Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 12, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #826 of 5,299
Guys, my W2 arrived an hour ago, hooray.
First of all, the good news: no or negligible EMI at all (iPhone 12 Pro, wifi, cellular network), so twice hooray, I'm excited (with my iPhone, S1 and balanced 4.4 Penon cable it's a huge problem), buuuut ....
Second, the bad news: at higher volumes (approx. 70+ at HIGH, approx. 80+ at LOW) the music is interrupted (every second or shorter, it depends on volume). If I set a lower volume, everything is fine. It depends on the cable I connect to the iPhone, the stock W2 cable is the best of all 3 (the second is Penon USB-C to lightning (approx. 65+ on HIGH, approx. 72 + on LOW) and the third and worst is the Lotoo stock S1 cable (approx. 62 + on HIGH, approx. 67 + on LOW).
On my MacBook, everything seems to be fine, nothing what I described is happened.

Any ideas? Does anyone have the same problem?
Would anyone try it with iPhone?

Same phone, no interruptions with Qobuz, Deezer, Amarra apps. What apps are you using?

Mar 12, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #829 of 5,299
Looks like it. Any other solution than lowering the volume?
Y Lightning adapter with extra power bank but am wondering if that is really the reason - see other posts from other users and myself

Mar 12, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #831 of 5,299
just some idea: I sporadically get warning from IOS that I am hearing too long and too loud and IOS is stopping the music then - no joke, but this message is supposed to be there then out of Apple Health :wink:

Mar 12, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #833 of 5,299
In any case, connected Apple magsafe charger did not solve the problem...
ok, then I think it's more software-related anyway. I remember such hick-ups only from Uapp on Android.
With S1 before firmware update with MQA files but for W2 these should look like normal Flac files

Mar 12, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #836 of 5,299
Apple Music, YouTube, restart phone, nothing did not solve the problem.
Haven't tried myself but do you have Apple standard Camera Connection Kit adapter and attach W2 with USB from there?
Do you have another IPad or Android phone to verify there?

Mar 12, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #840 of 5,299
Guys, hello. I've never been into "portable" hi-fi stuff, always used home DAC+AMP+Full-sized setup and for outdoors I've been using TWS. Today I've decided to try it and ordered W2, so now I'm looking for IEMs to match it. Is there any point in buying anything above 500-1000$ for W2 or it will not reveal their full potential? (Not planning on buying DAP for them anytime soon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back