Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 2, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #1,696 of 5,299
Looking at your pictures you all are keeping the USB-C to dongle connection on the downside and the headphone cable on the upside, right?
So you squeeze that USB-cable part into the bottom of your pocket/bag etc and risk it to suffer there.
Do you think that this is better than letting all cables leave on one side and turn the phone upside down?

Dunno if I am just paranoid about that, you guys might have more experience with that, for me it's the first dongle on the go 😉
This is oriented the way it is for 2 reasons. 1) the lightning cable port is at the bottom of the iPhone and 2) you need to center the W2 so that you can hold the phone in one hand easily while you are walking. I am left handed and hold my iPhone in my right hand. Therefore, the W2 needs to be on the right side of the iPhone. For a right hander, it will probably be on the left side of the iPhone. You need for the screen of the W2 to be viewable when you look at it. You do need access to the volume controls too. The only problem is that it is upside down. If your DAP or smartphone has a USB-C port on the top, then it will be oriented correctly.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #1,697 of 5,299
This is oriented the way it is for 2 reasons. 1) the lightning cable port is at the bottom of the iPhone and 2) you need to center the W2 so that you can hold the phone in one hand easily while you are walking. I am left handed and hold my iPhone in my right hand. Therefore, the W2 needs to be on the right side of the iPhone. For a right hander, it will probably be on the left side of the iPhone. You need for the screen of the W2 to be viewable when you look at it. You do need access to the volume controls too. The only problem is that it is upside down. If your DAP or smartphone has a USB-C port on the top, then it will be oriented correctly.
Thx for the explanation, indeed so many things to be considered like holding position (Though phones should support screen reorientation nowadays also for upside down mode) but yes on top comes the W2 screen and W2 buttons and the alignment of the adapter cable stuff...
Am wondering how my ordered Shanling Q1 can be attached.
In the worst case the saved space with mini digital source will be nullified by extra space for extra power bank 😂

Apr 2, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #1,698 of 5,299
All setup for a Friday of listening and loading up music - my USB hub almost at capacity! My W2 hasn't been getting much time during the week, enjoying it a lot again tonight though.

20210402_202927.jpg

Apr 2, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #1,699 of 5,299
All setup for a Friday of listening and loading up music - my USB hub almost at capacity! My W2 hasn't been getting much time during the week, enjoying it a lot again tonight though.

I have exactly the same hub!
Got it first for my DX220 Max as it didn't like any other hub on my MacBook...

Apr 2, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #1,700 of 5,299
I have exactly the same hub!
Got it first for my DX220 Max as it didn't like any other hub on my MacBook...

I did quite a bit of research before buying this around Christmas - very happy with it, I like the rubber protector etc and its a nice size.

Apr 3, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #1,702 of 5,299
Apr 3, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #1,705 of 5,299
Can you tell me how to find out the current firmware of W2?

Is it possible to perform a firmware update through Parallels instead of Bootcamp?
Parallels yes, someone in this thread has successfully done this. Try searching within the thread.

Apr 3, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #1,708 of 5,299
Looking at your pictures you all are keeping the USB-C to dongle connection on the downside and the headphone cable on the upside, right?
So you squeeze that USB-cable part into the bottom of your pocket/bag etc and risk it to suffer there.
Do you think that this is better than letting all cables leave on one side and turn the phone upside down?

Dunno if I am just paranoid about that, you guys might have more experience with that, for me it's the first dongle on the go 😉
I normally put my phone in my pocket upside down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back