Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 27, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #1,532 of 5,299
Hi LucasKA
The mojo has more body and a fuller lower end. The W2 has a slightly rolled off treble but still a good sense of space.
W2 has a higher stage height but slightly less width.
Mojo better at driving headphones.
There both very similar in the mids .

I would suggest trying a W2 if your only pairing with efficient iems.
You will drain your phone battery driving headphones.
Yes more inputs on Mojo and no software to deal with.

I sold my W2 to another member on this Thread and he also has a Mojo.

Hope this helps a bit.
This is just my view of course every ones view will be different.

as always try before you buy if you can???
I have said before these are amazing times in as much as you can get stunning sounding gear that is so small.

I can’t wait to see what else will be available this year.👍

Mar 27, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #1,533 of 5,299
anyone tried to hook up some mini DAP such as Shanling M0 using its bidirectional USB-port?
Could possibly be an ultra-mobile combo plus provide bluetooth receiver functionality to W2?
Have ordered a Shanling Q1 actually to provide LDAC receiver feature to my DX220 Max.
Will report how it will work connecting W2 via USB C and playing from Micro SD and Bluetooth source...

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #1,534 of 5,299
Hi LucasKA
The mojo has more body and a fuller lower end. The W2 has a slightly rolled off treble but still a good sense of space.

Hope this helps a bit.

I have said before these are amazing times in as much as you can get stunning sounding gear that is so small.

I am the buyer of @rocketron 's W2. Far more convenient to use than just Mojo alone connected to my phone.
Probably why I never ever use Mojo on its own but rather use it with Poly.

The W2 is pretty darn good for its size- I am surprised it can even drive my Obravo Ra 21 C-Cu sufficiently well.
I very much prefer the convenience and not having to worry about someone nicking my Astell&Kern SP2000 when out and about.

Mar 27, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #1,535 of 5,299
I've just posted in another thread using the H1 and X10TII so the Trailli is not married to the LP6TI. I find it has better clarity and a different tonality with the QA361 which for some genres is even better. Have considered the C9 but it's a bit bigger than I'd like. Looking for a portable solution ie. W2 but apparently sold out.
Next batch scheduled beginning of April according to Musicteck

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #1,536 of 5,299
Peace, I am just confirming that there is synergy to be had.

btw. It helps to add the link to the site where the graph was taken from. Here is the text above that graph on DYI Audio heaven :wink:
Oouuch!

Mar 27, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #1,538 of 5,299
Looking at some of the previous posts, while some may feel uncomfortable and others may get some popcorn, lean back and watch the thread further, I find it helpful to also get negative feedback about a product even in its "fanboy"-thread.
I am sure there are good and bad synergies with W2 as there are for other players too and I also don't like it with all of my gear.
But once the synergy is working as with my Andromeda Golds its awesome.
If I got this combo first one year ago I might not have invested into TOTL DAP setup and stayed happy for a while (though I am meanwhile caught in this rabbit whole game I am afraid)
Reading about high end IEMs like Traillii I am dreaming of a minimum high-fidelity setup one day in the future with a minimum footprint and got rid of all my other gear but that's still too expensive in my current situation :wink:
For now I am looking forward to testing this awesome device with a low footprint digital transport like my ordered Shanling Q1...

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #1,540 of 5,299
I have the Trailli as well and find you need a powerful source to really make it shine. Are you saying the W2 is powerful enough? I normally pair with LP6TI and still feel it can use more power.
good question - well my Smartphone runs at 80% and the W2 is set to 75% volume - but then I really have as much power as I can accept. Beyond that it would eventually do damage to the ears in the mid-term. So although I always like to use equipment to let's say max 50% and here have to go at least 2/3 of the max - increasing the W2 volume to 80% like on the Smartphone (I use independent Volume settings) would be beyond what my ears could tolerate.
For a really softly recorded album I may have to set the W2 to 77%, but then again - that is the max of what my ear can deal with - so there is sufficient margin and room for driving the Traillii well. BUT I repeat again - the stock earbuds lack good fit and the bird sounds not only a bit compressed but has also less drive - puttting Spinfit or other brand that closes the ear well - brings more bass, more clarity and more volume to the bird. Hope that helps

Mar 27, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #1,541 of 5,299
Hi LucasKA

Hope this helps a bit.

For an IEM the W2 is powerful enough but can one really expect this little dongle to drive a full headphone ? That sounds a bit far fetched to me to think that this is possible, but even if - for sure the headphone will drag a lot of power from the phone - but that is not the fault of the dongle - with my IEM i lose 3% power after listening 1.5 hours music - so that is almost negligible ....

Mar 27, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #1,543 of 5,299
Hello,.any more news about the silicone case for the W2? Me and everyone else are waiting for the release 😌🥺.
Not yet... will post here as soon as I hear from them.

Mar 27, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #1,544 of 5,299
I just got my W2 today. I just spent 1.5 hours doing some A/B/C/D testing using my EE Odin as the earphones, iPhone and Tidal as my source and I compared Lotoo PAW S1, LPW2, Chord Mojo and Chord Hugo 2. To me, the sound signature is so obvious that I don't need to do much more testing. I know where it fits.

The LP W2 is a direct upgrade to the Lotoo PAW S1. It has a very similar transparent sound signature, but it just does it better all around. Whereas the S1 sounds boomy across the frequency response spectrum at times, the W2 is very tight and clean. The difference is bigger than the difference between the DragonFly Red and DragonFly Cobalt. You need a good ear to hear the difference between the Red and Cobalt. Anyone can hear the difference between the S1 and W2. I forgot to bring the DragonFly Red with me, so I can't compare it, but I prefer the S1 to the DragonFly Red.

To me, the LPW2 is comparable in quality to the Chord Mojo for driving IEMs. I only brought my ZMF VC with me on this trip, so I will test the driving power of the W2 for high impedance full headphones with it. I would be surprised if it did very well especially given the earlier description of the W2 and HD800. My guess is the Chord Mojo will have the power advantage as it can drive the VC.

The big difference between the Chord Mojo and the LP W2 is sound signature. The Chord Mojo has a warm signature whereas the W2 has a much more transparent signature. Depending on the IEM you are pairing it with, one or the other will likely sound better. To me, the Chord Mojo did better on tracks that had more of bass emphasis given its warm sound signature. The W2 did better with Classical and acoustic music. Anything that favors sound stage and transparency.

It was a complete knock out with the W2 vs. the Chord Hugo 2. The H2 was better in almost every way especially with respect to resolution; and detail and clarity.

More later as I get more ear time with it. But, this evaluation was very straight forward to me. I don't expect my opinion to change much. I look forward to pairing it with the Hugo 2 and C9 to see how far this dongle can go.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #1,545 of 5,299
I just spent the last hour A/B testing the LPW2 to my Hiby R6 2020. The LPW2 is better. It has better treble response as classical music has more airiness. The bass is tighter for modern pop music. And, the instrument separation and resolution are superior. Fortunately, I always intended to pair my R6 with my Hugo 2 and/or C9. I bought it mostly for its Application and Android 9 support. This would have shocked me if I didn't hear from others that the W2 outperformed their midfi DAPs. I would be interested in hearing a comparison of the R8 to the W2. This Dongle is a winner and makes the iPhone relevant again for audio. Oh. I forgot to mention that I hate the lightning cable. They should have at least made them black. Whoever made the decision to include white cables had a brain fart that day. I am definitely replacing those cables.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back