Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Sep 14, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #4,022 of 5,290
I still enjoy my W2 very much just like in the first day. Was thinking to get the S2 also, but waiting to read few impressions first.
I am sure both will be great. It is a good thing that people can have more options. :)

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #4,023 of 5,290
Yes, the W2 is very versatile. Running one of my old favourites, the FitEar MH335DW, off it and sounding great. :)

3338206B-1B2F-452E-9D3A-3D0132BD348E.jpeg

Sep 15, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #4,025 of 5,290
Received the E1DA 9038SG3 today and did a quick A/B with the W2.

My (very) initial impressions are: while the E1DA is impressive in terms of output power for its size and price, the sound quality doesn't really match the W2 with my ThieAudio Monarch. Bass is more controlled with the W2, stage is wider and separation is better. Vocals are also more alive and emotional, for lack of a more technical word. Treble and air are great on both.

This said the E1DA is 1/3 of the price and much smaller than the W2. And while neither can extract adequate performance from my VC, E1DA comes closer to an acceptable sound. So E1DA is probably better for full size HPs.

All in very impressed with the E1DA but my W2 isn't going anywhere. It's still the better device for iems imo.

I also need to add that the lack of hardware volume control on the E1DA is annoying. The gain control on UAPP solves for that but it's not ideal. W2 volume control is much more precise and easier to use.

Edit: out of a Galaxy S20+ the E1DA is able to drive my VC much better, although it's still not optimal. With iems the W2 still sounds much better. Clearer, fuller, more control and more impactful.
E1DA is still impressive, the W2 is just outstanding.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #4,027 of 5,290
Hi, I would like to know whether W2 has the center key; can be used to play/pause the music playback or not?
If there is, please you kindly tell me how to do.
Thank you very much.

It doesn't. S1, W1, W2 only have volume controls, not playback.

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #4,028 of 5,290
Any M1 Macbook Pro users here? Just curious how the W2 is playing with macOS and the newer Apple silicone processor machines.

I'm still kinda hanging back on the whole dongle thing, but soon'ish, I'll be grabbing something, strictly for use with a Apple laptop of some flavor.

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #4,030 of 5,290
Any M1 Macbook Pro users here? Just curious how the W2 is playing with macOS and the newer Apple silicone processor machines.

I'm still kinda hanging back on the whole dongle thing, but soon'ish, I'll be grabbing something, strictly for use with a Apple laptop of some flavor.
I have tested mine and It works fine with my M1 macbook pro. The only issue is Apple Music does not have an exclusive mode and does not match the bitrate to the song being played. You have to manually match bitrate using the MIDI utility, which is just ridiculous. But if you are using Qobuz or Tidal (possibly other apps) they have an exclusive mode and will do bit perfect with the W2. I pretty much use my W2 exclusively with my iphone 12 mini though.

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #4,032 of 5,290
I'm all over the place lol. But, to answer your specific question I'm going with the FiiO M11 Plus Ltd simply because of how the THX amp brings my Empyrean/HD6xx to life. The user experience/interface is MUCH better w/ iPhone+W2 but the sound quality (at least w/ these headphones and my preferences considered) isn't as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back