Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Aug 25, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #1,381 of 1,603
I totally agree with you, Alex.

Another comment on the software side by me, expect for the lack of touch swiping which is pretty much a must have feature if a touchscreen is used, but I guess it might also be a little difficult to reliably implement it to the software that was built from scratch, I think the lack of correct alphabetical sorting in folder view is another greater thing on the software side that should be eventually resolved. I don't know whether it is because of the FAT32 structure (I guess my Cowon Plenue D sorted the folders in correct order though) or just a thing that wasn't implemented on the software side yet, but using third-party programmes on the computer (FAT32-sorter for example) to get the folders into the alphabetical order and not sorted by when they were last edited is something I don't really mind with a $20/30/50 DAP but expect to be done right in the three-digit price range.

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #1,382 of 1,603
Yeah, I probably should have added that part of the touch swiping expectation comes from having a touch screen.  But for those how are not aware, L&P is not based on Android OS where touch swiping is implemented natively by default.  Here, the sw is built from scratch by a team with limited manpower resources.  That's a reason why I can't just say "hey, others have it, so why can't you implement it too?", it's obviously not that easy.  And who knows, maybe there is not enough processing power to implement it at all.  But the fact still remains that when consumers compare products, they don't take this into consideration...

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #1,384 of 1,603
I totally agree with you, Alex.

Another comment on the software side by me, expect for the lack of touch swiping which is pretty much a must have feature if a touchscreen is used, but I guess it might also be a little difficult to reliably implement it to the software that was built from scratch, I think the lack of correct alphabetical sorting in folder view is another greater thing on the software side that should be eventually resolved. I don't know whether it is because of the FAT32 structure (I guess my Cowon Plenue D sorted the folders in correct order though) or just a thing that wasn't implemented on the software side yet, but using third-party programmes on the computer (FAT32-sorter for example) to get the folders into the alphabetical order and not sorted by when they were last edited is something I don't really mind with a $20/30/50 DAP but expect to be done right in the three-digit price range.

There are also other annoyances like occasional playback bugs, non true-random, lack of ogg and (ALAC? I don't know coz I don't use ALAC) support which to be honest shouldn't be the case in this day and age.

Nice to haves would be to move the refresh database link to the options screen as it is very annoyingly on the front screen and very easy to accidentally press, and lack of true parametric EQ .

Better Android OTG support would also be good (does not work with UAPP on my Xperia Z3, which works with almost every other DAP and DAC in existence).

:D

Aug 25, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #1,386 of 1,603
I can see why they would do it and i commend them for doing it. Linux kernels in many ways is not ideal in the sense that they are not specifically built for time critical / real time applications so they might have want to create a bespoke low footprint system that just does what it is supposedto very well.

It looks from the core functionality perspective they have a good base, but they need to put the resources into polish and functionality.

Aug 26, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #1,387 of 1,603
1.0.0.3:
firmware for L3
1. External artwork support
2. AAC support
3. Better detection for headphones under USB DAC
4. Fix some incompatible issues with USB DAC
5. Fix a bug with volume not reseting after using line out.
6. Partially fix shuffling. (only partially)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bk2stn7fsfm340/LPFWPKG_L3_V1.0.0.3.rar?dl=0

Hello~
When can L&P L3 to support Gapless Playback function ?!?
Thxthx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back