Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 2, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #391 of 5,290
I asked the seller on Ali for some real life W2 photos for the sake of it. Let's see what happens 🙂.
There won't be any real photos from him right now. I told you, for sellers on ali express it is a common practice - a lot is created without the presence of goods, when it comes to them, begin to send. But where the seller takes the goods, there is no known.

Mar 2, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #395 of 5,290
No problem with Aliexpress themselves - i buy also a lot on Aliexpress - i think you misunderstood, the point was not the platform but the seller ! Like on Amazon who is directly selling but ALSO a platform for 3rd party sellers so it is on Aliexpress (or Chinaexport as well).
If a producer tells me that a seller on Aliexpress is no good - and not authorized by him to sell an item - i would think about what I do.
In this particular case I am cautious because this seller claims to have 999 pieces on stock and the two main sources I found (Musictek as offical partner) and Hifigo.com (not authorized either by L&P) both told me that the item is currently NOT available but in 1-2 weeks ready.

So either there are some "prototype models" out there who look like the finished product but are only test items which are NOT exactly the same as the final product or the seller claims to be able to deliver but then tries to buy through the black market such items and resells them at profit - in which case you wait even longer.
Worst comes worst - they could in theory at least sell you a W1 electronic in the chassis of a W2 and you don't even recognize it that you have been taken for a ride.
You would have to open the W2 and look inside and verify if it is the W1 electronic or the W2 electronic - well.. you can do that - and if you find out that it is the electronic of a W1 in a W2 shell - what do you do next ? You think you get compensation ?
So it is a gamble - and not everybody is willing to try out.
I certainly will follow the producer and their recommendation.

B.t.w. the W2 is a largely improved product over the W1 and ONE small but important element is the clock oscillator - the W2 has an even more precise clock and that is hugely important for jitter control and hence Audio quality... Just one of the many things L&P explained to me.

Good luck with Aliexpress...
I think you have a contradiction with what you wrote on March 2nd :
''I am in touch with the producer of the L&P W2 since a while and they confirmed to me that the ONLY SOURCES that they officially accept are MusicTek in the US and Hifigo.com in China''

And now you are saying that ''the two main sources I found (Musictek as offical partner) and Hifigo.com (not authorized either by L&P) both told me that the item is currently NOT available but in 1-2 weeks ready.''

Which one is right and which one is wrong ? May be I missunderstand as I do not read/write very well English.

Mar 2, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #397 of 5,290
I would like to know if w2 is really much better than w1 and comparison will be welcome for owners or w1 like me

Mar 2, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #398 of 5,290
I would like to know if w2 is really much better than w1 and comparison will be welcome for owners or w1 like me
I support. I am also interested in this question - is there any point in overpaying almost twice as much if the sound +/- is the same. I still adhere to the idea that for full-size headphones you need a more serious source in the face of a table amplifier

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #400 of 5,290
I think you have a contradiction with what you wrote on March 2nd :
''I am in touch with the producer of the L&P W2 since a while and they confirmed to me that the ONLY SOURCES that they officially accept are MusicTek in the US and Hifigo.com in China''

And now you are saying that ''the two main sources I found (Musictek as offical partner) and Hifigo.com (not authorized either by L&P) both told me that the item is currently NOT available but in 1-2 weeks ready.''

Which one is right and which one is wrong ? May be I missunderstand as I do not read/write very well English.
You are right on the sense that i was under the impression that Hifigo.com is an official reseller of Luxury and Precision. Since i bought my W1 from them and all worked fine it seemed not far fetched to assume that. They were very friendly and supportive so only good feelings from my side. I asked yesterday my contact in L&P and he stated clearly that Hifigo.com is NOT an authorized reseller and that therefore this company won't be able to provide warranty for L&P products, and L&P also answered me about Aliexpress resellers with a clear "NO" comment, meaning no good. So L&P for whatever reason only gave me MusicTek as official accepted sales channel. Indeed I had to adjust and correct my earlier statement - you spotted it right - I am very sorry - i was mistaken in my assumption.

Now, personally I don't want troubles so I will buy from Musictek now - and follow the guidance of L&P, sorry for the other sales channels - which seem not to be very appreciated by L&P for whatever reason. Price is the same from any of them - so no gain on that level. Musictek is also a great seller - so deal done for me and happy to share that information. I am NOT saying that can't buy L&P products from other people, and I am also not accusing them of any wrong doing - I am just passing on the information that the producer gave to me and which for me at least matter.

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #402 of 5,290
There is no official production firm contact here in head-fi like in other brand-threads which can give direct guidelines like approved vendors or firmware updates, answering questions, etc?

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #403 of 5,290
I support. I am also interested in this question - is there any point in overpaying almost twice as much if the sound +/- is the same. I still adhere to the idea that for full-size headphones you need a more serious source in the face of a table amplifier
As far as I read the dual DAC W2 has more output power which allows to run the amp section at lower load - which is always good to reduce harmonic distortions. I read also that they use a more precise crystal clock - very important to reduce jitter and enhance signal precision. I also think that they can now do DSD which maybe W1 doesn't do ? So all in all there seem to be some further pushing the limits of what can be done...
In this case i really don't know if size matters - or if it is the engineering ingenuity that makes the "music".
I give one example. Some of the best Hifi Amps are from a US company is McIntosh - they build excellent AMP's and they are big, heavy (20kg or more) and very expensive.
I bought a french product called Devialet - that is the size of a Notebook at 5Kg light - sleek and rather anti-AMP shape.
The Devialet uses a very special circuit which is a combination of a class A-Amp and a standard AMP and unique in the market - ALL the tests they participated at - give them the same rating as the best McIntosh - but they are so much smaller... hard to believe but true - and i am very happy with the Devialet.

Anyway - i will get the W2 hopefully and then assume that there is a difference on the upside in comparison to the W1

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #404 of 5,290
There is no official production firm contact here in head-fi like in other brand-threads which can give direct guidelines like approved vendors or firmware updates, answering questions, etc?
I don’t think there is, although I can help pass some questions directly to LP China. If enough of the people have a concern, LP will definitely be aware.

Last time I told them that there are many Mac users here, and they should think about getting a Mac version FW update method. They said they will follow up with that.

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #405 of 5,290
I don’t think there is, although I can help pass some questions directly to LP China. If enough of the people have a concern, LP will definitely be aware.

Last time I told them that there are many Mac users here, and they should think about getting a Mac version FW update method. They said they will follow up with that.
Also, it would be nice to find out if they have any European authorized dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back