USB C cable was just plain horrible and would do this from day one but I did manage to get it working pretty good for a while with a better aftermarket cable until now.

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #4,089 of 5,290
Anyone else experienced issues with the USB C connector on the unit itself. After about 3 months, my unit is now extra sensitive to any movement and would disconnect often. Tried it with different USB C cables and still doing the same thing. The stock white USB C cable was just plain horrible and would do this from day one but I did manage to get it working pretty good for a while with a better aftermarket cable until now.
I have had this problem with a number of dongles and cables, but usually on my phone end of the connection. In the long run the phone / dongle USB sockets are subject to a lot of torque as the connectors are inserted and removed, as well as jostled in the pocket.

I have often thought about, but never tried, thickening the cable's connector slightly by applying layers of tape to the plastic end of the connector so that it is slightly thicker and wedge it in a bit...

The really good solutions are described in numerous posts on this thread, including rigid L type connectors that effectively eliminate the jostling and hold the dongle and phone tightly together.

Oct 9, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #4,090 of 5,290
I've had issues with phones before not charging too well. It turned out to be pocket lint stuck inside and compressed to the bottom of the connector. Picked it out and was fine. Might be the issue but probably not as I can't see how lint would get into the usb socket unless you carry the dac in your pocket unplugged.

Oct 9, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #4,091 of 5,290
The best way to avoid this is find a quality USB cable and keep it atached to the W2 all the time.

Oct 9, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #4,092 of 5,290
The best way to avoid this is find a quality USB cable and keep it atached to the W2 all the time.
Do you still have a tera player? Just wondering how close these dongles get to it in sound quality?

Oct 9, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #4,093 of 5,290
As I've posted elsewhere, I find putting a tiny rubber ring around the base of the usb-c really helps connection stability - a millimetre or so cut off of an old silicone eartip tube works well. Not perfect, but makes a significant difference. Makes better cables better too. The below is a Pee51, but I do the same with my W2 ddhifi cable.
20211002_091913.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back