Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 1, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #1,681 of 5,299
$14.18 and 6 days delivery. Absolutely worth it. Works great with my W2 and LGV50 ThinQ Korean version and my Asus windows 7 laptop. The sound is clean, no disconnections and very tight fit.

IMG-20210401-WA0004.jpgIMG-20210401-WA0005.jpgHighly recommend if you ask me.
Did you fix the ws2 to the back of the case with sticker or whatever? If not, a potential problem for this connector is: due to the rigid structure, if the w2 is moved in any direction which is very likely to happen, it exerts lots of force to the USB C receptacle in the phone, and I doubt the receptacle can live through in the long run.

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #1,682 of 5,299
I'm waiting for the Monarch too ... they say it's a fairytale combination ... we'll see

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #1,683 of 5,299
Did you fix the ws2 to the back of the case with sticker or whatever? If not, a potential problem for this connector is: due to the rigid structure, if the w2 is moved in any direction which is very likely to happen, it exerts lots of force to the USB C receptacle in the phone, and I doubt the receptacle can live through in the long run.
No I didn't fix it the W2 on the back of the phone. I am using it as we speak attached directly to the laptop and I don't see the problem you mentioned, but I understand what you are trying to say.

Apr 2, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #1,684 of 5,299
Could you please post a link /photo?
I am completely new to this attaching/sticking-things-to-the-back-of-your-phone-topic
Sure, here are some pics

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 0
Apr 2, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #1,685 of 5,299
Sure, here are some pics
Thank you!
I will consider this option
I think I would opt for a dedicated phone protection case for music on the go with such a solution installed and another one for protecting the phone in the meantime so I could easily switch the cases as needed. Before sticking something directly onto the W2, I think I will wait for a W2-case-solution, so I might prefer sticking the W2-case to the back of the phone-case.
That would leave me the freedom to use W2 also freely without any strings attached 😉

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #1,686 of 5,299
I'm waiting for the Monarch too ... they say it's a fairytale combination ... we'll see
I have the LPW2 and the Monarchs. To me, it is the benchmark price/performance sound for around $1000.

Apr 2, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #1,689 of 5,299
I have a Monarch :L3000: . What aspect of Monarch is improved with W2?
Relative to what other source? To me, it's a perfect match. I love the Monarch as it has a nearly perfect tonal balance for my taste. The W2 is the best dongle I have. Far better sounding than anything I own under $300. It sounds better than my R6 2020. If you check out my earlier posts in this thread, you will see that where the W2 is strong is in transparency. So, the W2 opens up the sound stage and the clarity of its perfect tonal balance is even more enhanced. If I want a warmer presentation, I pair it with my Chord Mojo.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #1,690 of 5,299
I am interested in the Monarch too, but I have small ears and the comfort may not last hours of continuous listening.
Still would be nice to hear them before taking the plunge.
That's the issue with the Monarchs. I have large ears and they barely fit for me. I would also consider the Moon Drop S8 (but it is also pretty large), Dunu SA6 or Softears RSV. Clairvoyance will have the same problem as the Monarchs in terms of size.

Apr 2, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #1,691 of 5,299
That's the issue with the Monarchs. I have large ears and they barely fit for me. I would also consider the Moon Drop S8 (but it is also pretty large), Dunu SA6 or Softears RSV. Clairvoyance will have the same problem as the Monarchs in terms of size.
Take a look at the IMR line of IEM's. I have the Opus Mia's and they have been compared by reputable reviewers against the Monarch and come out on top for only $700.
Also take a look at the Penon Volt which gets rave reviews.

Apr 2, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #1,692 of 5,299
Take a look at the IMR line of IEM's. I have the Opus Mia's and they have been compared by reputable reviewers against the Monarch and come out on top for only $700.
Also take a look at the Penon Volt which gets rave reviews.
Awesome. I love to hear about new breakthrough IEMs. Please link to the reviews you mention.

Apr 2, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #1,693 of 5,299
Apr 2, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #1,694 of 5,299
Sure, here are some pics
Great idea. I just did that. Took 2 minutes. The W2 almost completely eliminates the need for a DAP especially if you have an Android smartphone.

Attachments

• W2 velcro 0.jpeg
    W2 velcro 0.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 0
  • W2 velcro 1.jpeg
    W2 velcro 1.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 2, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #1,695 of 5,299
Looking at your pictures you all are keeping the USB-C to dongle connection on the downside and the headphone cable on the upside, right?
So you squeeze that USB-cable part into the bottom of your pocket/bag etc and risk it to suffer there.
Do you think that this is better than letting all cables leave on one side and turn the phone upside down?

Dunno if I am just paranoid about that, you guys might have more experience with that, for me it's the first dongle on the go 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back