Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 11, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #796 of 5,290
They both made of high quality aluminium.
Probably you feel the W2 construction to be inferior because of the smaller footprint and sharp edges? Also is lighter then S1: 22 gr vs 26 gr.
Just haptic impression for me without further thinking about it.
W2 doesn't feel cheap, just not as solid.
Now feeling their surfaces I realize that S1 is also metal cold whereas W2 is plastic warm but might be also because I am listening whole time on W2 so it has some operational temperature.
But it's never getting hot until now, just hand warm.

Mar 11, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #797 of 5,290
Just haptic impression for me without further thinking about it.
W2 doesn't feel cheap, just not as solid.
Now feeling their surfaces I realize that S1 is also metal cold whereas W2 is plastic warm but might be also because I am listening whole time on W2 so it has some operational temperature.
But it's never getting hot until now, just hand warm.
Leave it for couple of hours on a desk and the sides will get cold. Is definitely high quality CNC machine aluminium.

Mar 11, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #798 of 5,290

Attachments

• B817E859-D494-44C8-B8A4-7F7DC756DCB3.png
    B817E859-D494-44C8-B8A4-7F7DC756DCB3.png
    432.2 KB · Views: 0
Mar 11, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #800 of 5,290
Mmh, no matter which DSD track I select beyond 88 khz,,it will play only 88khz and then begin to stutter when I select 256 khz ones.
I suppose W2 only supports DSD up to 88khz...

Mar 11, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #802 of 5,290

Attachments

• EA30641C-5C49-47A7-946A-67094D52F14C.png
    EA30641C-5C49-47A7-946A-67094D52F14C.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Mar 11, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #803 of 5,290
Mmh, no matter which DSD track I select beyond 88 khz,,it will play only 88khz and then begin to stutter when I select 256 khz ones.
I suppose W2 only supports DSD up to 88khz...
I was using the forced upsampling in Audirvana. I will do some testing with actual DSD files.

Mar 11, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #805 of 5,290
Here we go dsf with 256 khz, Neutron, IPhone
W2 displaying 32bit/352.8
But I guess that's just his max resolution being displayed in that play mode.
Player getting a little warmer than usual 😉 but never really too warm

Attachments

• 859FD09F-FE9F-4386-AAA5-C4AC73548188.png
    859FD09F-FE9F-4386-AAA5-C4AC73548188.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #807 of 5,290
Haven't received my W2 yet (*should be here sometime later next week), though I already have somewhat of a negative impression on L&P as a company.

First, I was trying to join L&P discussion group but was denied because they will only accept those who already own their product (*which you apparently need to prove to them first), otherwise you are out of luck. This is highly unusual in China as online discussion groups are usually a very common place for customer and potential customer alike to hang around to share thought as well as ask questions, so almost every Chinese audio companies have one (or two) for people to join and leave freely. Yet L&P seems to decide they rather only want to run it as walled-in private club. As I have some question I want to ask before I get my W2 (*as the reason I wanted to join the discussion group in the first place), I also tried to contact their customer service person on a public Chinese forum. I know he is online when I sent him the PM, but he seems to choose to ignore me completely. That was two days ago and I can see he is still active in the forum, but just doesn't seem want to reply me, not even for courtesy. This is by far the most inert of all Chinese audio company that I have to communicate to, almost like they are not really that interested in doing business / providing service at all. I really don't see how a company like L&P is going to grow in the long term, regardless of how great their products are.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #808 of 5,290
Haven't received my W2 yet (*should be here sometime later next week), though I already have somewhat of a negative impression on L&P as a company.

First, I was trying to join L&P discussion group but was denied because they will only accept those who already own their product (*which you apparently need to prove to them first), otherwise you are out of luck. This is highly unusual in China as online discussion groups are usually a very common place for customer and potential customer alike to hang around to share thought as well as ask questions, so almost every audio companies have one (or two) for people to join and leave freely. Yet L&P seems to decide they rather only want to run it as walled-in private club. As I have some question I want to ask before I get my W2 (*as the reason I wanted to join the discussion group in the first place), I also tried to contact their customer service person on a public Chinese forum. I know he is online when I sent him the PM, but he seems to choose to ignore me completely. That was two days ago and I can see he is still active in the forum, but just doesn't seem want to reply me, not even for courtesy. This is by far the most inert of all Chinese audio company that I have to communicate to, almost like they are not really that interested in doing business / providing service at all. I really don't see how a company like L&P is going to grow in the long term, regardless of how great their products are.
They are quite responsive with the WeChat rep; always answer my question within 2 days the latest. Do you want me to share the name card with you?

Mar 11, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #809 of 5,290
They are quite responsive with the WeChat rep; always answer my question within 2 days the latest. Do you want me to share the name card with you?
No need, I knew I can get into contact with them if I pull some string (*I happens to know a few of the rather famous persons in the Chinese audiophiles world), though prefer to do it more as a normal buyer. At this point, my original questions have became somewhat irreverent and since my W2 will be here shortly, I am sure I can figure things out by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back