Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 9, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,861 of 5,299
Hi everyone,

I am in direct contact with Mr. Wan, the lead engineer of LP. He is made aware of this discussion thread. LP is thrilled and grateful for everyone's support for W1 and W2.

With this being said, LP would like to further collect user feedback for W1/W2. If you would like to, please kindly reply to this post and include:
  1. The one or two features of W1/W2 that you enjoy the most (such as sound quality, output power, size, etc).
  2. The one or two features that you wish LP to improve or add to W1/W2 (cable color, better EQ, etc).
As for the case of W1/W2. LP is made aware of this request. They are thinking to in-house design and build a leather case, using some of the finest leather in the market (If you have bought their DAPs, you will know that LP makes leather cases of very high quality). However, the cost of such a case could be high, very likely to be higher than what Lotoo offers for S1 ($25). LP wants to know whether there is enough interest in the market for them to pursue this. If you would like to, please provide your feedback in your reply as well.

Thanks everyone!
Hi, one more thing please. Ask Mr.Wan from LP that we need the website to be in English and make it easy to download the firmware updates from anywhere in the world. Thank you

Apr 9, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #1,862 of 5,299
Hi, one more thing please. Ask Mr.Wan from LP that we need the website to be in English and make it easy to download the firmware updates from anywhere in the world. Thank you
That thing is under-way already. :)

Apr 9, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #1,864 of 5,299
@bluestorm1992 : do you know what is a difference between W1_W2_V1.0.2.0_AS.bin and W1_W2_V1.0.2.1.bin ? Originally, we had 1.0.2.1 file, then there was 1.0.2.0_AS file. I know your first post says 1.0.2.1_AS, but Google drive download link still points to 1.0.2.0_AS. So, I'm confused :D

Apr 9, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #1,865 of 5,299
@bluestorm1992 : do you know what is a difference between W1_W2_V1.0.2.0_AS.bin and W1_W2_V1.0.2.1.bin ? Originally, we had 1.0.2.1 file, then there was 1.0.2.0_AS file. I know your first post says 1.0.2.1_AS, but Google drive download link still points to 1.0.2.0_AS. So, I'm confused :D
I asked LP for the difference between them, and was told that the two files are virtually the same and we can use either of them.

Apr 9, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #1,868 of 5,299
Apr 9, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #1,871 of 5,299
Must say that watching Games with the W2 is a whole different experience. 9C871879-AC20-4BCF-A464-752ABF3753BF.jpeg

Apr 9, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #1,872 of 5,299
Hi everyone,

I am in direct contact with Mr. Wan, the lead engineer of LP. He is made aware of this discussion thread. LP is thrilled and grateful for everyone's support for W1 and W2.

With this being said, LP would like to further collect user feedback for W1/W2. If you would like to, please kindly reply to this post and include:
  1. The one or two features of W1/W2 that you enjoy the most (such as sound quality, output power, size, etc).
  2. The one or two features that you wish LP to improve or add to W1/W2 (cable color, better EQ, etc).
As for the case of W1/W2. LP is made aware of this request. They are thinking to in-house design and build a leather case, using some of the finest leather in the market (If you have bought their DAPs, you will know that LP makes leather cases of very high quality). However, the cost of such a case could be high, very likely to be higher than what Lotoo offers for S1 ($25). LP wants to know whether there is enough interest in the market for them to pursue this. If you would like to, please provide your feedback in your reply as well.

Thanks everyone!
I love the sound quality!! Outrageously good for the money. Size and form factor is excellent.
Add UAC1 mode like the S1, where you hold a button down while connecting to other device that have no drivers ( PlayStation, Nintendo Switch etc ).
+1 on this! I want to be able to update firmware on my Mac computer.
Also, need better cables — the lightning one is loose and falls out; any color will do. The USB C port on my unit is losing connection (with any cable) and I am using electrical tape to secure it — improve build quality there.
It seems the USB-C input is less than ideal, to be kind. I would like to be able to just hang the W2 down off my iPhone when I'm going on my daily walks. I have two other DAC dongles that work that way flawlessly. With the W2, I have to velcro it to the back of my phone which causes increased EMI. Even that is problematic. If I breathe on it wrong, it loses connection. I also have to tape it in place. That mostly works, but not always.

This is a rather ugly solution as you can see below.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.png
    IMG_0348.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Apr 9, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #1,873 of 5,299
Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone!
It would be nice to support the MQA renderer function for W2 and W1 in the future.

Apr 9, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #1,874 of 5,299

.... or actually dedicate some resource into customer service, as opposed to the current state of near complete lack-of.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #1,875 of 5,299
.... or actually dedicate some resource into customer service, as opposed to the current state of near complete lack-of.

Might as well hire @bluestorm1992 to do L&P customer service since he is doing that already :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back