Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 2, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #406 of 5,290
Is this their website?
http://www.luxuryprecision.net/

First improvement would be to offer at least English language and post important information like firmware updates, approved resellers on their company site...

Opening this page on Chrome brings a warning "not safe site" and Chrome is not offering a translation function like on other pages...

Honestly it might be a smaller company than e.g Lotoo, Hiby, Ibasso, etc but all such details like intransparency and security warnings on standard browsers are somehow preventing sales for any customers outside China even though their actual products can be really capable...

Plus: many of us are kind of music nerds who are willing to suffer to get some SQ improvements but think of "normal" people outside of such forums, though thinking about it they would most likely be happy with their IPhone SEs plus Standard Airpods...

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #407 of 5,290
Is this their website?

First improvement would be to offer at least English language and post important information like firmware updates, approved resellers on their company site...

Opening this page on Chrome brings a warning "not safe site" and Chrome is not offering a translation function like on other pages...

Honestly it might be a smaller company than e.g Lotoo, Hiby, Ibasso, etc but all such details like intransparency and security warnings on standard browsers are somehow preventing sales for any customers outside China even though their actual products can be really capable...

Plus: many of us are kind of music nerds who are willing to suffer to get some SQ improvements but think of "normal" people outside of such forums, though thinking about it they would most likely be happy with their IPhone SEs plus Standard Airpods...
Interesting post !!
I totally agree with you in the point that if they want to sell on American and European market they should at least support English language on their website.

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #408 of 5,290
just fyi: my order could be cancelled and refund is being processed, so at least that worked fine.
now waiting for officially supported order options...
product description translation is by the way very nice for anyone understanding German :wink:

1614764240055.png

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #413 of 5,290
Also, it would be nice to find out if they have any European authorized dealers.
Hi,
To answer that question - they don't ! I asked them already and i am trying to make them known to some German dealers so that somebody picks it up and sells in Europe - so far no solution. L&P is a small company with limited resources and I have the impression they are still pretty much on the engineering side and have not much capacity to expand the sales footprint. So the ONLY sales channel that I know they accept is MusicTek in the US - i assume it makes their life easier...

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #414 of 5,290
Is this their website?

You are dead on the spot here. They are a small company. I am in contact with them since 1 month - basically because i wanted to upgrade the W1 SW version to the latest firmware and nobody else knew how to do it. So i contacted them directly - and you are right -their url is the one you mention.
I found out that they are not as organized as an Apple or Huawei - they are a start-up kind of company - but that said - they are very professional in what they do - and their engineering is superb ! Don't let yourself fool with their rather basic appearance.
I tested their W1 yesterday with top of the range gear and can give verdict from a listening perspective:
I have the music (FLAC files) on a server and can listen to the music via a home network and via Wifi.
I use a Oriolus Trailli IEM which as to various comments is one of the best if not the best IEM on the market today.
I connected my IEM to a top of the range Yamaha Hifi-AMP who has a Headphone output and he got the music analog produced by a T&A MP3000HV Musicserver that has 6 highest quality DAC inside (3 for each channel) who does upsampling to 384Khz. Then i compared to listening to the same music piece with my Huawei P30 pro smartphone and the W1 as DAC to connect to the Trailli.
The difference is absolutely minute - and the difference is that the Trailli sounds a tiny bit more clinical - meaning has a slightly higher pitch (or sharper pitch) in the sound but a tiny little bit more clarity as well. So we compare a 7500 Euro DAC Music Server with 15kg weight which is in the top range of Hifi equipment to a 200 USD DAC from L&P and the difference is minute.
That is the quality they have put into this tiny little dongle.

One thing i also recognize - good engineered products that have less aggressive marketing are often sold at a reasonable price. Companies who have great engineering AND great marketing know their value and sell eventually at ridiculous high prices. Apple (sorry to say) is one of the companies who produce brilliant products - but they are massively overpriced - but it works for them and customers flock to their sleek shops - well done but not my piece of cake. And they make a lot more money than the "honest" little engineering companies like eventually this L&P. I prefer that "hidden gems" more and won't complain too much... once they find out that they can sell those items for 30% more expensive - we all suffer...
Anyway - trust me - their products are exceptional - after my test yesterday I am even more convinced that before.

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #415 of 5,290
If I wouldn't believe what you are saying I wouldn't have ordered blindly in Aliexpress 😉
Nevertheless I will calm myself down for now and be patient

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #416 of 5,290
If I wouldn't believe what you are saying I wouldn't have ordered blindly in Aliexpress 😉
Nevertheless I will calm myself down for now and be patient
it may still work buying in Aliexpress - who knows. Don't worry - things always get resolved when dealing with Chinese - they are flexible. You only may have to wait a little bit longer... They surely get all the goods they sold - they are business people and since you can make evaluations in Aliexpress they will try everything to please you. No worry at all...

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #417 of 5,290
it may still work buying in Aliexpress - who knows. Don't worry - things always get resolved when dealing with Chinese - they are flexible. You only may have to wait a little bit longer... They surely get all the goods they sold - they are business people and since you can make evaluations in Aliexpress they will try everything to please you. No worry at all...
Can you test and see if W2/W2 work with Windows 7?
S1 does but it need to be connected in UAC 1 mode and is limited to 16/44.1 khz.
Thank you.

Mar 3, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #418 of 5,290
You are dead on the spot here. They are a small company. I am in contact with them since 1 month - basically because i wanted to upgrade the W1 SW version to the latest firmware and nobody else knew how to do it. So i contacted them directly - and you are right -their url is the one you mention.
I found out that they are not as organized as an Apple or Huawei - they are a start-up kind of company - but that said - they are very professional in what they do - and their engineering is superb ! Don't let yourself fool with their rather basic appearance.
I tested their W1 yesterday with top of the range gear and can give verdict from a listening perspective:
I have the music (FLAC files) on a server and can listen to the music via a home network and via Wifi.
I use a Oriolus Trailli IEM which as to various comments is one of the best if not the best IEM on the market today.
I connected my IEM to a top of the range Yamaha Hifi-AMP who has a Headphone output and he got the music analog produced by a T&A MP3000HV Musicserver that has 6 highest quality DAC inside (3 for each channel) who does upsampling to 384Khz. Then i compared to listening to the same music piece with my Huawei P30 pro smartphone and the W1 as DAC to connect to the Trailli.
The difference is absolutely minute - and the difference is that the Trailli sounds a tiny bit more clinical - meaning has a slightly higher pitch (or sharper pitch) in the sound but a tiny little bit more clarity as well. So we compare a 7500 Euro DAC Music Server with 15kg weight which is in the top range of Hifi equipment to a 200 USD DAC from L&P and the difference is minute.
That is the quality they have put into this tiny little dongle.

One thing i also recognize - good engineered products that have less aggressive marketing are often sold at a reasonable price. Companies who have great engineering AND great marketing know their value and sell eventually at ridiculous high prices. Apple (sorry to say) is one of the companies who produce brilliant products - but they are massively overpriced - but it works for them and customers flock to their sleek shops - well done but not my piece of cake. And they make a lot more money than the "honest" little engineering companies like eventually this L&P. I prefer that "hidden gems" more and won't complain too much... once they find out that they can sell those items for 30% more expensive - we all suffer...
Anyway - trust me - their products are exceptional - after my test yesterday I am even more convinced that before.
Do we now anything about how the type 1 and Type 2 sound mode works? And other features?

Mar 3, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #419 of 5,290
Mar 3, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #420 of 5,290
I’ll wait W2 and see comparison with W1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back