Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 4, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #481 of 5,299
Those instructions use a .exe file. For us neanderthals using Macs, is there an alternative method?
Not yet, MAC update method coming soon as far as I know.

All out-of-factory W1/W2 should be in the latest firmware. The people here have checked this a couple of weeks ago, and I believe there is non new FW recently.

Mar 4, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #485 of 5,299
Just placed an order for W2.

Mar 5, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #487 of 5,299
My Paw S1 has just arrived, want to compare S1 against W2 later

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #489 of 5,299
Congratulations, W2 seems that be wider but lighter then S1.
I've been using the S1 to watch Netflix with Bl-03 coper silver player cable and is really enjoyable but lacks a bit or power.
That should not be an issue with the W2, according to the specs

Mar 5, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #490 of 5,299
That should not be an issue with the W2, according to the specs
anyway not with 7Ohm Andro Gold :wink:
I want to try my Full Size Cans at some point nevertheless

Mar 5, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #491 of 5,299
anyway not with 7Ohm Andro Gold :wink:
I want to try my Full Size Cans at some point nevertheless
I use my Spirit Torino Titano (full-size open back) headphones with the S1 connected to the 4.4 output without any issue, so they should work fine with the W2

Mar 5, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #492 of 5,299
Those instructions use a .exe file. For us neanderthals using Macs, is there an alternative method?
I looked it up on their download server - the files are exe files and ONLY available for Microsoft OS - so the only way you can use MAC's to upgrade the SW is by running a Windows 7 or W10 emulation on Mac - which is easy to do and possible. Otherwise you need a good fried with a Microsoft OS to help you out... sorry. Neanderthals have died out many years ago and hence their genes only have survived in those who have mixed blood :relaxed:.

Mar 5, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #493 of 5,299
Does the E1da give you any improvement over the V50 dac? The V series quaddac measures very good!
Honestly, and embarrassingly, I wasn't using it properly when I first received it and may still not be, because I use in conjunction with UAPP and I can't utilize it because you lose volume control and it is set to the highest volume by default so unless I want hearing damage, I can't use any of my low impedance iem's with it. Maybe someone here can give me a work around.

Mar 5, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #494 of 5,299
Honestly, and embarrassingly, I wasn't using it properly when I first received it and may still not be, because I use in conjunction with UAPP and I can't utilize it because you lose volume control and it is set to the highest volume by default so unless I want hearing damage, I can't use any of my low impedance iem's with it. Maybe someone here can give me a work around.
I have V40 and use it with UAPP everyday🙂 Never need a DAP when u got LG V series! I need L&P W2 at home with Roon

Mar 5, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #495 of 5,299
I have V40 and use it with UAPP everyday🙂 Never need a DAP when u got LG V series! I need L&P W2 at home with Roon
Even though I have low impedance IEM's, one of them still improves with more power and my V50 doesn't cut it. That's why I bought the dongle, but I will definitely be getting the W2, if not just for the extra power but for the sound of Cirrus vs ESS. I just wish I knew how to get around the default high volume on the E1DA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back