Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jun 28, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #3,302 of 5,299
Just ordered the ddHiFi lightning to C, I keep getting random dropouts with the included cable.

Good choice and yep that's a known issue with W2

I found that it’s caused by my iPhone case.. it doesn’t allow the cable to sit flush with the frame, which makes it wriggle about and lose connection.

Nomad case ❌
Mous case ✅

Jun 28, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #3,303 of 5,299
I’m po’ed. I received the ddhifi usbc to lightning connector. It was exceptional and solidly built. I left it in the W2 and then slipped both into my pocket and proceeded to walk from my office to the train station. When I sat down in the train, the w2 was at the perfect spot in proportion to my waist that the lightening plug snapped off the cable end. The plug came out easily, but since then I had to resort to the oem cable. I also used a bit of low profile Velcro to attach the w2 to the back of my iPhone so I don’t make this bonehead mistake again.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #3,304 of 5,299
I would then have to go out to bars and befriend someone that has a PC
Maybe there are people who frequent the bars at night looking to meet people in your predicament. "Hey Big Boy, you look like you could use a little Windows 10"

Edit:
Maybe try this opening line. "If you show me your laptop, I'll show you my dongle"

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #3,305 of 5,299
I’m po’ed. I received the ddhifi usbc to lightning connector. It was exceptional and solidly built. I left it in the W2 and then slipped both into my pocket and proceeded to walk from my office to the train station. When I sat down in the train, the w2 was at the perfect spot in proportion to my waist that the lightening plug snapped off the cable end. The plug came out easily, but since then I had to resort to the oem cable. I also used a bit of low profile Velcro to attach the w2 to the back of my iPhone so I don’t make this bonehead mistake again.
Use a fanny pack like this model and you won’t have that happen ever again 😉:

Xy_QNhOyQb.jpg

Jun 28, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #3,306 of 5,299
I really think body shaming is NOT the way to go here. The world has enough hate as it is. Please stop.

Jun 29, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #3,308 of 5,299
I really think body shaming is NOT the way to go here. The world has enough hate as it is. Please stop.
I think someone is perhaps overly sensitive here and off point. You might want to turn your frown upside down or just put me on ignore. I joke about others and myself. We are a pretty ridiculous species, don’t you think? That is a far cry from H A T E.
Being tubby myself I get your point. This could however be a commentary on fashion consciousness or lack thereof
Bingo. Or is fashion shaming off limits now?

Jun 29, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #3,309 of 5,299
W2 ordered from Musictek . I had paw s1 in the past and quite enjoyed using it , hope this will be an upgrade. I’m moving away from daps and and w2 seems like a good replacement for my dx300 which I’ve just sold .
i’ve bought and sold almost all the Totl daps and really don’t see myself going back doing that anymore.
iphone - Apple Music - W2 should serve me well.

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #3,310 of 5,299
W2 ordered from Musictek . I had paw s1 in the past and quite enjoyed using it , hope this will be an upgrade. I’m moving away from daps and and w2 seems like a good replacement for my dx300 which I’ve just sold .
i’ve bought and sold almost all the Totl daps and really don’t see myself going back doing that anymore.
iphone - Apple Music - W2 should serve me well.
Well done. I would have done the same. The W2 is that good, you will be impressed.

Jun 29, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #3,311 of 5,299
I think someone is perhaps overly sensitive here and off point. You might want to turn your frown upside down or just put me on ignore. I joke about others and myself. We are a pretty ridiculous species, don’t you think? That is a far cry from H A T E.

Bingo. Or is fashion shaming off limits now?

I could stand to loose more than a few lbs, but I took his post as a comment on fashion which I found humorous. If it were fashionably acceptable in NYC, fanny packs really take care of a lot of problems. Those in England though use fanny to describe something else IIRC.

Jun 29, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #3,312 of 5,299
Jun 29, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #3,314 of 5,299
Did anyone get the leather case yet? Is the magnet strong enough to put the W2 on the fridge's door ? :wink:

I'm actually more curious if the magnet going to cause any interference, related to either W2 or smartphone.

Jun 29, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #3,315 of 5,299
I'm actually more curious if the magnet going to cause any interference, related to either W2 or smartphone.
Speaking of that, I do get interference when I hold the W2 against the back of my phone. When walking with it for example. I do not get interference when the W2 is dangling away from my phone. No innuendos in that sentence :)

Are others getting interference when holding the W2 right against the phone? That is the only time I am getting interference so I can work around that problem and just let it dangle freely.

Edit: If I turn off my cellular for my phone then I do not get interference. Being disconnected, I then feel like I am living on the edge :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back