Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 23, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #2,071 of 5,299
Hifigo still can't send my W2. Made the order on April 6th. Asked the seller again when the shipment would be, now they promise only after May 5:dizzy_face:
A month of waiting from the moment of ordering to dispatching and it is not yet known when I will receive it. Some kind of frivolous approach to business:expressionless:

Apr 23, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #2,072 of 5,299
Apr 23, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #2,073 of 5,299
Hifigo still can't send my W2. Made the order on April 6th. Asked the seller again when the shipment would be, now they promise only after May 5:dizzy_face:
A month of waiting from the moment of ordering to dispatching and it is not yet known when I will receive it. Some kind of frivolous approach to business:expressionless:

It was said that L&P has problem sourcing enough DAC chips so production is getting delayed. That's [pretty much the exact situation across the whole electronics industry.

Apr 23, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #2,074 of 5,299
@FooFighter
Hello,
How about Phone+W2 vs DX300 ?
DX300 is still burning in but is a different beast altogether.
It's supposed to be the Ibasso TOTL DAP whereas I would say that in terms of pure SQ (dynamics, resolution) DX 220 Max still has the edge in comparison.
W2 has similar sound signature Imho as Ibasso DX2xx, I.e. more energetic, revealing, clarity, brighter signature.
DX300 signature is more relaxed, warmer with slight mid bass emphasis but still keeping layering and details. Mid bass punches e.g in RnB is sounding more warm and rounded in contrast to dry and edged on W2.
It's more "musical" and has better "timbre" imho than DX Max or W2 and is therefore a better addition rather than a replacement depending on your mood and music taste.
I find it interesting btw how DAPs with same DAC type can sound so different. It's all also a matter of overall implementation and also synergy with your headphones...
Using IEMS only I can imagine to use W2 for specific mixes rather than DX300 where I prefer it's dryer and straight forward signature, for headphones like my Denons it's a different story, they are lacking body and bass on W2 for whatever reason.
DX300 is the better Allrounder there.
That's only for the pure sound impressions.
Technically I find DX300 super in terms of battery live, speed, display and being future proof with replaceable amp modules

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #2,076 of 5,299
My W2 case from Ali that was shipped been cancelled by the seller without a reason, anyone with similar experience?

EDIT : I don't think it was actually shipped and probably was never in stock.
Since only one guy is making this case, I assumed we ordered from the same guy, though I ordered it from his Taobao store. Mine is still on its way, should be here by early next week (or tomorrow if I am very lucky).

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #2,078 of 5,299
Anyone know a place where the silicone case for the W2 is actually in stock?
I ordered from Running Camel Advanced Hifi Store on Ali, and was told that it shipped a few days ago, so fingers crossed. Don’t actually have my W2 to put in it yet though (awaiting MusicTeck stock) so it may be a race between the two....

Apr 24, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #2,080 of 5,299
Ok well, I am thinking to give the L&P W2 a try... once it's in stock that is, what is the latest ETA from MusicTeck?
Or perhaps anyone has one to sell? (p.s. listed my L&P W1 for sale on classifieds if anyone is interested).
AFAIK the latest shipment has been sent from LP. Not sure how many they have shipped to Musicteck though.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #2,081 of 5,299
AFAIK the latest shipment has been sent from LP. Not sure how many they have shipped to Musicteck though.
I hope they come in soon! I am waiting for mine to come in from Musicteck as well.

Apr 25, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #2,083 of 5,299
Has any IPhone user noticed trouble the W2 having connectivity issues when your iPhone is fully charged?
The past couple times I’ve tried using my w2 for a morning run it skips even though the volume is turned down. Then I try again later in the day (when my phone battery is down a bit) just for kicks to see if the unit is defective and then it works perfectly. I always wondered why it gets temperamental early in the morning and was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. I swear this thing is like a hot chick - beautiful but fussy and high maintenance!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back